Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Blizzcon...What could we expect?

So now that we know the official release date of WoD....the Thursday after Blizzcon 2014 ends, some questions do rise for me.

Blizzcon is mainly to showcase their products and what can we expect from them....but somehow it seems this is going to be a drought-y one?

Lets break it down quickly for their franchisees...

-Warcraft

There are limited to almost zero options here, unless they pull something like....oh we are releasing a remastered HD version of WC1, 2 and 3 for the anniversary....its gonna end up most likely just a release party for the new expansion, no new info will be revealed or spoiled beyond 6.0 period.

-Starcraft

Now that IP do have something to be talked abut, the 3rd installment for SC2, previewing it and any possible enchantments to it.

-Diablo

A bit of uncertainty here....there is speculation there will be another expansion to D3 picking up the story from RoS, but nothing is confirmed.

-HoTS

That's the most promising one of them all, expanding on info, possible switch from alpha to beta whether closed or open, new heroes and improvements, release date/structure...etc.

-Hearthstone

Again could arguably get new info on an expansion or improvements/features to the game.

-Possible new IP

......yeah could be but no proof.

Compared to he previous Blizzcon...it seems lackluster this time around or am I missing something?
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

More info about the upcoming Warcraft movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll have something to say about the first World of Warcraft patch or two by that point. It's silly to think they won't say a word.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Absolutely nothing.

Warcraft wise they will SOMEHOW manage to disappoint, even with noone really expecting anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It will probably be light on the WoW, likely nothing we haven't seen before or datamined by then. But regardless of WoW, we still have a likely D3 expansion, SC2 expansion confirmed, Warcraft movie which will be absolutely off the balls huge, Heroes of the Storm which will probably all engines go, announcing another Hearthstone adventure probably and definitely a HS tournament.

A new IP isn't too likely considering we haven't had a peep of it, but regardless of WoW related stuff it's still a pretty content packed Blizzcon.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeknightX View Post
    -Warcraft

There are limited to almost zero options here, unless they pull something like....oh we are releasing a remastered HD version of WC1, 2 and 3 for the anniversary....its gonna end up most likely just a release party for the new expansion, no new info will be revealed or spoiled beyond 6.0 period.
    10 years of World of Warcraft, 20 years of Warcraft, Sort of a big deal actually. Also they keep saying they want to have expansions every year.
    Soooo, maybe they'll announce the next one after WoD.

You see Warcraft is down 5.2 million subscriptions since 2010, they want to make it popular again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft:

Basically a pre-launch party, talking about the expac. Probably will have a heroic raid race. As always, I'll throw in Warcraft 4 RTS just because I'm a dreamer. Probably more info about the expansion, and get more promises and hints that will be scrapped.

Starcraft:

Will be all about Legacy of the Void, about how badass Protoss are, and probably have some sort of SC2 Tourny. Will be about the main story, show off the features of the expansion, new units etc.

Diablo 3:

Probably announce a new expansion, and some other small things. I don't expect it to be very big but, could be. Maybe new acts if they could be bothered, but probably not.

Hearthstone:

Possibly a new expansion announcement, or some sort of new feature, maybe more PvE progression in the game. Will definitely have a Hearthstone tournament there.

Heroes of the Storm:

First ever official competitive HotS matches, i know that IdrA has been playing a lot of HotS, could be interesting.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    10 years of World of Warcraft, 20 years of Warcraft, Sort of a big deal actually. Also they keep saying they want to have expansions every year.
    Soooo, maybe they'll announce the next one after WoD.
    I thought this, then my friend said "Yeah, but that would put a dampener on Warlords", which makes sense.

As for WC: undoubtedly there will be 6.1 and 6.2 previews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As for WC: undoubtedly there will be 6.1 and 6.2 previews.
    Hopefully..But then again most information from times Blizzcon might be scrapped.

Well.. They will talk about Grom and possibly hints at the Burning Legion influence..

Other than that, just excited for Warcraft movie teaser (filming is done, they are t at post production)

Warcraft: 6.1 trailer, new features for later in wod, maybe some vids about 10 years of wow

Diablo 3: new expansion probably, as most console players will be wraping it up by then

starcraft: new xpac, tournament

HotS, features, tournament maybe, beta announcement...

New IP: probably not

Wow movie: maybe a fucking trailer...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    A remake of WC 1 to 3 or even a 4th version is what I´d like to see the most.
    I never played WC1 or 2 because they can´t be bought anywhere in my country.
    What bothers me more is that I can´t even find them on battle.net

Some movie related stuff would be awesome as well

-Hearthstone

Released for andriod ( one can hope as i dont have a ipad and dont want one )

This Blizzcon or the next:

World of Warcraft coming to console.

Why?
    1. Subs are dropping steadily but nevertheless they increase the WoW team with 80 people extra.
    2. Pruning = basic rotations are now only a couple of buttons.
    3. They hired personnel to port Diablo III to console. WoW will be their next challenge.
    4. This expansion and the presumably next legion x-pack will probably keep us away from Azeroth. So console players could start begining their adventures in WoD, then continue to the next x-pac, presumably Argus, without ever setting feet on Azeroth.
    5. Expansions could be sold as stand-alone games, where your character gets boosted to the appropriate level + a feature where you can continue on an already existing character.
    6. Because they start in the past, Blizzard will be able to let the console users experience legendary characters like Arthas, The Lich King and Illidian for the first time.

This is my two cents.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2014-08-16 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Warcraft Mainly 10 year WoW anniversy and 20 year Warcraft anniversary, and ofcourse the release of WoD.

Starcraft New expansion will definitely be showed.

Diablo It is already confirmed there will be another expansion after RoS, though I doubt it will be shown at this Blizzcon. They'll probably wait one year to announce in 2015 and release in 2016.

Hots New heroes probably, maybe the beta announcement. I think they will. Probably a 2015 release.

Hearthstone Golden card for all the ticket buyers, just like the Golden ETC last year. Probably won't be that big of a deal in the meta, just more of a fun card. Blizzard already said they want to release more cards in the next update, though I doubt they will announce it at Blizzcon. They probably won't.

New IP They already hinted they were planning to announce something new at Blizzcon, probably a smaller game like Hearthstone. With only a Legacy of the Void announcement, are we really getting something new from Blizzard this Blizzcon? I definitely hope so... And I can't wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post

WoW coming to console.

Why?
    2. Pruning = less buttons, so more suited for console.
    WoW still has way too many buttons to be playable with a gamepad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post

WoW coming to console.

Why?
    1. Subs are dropping steadily but nevertheless they increase the WoW team with 80 people extra.
    2. Pruning = less buttons, so more suited for console.
    3. They hired personnel to port Diablo III to console. WoW will be their next challenge.
    4. This expansion and the presumably next legion x-pack will probably keep us away from Azeroth. So console players could start begining their adventures in WoD, then continue to the next x-pac, presumably Argus, without ever setting feet on Azeroth.

This is my two cents.
    20 buttons is still too much for console, trust me. It - won't - happen. Diablo 3 is something totally different than WoW and designed with the console in mind. WoW is just a PC only, there are too many struggles to take to get that done in console. And by the time that happens you're 5 years down and have a totally different game which isn't an experience you want on console. Even if it WAS possible, you wouldn't do it since the market is different and the console player asks himself ''Should i take this brand new shiny game for 50 bucks, or this more then 10 year old game with shitty controls, a learning curve for months and a monthly subscription fee?'' Hmm hard choice huh? Blizzard knows this so it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    20 buttons is still too much for console, trust me. It - won't - happen. Diablo 3 is something totally different than WoW and designed with the console in mind. WoW is just a PC only, there are too many struggles to take to get that done in console. And by the time that happens you're 5 years down and have a totally different game which isn't an experience you want on console. Even if it WAS possible, you wouldn't do it since the market is different and the console player asks himself ''Should i take this brand new shiny game for 50 bucks, or this more then 10 year old game with shitty controls, a learning curve for months and a monthly subscription fee?'' Hmm hard choice huh? Blizzard knows this so it's not going to happen.
    Because of the pruning, core rotations are now only a couple of buttons. And if the console users start in WoD, then you don't start in a 10 year old game. Characters are updated and so is the world.

PC gaming as we know it, is dying. Console and tablets are the future. Blizzard realises this, as proven by Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and the Diablo III port.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2014-08-16 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Warcraft wise they will SOMEHOW manage to disappoint, even with noone really expecting anything.
    Says more about the players than about Blizzard.