Poll: poll

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    depends... if i knew that i could stop the attacker, then yes i would...if i knew i could not, there would be no point in intervening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    yep, which is why you should value experience. from a purely objective point of view, surely its best to value older people more to a point, as it takes years to replace the experience they have accumulated, but only a short time to replace a younger person who have not accumulated much knowledge if we are talking group benefits.....

But OT, yeah I'd intervene. But then I've had training to deal with this kind of thing, and I know the risks and accept them. I think its perfectly reasonable for people not to directly intervene but rather call the police etc instead.
    Personally I believe that one of the big issues of society is that people dont intervene enough, if they did you'd get far less crime (but admittedly a transitional period of people getting hurt trying to intervene)
    Yeah but it's not all about value to society. A 90 year old dude is going to have accumulated more knowledge than a 30 year old, but he's gonna pop his clogs sooner anyway. Kids havn't had a chance to live their lives etc.

I would intervene by calling the police, as they are going to intervene in a much more meaningful way than I can. There is a short list of friends and family for whom I would intervene directly.

Depends on the weapon the attacker is carrying and whether or not my child was with me. If it's just me I'd call the police, pepper spray the shit out of him, and point my sidearm at him. I wouldn't shoot him unless he made an attempt at me. I'm sure some PoS would be standing by recording the event with their phone so my actions would be justified.

If my child was with me I'd probably just call the police and get out of there. Child's safety > stranger's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'll intervene by calling the police and keeping myself safe.
    This, Id never put myself in harms way but Id call the cops.

If I felt I was adequately armed to take on said aggressor. Yes.
    But with increasing anti-gun laws and such, the chances of me or people like me are becoming rarer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have the guts to intervene, in all honesty..
    I would call the cops, then start filming the thing for their benefit..
    I like juice