Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Every south Texan I know is at odds with their political rhetoric. On the one hand, they LOVE the cheap labor. On the other hand, Fox News tells them to hate illegals.
    I'm neither of those things. :P
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Why should Mexico give a damn where the US puts it's people on US soil?

The biggest illusion from either side is that more troops will stop or even curb immigration. The most the US can do is throw them back into Mexico, at which point they're right on the next immigrant train into the US. A lot of the time border patrol will catch the same person 4-5 times and then they don't see them again, and anyone that thinks they gave up is just foolish.

I don't see how anyone can claim to be fiscally conservative while throwing taxpayer money at a problem that cannot be fixed, without building a thousand mile long wall. It may have worked for China, but we're not being invaded by raiding Mongol hoard either.
    These are some really wise words, sir. Then again, should expect anything less from Batman?

Seriously though, you make a really good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Why should Mexico give a damn where the US puts it's people on US soil?
    Why should your neighbor care if you have a line of angry guard dogs and policemen at the edges of your lawn? It's simply not that simple.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Why should your neighbor care if you have a line of angry guard dogs and policemen at the edges of your lawn? It's simply not that simple.
    It's a bit different. Especially with Americas generally attitude against illegals. For the most part we're ok with digging a canyon along the border and filling it with man eating crocodiles.

I don't know anybody who particularly cares what Mexico thinks or wants.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    i have neighbor (sorta lives across the street) with 6+ large dogs that give off aggressive vibe... Guess what no one goes into their yard and I don't care if they are they long as they don't cross.

we could always turn large parts of the border into active bombing/artillery ranges.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i have neighbor (sorta lives across the street) with 6+ large dogs that give off aggressive vibe... Guess what no one goes into their yard and I don't care if they are they long as they don't cross.

we could always turn large parts of the border into active bombing/artillery ranges.
    Only if we start executing shoplifting Americans first, because that is exactly as harmless as an illegal crossing is (unless its drug gang related).

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Only if we start executing shoplifting Americans first, because that is exactly as harmless as an illegal crossing is (unless its drug gang related).
    A bit of a tangent, but I do think we let a lot of criminals off too easy in this country. (obviously execution is way way to far in the other direction though)
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Perry pull a totally meaningless populistic stunt about deploying the national guard that cant do any law enforcement.
    Mexico replies with a equally meaningless and populistic statement.

Seems cool to me.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Despite popular theories, robots will never replace $2/hr labor you pick up from the curb side.
    Why do people constantly say this $2 an hour garbage? It is more like $10-12 an hour. Don't really care about robot arguments, but they arent paid just $2 an hour

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Why do people constantly say this $2 an hour garbage? It is more like $10-12 an hour. Don't really care about robot arguments, but they arent paid just $2 an hour
    You mean you pay illegal immigrants more than minimum wage? I find that doubtful. According to google, minimum wage in Texas is $7.25, why would you hire an illegal at 10-12...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Illegal laborers are not being paid more than minimum wage. That's just...silly.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Ive read a LOT on the Cilvil War, but I dont remember Russia ever guarding our borders. Now, The Union creating a mighty navy and strangling all the ports as part of the ANaconda plan to prevent the SOuth from getting help from Europe... that happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Russian_Navy

In 1863, during the American Civil War, the Russian Navy's Atlantic and Pacific Fleets wintered in the American ports of New York and San Francisco respectively. SOME historians credit this visit as a major factor in deterring France and England from entering the war on the Confederate side.[4] Delahaye states that besides supporting the Union, Russia was also preparing for a war with France and England should they intervene in the Polish insurrection of 1863. The Russian Navy was weak and could easily be blockaded in its home ports, but if it was in the US when the war started it could more easily attack British and French commerce

Russias involvement is being exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You mean you pay illegal immigrants more than minimum wage? I find that doubtful. According to google, minimum wage in Texas is $7.25, why would you hire an illegal at 10-12...
    Why would you equate minimum wage to have anything to do with what you pay illegals?

Typically we think of illegals as doing manual labor, you need to look at comparable fields Americans work in and examine their wages, to understand why $10-12 is paid to an illegal. And since i work in construction, i can give you some examples. Flagger: $19 /hour just for being outside in the elements. Common labor: $24/hour to be outside and labor, concrete finisher: $30/hour, Iron worker (steel tying) $42.50/hour.

So when we examine some typical US wages for manual labor, and working outside in the elements, and we add in to the fact that an employer has to pay much more than the wage, for each US employee, it should be perfectly obvious why $10-12/hour is a great deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Perry pull a totally meaningless populistic stunt about deploying the national guard that cant do any law enforcement.
    Mexico replies with a equally meaningless and populistic statement.

Seems cool to me.
    As I have stated before, the National Guard when called out by a Govenor is not under the "no law enforcement" limitation that the standard US military is under.

no..no. there is a vast difference between shoplifting and illegally entering a country....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I know plenty illegals that make over $20/hr. don't even think they lower themselves to below min wage.