Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What makes your main your main?

Simple question, but how do you people stick to your main? What makes your main unique enough to stick with him or her?

I've always been jealous of people that managed to stick to one toon throughout the years. As an avid mainswitcher and altoholic I've never been able to do so myself.

Fire away people, I'd love to hear what makes your mains special. It might even convince me to stick to one char for a change

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotional connection and /played.

I have 90'd many characters, and switched mains ONCE. I was a Rogue in Vanilla and BC. I have been a DK ever since. I still have the rogue though, he just got demoted to alt status.

Deleted
    I've got enough 90's but my main is the first charachter since I've got since vanilla.
    But the biggest reason is because he's a dwarf.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    for me its simple i geus. i only have 1 max lvl character wich is a dwarf warrior. (since vanila i might add)
    i have no intrest in other characters except warriors. i like deathknights asswell i geus and have a smal hunter.
    But ice got like countless low level warriors on alot of servers:P

for some reason i get bored really quickly when leveling again. When i level my warrior i have a clear goal i geus. getting it to max level. while for alts the goal has not changed its alot harder for me to bring it up.

Deleted
    70 exalted reps are keeping me away from making any of alts to my new main

Deleted
    It used to be manaburn.

Now it's just the memory of the fear I used to instill in my enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    It used to be manaburn.

Now it's just the memory of the fear I used to instill in my enemies.
    Ooh...how I miss Mana Burn.

It used to be so fun playing a Priest in TBC PvP. As soon as you finished that first cast, enemy's mana went down like 15%. It used to be when you saw a priest casting it, you interrupted or ran. /memories

He's never been deleted and isn't a remake of a class I've already had at max level. (had about 8 85s, now have 8 90s, but only DK was both).
    He's the best dps and best tank I have, I can't heal.
    Legendary cloak+best gear.
    Best at solo'ing, questing, has all the transmog gear I've ever wanted (so far).
    600 tailor and engineer, so the only one who can use carpets and flying machines.
    Oldest character, most played.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    Fire away people, I'd love to hear what makes your mains special. It might even convince me to stick to one char for a change
    My main is my main, because thats the one I raid on, it's the one I farm achievements on, it's just the character I've (since mid tbc) has felt is the most fun to play, and I don't see that changing.. shadow priest for life.

But that said, I am in no way a one character person, I have, currently, 8 level 90's, although I do not play regular on all of them, midway though MoP my first 4 level 90's got replaced, and I now play primarly on the last 3 level 90's I made.

I also have 7 level 85's left from cata. Which was characters that I just couldn't get my self to level to 90, instead, I've made new characters and leveled from scratch, except my main and a warrior I play a little now and then.

I probably wouldn't have enough to do on just one character, but I still have that one character which I always keep to, and is the first that gets leveled, and whom I see as my main.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    I think I was 16 when WoW launched in europe and that forsaken Warlock in the vanilla opening cinematic was just the most awesome thing around. It is just the most badass and cool class/race in the entire game to me, lore wise. Even if it was kinda shitty back then and I even struggled to kill quest mobs alone on my way to 60.

By the time tbc came around, I was already pretty good with the class while warlocks in general, just like today, were pretty rare, let alone good ones. So I had kinda established myself and over all these years I had a blast raiding with the class I really liked and enjoyed while at the same time never having trouble to find a decent guild or keeping my raid spot. I like and enjoy the class and I'm good at it, so I can play and raid with it as much as I want, so it's just perfect for me.

About 600 days /played on that toon, almost no time spent on alts and while I created it back in school, I'm not far away from my masters degree and still enjoying it. It's just my thing in this game.

Question: What makes your main unique enough to stick with him or her?
    Answer: ​Fun

Deleted
    Played a mage till mid-TBC and then made my Shammy. Never looked back and been playing enhancement pretty much all the time (altho in wotlk I was forced to heal during Ulduar 'cause we lacked heals) It's not that I don't like playing other classes but I wouldn't change my main for anything. Why? 'Cause it's AWESOME! :P

Deleted
    It's the character I use to do heroic raids, (or used to)

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotional attachment and because I'm good at playing the class. Also, achievements. Before they were made account-wide, one of the things I hated about playing an alt is that my achievements wouldn't show up. Even though they do now, I still feel like I've accomplished more on my main than I have on my other characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the character I play the most long term.

I switch mains usually once each expansion. The character with the highest ilvl/gear is generally considered my main, but I have every class at 90. My druid has the most days played by far and is the toon that has been my main at some point during every expansion except maybe Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild needs a mage for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Emotional connection and /played.
    Pretty much this. I have a few 90s as well, and I have also only switched once. Used to play Mage in Vanilla and TBC on Alliance. Then I switched to a Horde Paladin about midway through TBC who I still consider my main. Only problem is I play with people on the US servers now, and my Paladin is still stuck on the European servers. :/ Miss her deeply.

Deleted
    I always played melee classes. Mained a rogue in vanilla, a warrior in tbc, a dk in wotlk and cata but in MoP I went hunter and never looked back.

I realized there is something about hunter that really clicks for me
    *Way more survivability in random pvp than any melee
    *Can beat any class in 1v1
    *Can set traps. No, not just the actual in-game traps, I mean camping a flag in stealth until something comes along to cap it and then aimedshotchimerashothalfofhealthgoneumadbro.
    *I like the theme
    *Can knock people off LM and mid in eots from range, unlike a shaman.
    *Can easily make mages cry. This comes after I could never solo mages because I always played melee classes.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can heal withmy priest like I can walk on te street. It comes so naturally.