10+ Year Old Account

I think we all have a problem

We all want news about WoD when in reality it's much better to not have Blizzard tell us what's in it and what's not. Look speaking as a Vanilla veteran (fuck I hate that term), what had me interested in WoW was the lack of information Blizzard gave out, it seems like everyone and their mother knows every NPC name by the time WoD comes out. Herein lies the problem, you want information but it ruins any sort of adventure you might get out of an expansion and I personally think Blizzard should keep information to a minimum instead of announcing every bloody thing to the players.

This isn't LoL where the game is based around pure competition, you need to announce any change that is upcoming into pure detail into a game like that. On the other hand this is WoW, an MMORPG (used to be more of one in my own personal opinion) where adventure counts more. An example, the cities that were removed, why would Blizzard even bother to mention anything like that? Why do they feel the need to tell everyone every single thing, just let it slide and leave it to be a mystery. Keep your beta closed to hide the information, look I think we can all agree Blizzard makes a damn fine game so we should be able to trust them to make a damn fine expansion without us having to know every nook and cranny before it releases.
    Hey everyone

This is why I never use my beta keys. or why I never delve too deep into what MMOC says on the front page.
    I like knowing somethings, like new features, but I won't watch the video showing the 6.0 quests that they posted the other day. I want to keep the excitement of it fun.
    You can only do one thing for the first time once. I want to experience it, instead of it feeling like a chore because I beta'd it.

Personally I don't mind too much, but I do think they could do with letting less storyline out. I mean, sure, letting there be a big bad guy known from the start that will be the final boss isn't bad, it worked well with Wrath it seemed, but the details along the way could be kept hidden.

Deleted
    Double eged sword- let out too little and risk a lot of people losing their interest. Let out too much and what you described happens.

I think Beta should be really closed and only give players a small taste of what's comming, not letting them in all of the dungeons with broken mechanics and stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    Double eged sword- let out too little and risk a lot of people losing their interest. Let out too much and what you described happens.

I think Beta should be really closed and only give players a small taste of what's comming, not letting them in all of the dungeons with broken mechanics and stuff like that.
    What are you going on about? Beta is "really" closed....not everyone and their dog gets in. If you don't let testers test everything...what's the point? Release it with broken mechanics and let the masses cry like little girls in force? You apparently don't really understand what a beta is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    What are you going on about? Beta is "really" closed....not everyone and their dog gets in. If you don't let testers test everything...what's the point? Release it with broken mechanics and let the masses cry like little girls in force? You apparently don't really understand what a beta is.
    He does have somewhat of a point, a lot of people who use beta use it as a sneak preview and don't report anything.

On topic, I agree about Blizzard telling too much, whether it be story or features for the reason you listed and my own........if anything changes people are all up in arms about it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    He does have somewhat of a point, a lot of people who use beta use it as a sneak preview and don't report anything.

On topic, I agree about Blizzard telling too much, whether it be story or features for the reason you listed and my own........if anything changes people are all up in arms about it.
    I've found betas often ruin my experience for the actual release.
    Hey everyone