Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    He doesn't need "redemption" in the alternate universe as he didn't drink the demon blood (yet) anyway. Not sure what the legion-influenced Grom raid is supposed to be representing...
    Either that he change his mind or they invade and corrupt orcs.
    Still, he is launching an invasion against Azeroth and harboring a warcriminal, he has plenty to redeem himself for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    There's still time.

I don't believe for a second thralls just gonna sit idly by and let him repeat his foolish ways for a second time.
    I'm sorry, but thrall died almost 2 expansions ago.
    Now there is only goel, and he can go sit in voidzones
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Thaddius. I had no idea that the female voice you hear while raiding Naxx was actually him. He's made of tortured women and children. The story of Thaddius is creepy, and sad. You get there too late to save them.

I always thought Naxxramas was a better representation of the scourge than Icecrown Citadel. To me, ICC didn't feel like the scourge. Naxx, however, did. ICC and the 3 5-mans were crap compared to Naxx. The story behind them, anyway. Still wish I could have experienced Naxx at 60.

Ingame: The saddest boss story is Thaddius. Not sad to fight it because you're releasing the souls that animate it.

Most sad to fight is Keristrasza. Don't read the quest text; you'll eternally hate that bossfight. And Malygos.

Vanessa Vancleef deserves an honorable mention, that's easily the most wrong death. She had potential as a character and five armored adventurers going into Deadmines and beating a 15-16 year old girl to death is pretty fucked up.

Potential saddest: Maiev.
    She got thrown under the villain bus and it's only a matter of time. She spends her life dedicated to night elven society, successfully captures a mass-murderer and enemy of the entirety of Azeroth, is punished by Malfurion for it, chases after the criminal and danger to Azeroth (seriously, wtf malfurion, you let your half-demon brother go and assemble an army with no knowledge of who his master is and what he is doing for his master) and is imprisoned for years until she is finally released only to realize how much of her life has been wasted and how little she has left now that she no longer has vengeance to drive her. Then she's promptly given the "crazy supremacist" card and is inevitably going to be a generic raid boss.
    Last edited by Irian; 2014-08-17 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    She got thrown under the villain bus and it's only a matter of time. She spends her life dedicated to night elven society, successfully captures a mass-murderer and enemy of the entirety of Azeroth
    You're gonna have to explain this very specifically for me. WC3 Illidan, not Burning Crusade Illidan, hated demons and would do anything to kill them all and was one of the least racists people ever introduced in the story. (That last part being said to point out how little of a threat he was to other peoples as compared to his love interest.) I don't recall any "mass murders" by him but I do remember Tyrande killing her own people because they wouldn't step aside when she said to. Ya know, cause she was a brutal totalitarian dictator before WoW.

seriously, wtf malfurion, you let your half-demon brother go and assemble an army with no knowledge of who his master is and what he is doing for his mastery
    I assume you mean "master." Thing is, even TBC Illidan was plotting to use his demon army (thanks for the personality and values retcon, Blizzard) to fight the Burning Legion himself. It's even part of the Black Temple patch trailer.

and is imprisoned for years until she is finally released only to realize how much of her life has been wasted and how little she has left now that she no longer has vengeance to drive her. Then she's promptly given the "crazy supremacist" card and is inevitably going to be a generic raid boss.
    I can't disagree with this, though. She should have been so much more. Unfortunately, just like her writing is fairly bad at this point.

On a related note, there are plenty of people on this very forum who still to this day who don't understand why Night Elf Mages was a completely legitimate addition in Cataclysm and seemed to have failed to read any of the NPC dialog explaining it and showing distrust and outright hostility towards the re-welcomed Highborn and, due to that reason, don't think that Maiev's actions were wrong nor bad writing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

c'thun and yogg only because I want the old gods to do more than just corrupt a bit of land then die, I want them to do what they can do and then go from there.

besides rooting for the bad guys .. grom will be sad, and if we ever - for some stupid blizzard reason - have to kill brox ... I'll quit the day they announce that fight.

I've always kinda felt bad for patchwerk for the same sort of reason as thaddius .. "kel'thuzad make patchwerk his avatar of war ..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You're gonna have to explain this very specifically for me. WC3 Illidan, not Burning Crusade Illidan, hated demons and would do anything to kill them all and was one of the least racists people ever introduced in the story. (That last part being said to point out how little of a threat he was to other peoples as compared to his love interest.) I don't recall any "mass murders" by him but I do remember Tyrande killing her own people because they wouldn't step aside when she said to. Ya know, cause she was a brutal totalitarian dictator before WoW.
    In the campaign you see the nagas summoned and led by Illidan destroying night elf settlements unprovoked, it's not a stretch of the imagination - considering they served under Illidan and he was there as well - to assume he threw the first stone. If you go replay through the first part again, you can see that they destroyed entire towns in their wake.

I assume you mean "master." Thing is, even TBC Illidan was plotting to use his demon army (thanks for the personality and values retcon, Blizzard) to fight the Burning Legion himself. It's even part of the Black Temple patch trailer.
    Yes, but my point is that Malfurion really had no idea other than the word of his brother - half transformed into a demon, an outcast and an outlaw and currently an enemy of his people who the Sentinels had been bitterly clashing with days before that incident - who he was serving and what he was trying to do.

In short: Malfurion is an idiot.

Note that I'm not saying Illidan is evil. I think if anyone's screwed up in the night elven society, it's Malfurion. But it still stands that Illidan had committed crimes against the night elves, escaped from his imprisonment and killed innocents and Maiev's loved one and friends were killed during their search for him. For them to turn her "evil" out of random for some inexplicable reason and set her up to be a future enemy is seriously just ridiculous to me. There was never anything evil about her.

Deleted
    Sif!! oh wait... erm.... Illidan then.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Lich King. You think Bolvar or anyone else suffered greatly at his hands? Arthas suffered more than them. His own soul was all but destroyed, in the book it was a sickly dying child struggling to even remain. And even after ripping his own heart out and having it destroyed by Tirion(lying piece of shit who deserves to die) it still managed to hold him back long enough for us to kill the Lich King and Arthas. His last words were wicked sad.

There's others, but if you know Arthas' story, you know he is the most tragic villain of Warcraft and possibly any fiction.
    Yeah, I always feel bad during the final cinematic.

Then there is Thaddius. When I first learned where the voices of those tortured women were coming from, I got chills. Creepy stuff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I didn't feel ok with killing her. I honestly thought that they were gonna start shifting away with always killing enemies and coming to some kind of term with her. But people need them loots.
    A ninja-chick who's really good with mind-affecting toxins who "dies in a big explosion" when you're specifically not looking because you swung away on a rope to survive said explosion is completely and utterly not dead.

Deleted
    Vanessa (I have a soft Spot for her ) and Keristrasza. Thaddius' story is more creepy than sad, even though it IS sad, but the creepy wins in this case.

Also the Mage girl in dragonblight, who drops the letter to her father when horde kill her. Not a boss though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    A ninja-chick who's really good with mind-affecting toxins who "dies in a big explosion" when you're specifically not looking because you swung away on a rope to survive said explosion is completely and utterly not dead.

Not sure. If I recall correctly, she does drop to the floor and utters the typical human female "uhurrr!" when we defeat her. Seems dead. But then, who knows.

Setback

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Ingame: The saddest boss story is Thaddius. Not sad to fight it because you're releasing the souls that animate it.

Most sad to fight is Keristrasza. Don't read the quest text; you'll eternally hate that bossfight. And Malygos.

Vanessa Vancleef deserves an honorable mention, that's easily the most wrong death. She had potential as a character and five armored adventurers going into Deadmines and beating a 15-16 year old girl to death is pretty fucked up.

She got thrown under the villain bus and it's only a matter of time. She spends her life dedicated to night elven society, successfully captures a mass-murderer and enemy of the entirety of Azeroth, is punished by Malfurion for it, chases after the criminal and danger to Azeroth (seriously, wtf malfurion, you let your half-demon brother go and assemble an army with no knowledge of who his master is and what he is doing for his master) and is imprisoned for years until she is finally released only to realize how much of her life has been wasted and how little she has left now that she no longer has vengeance to drive her. Then she's promptly given the "crazy supremacist" card and is inevitably going to be a generic raid boss.
    Keristrasza is completely under Malygos's control. He basically raped her into submission, then put a spell on her to completely control her. And she can do nothing to resist him. She knows this, so she basically uses your party to commit suicide. It's rather awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    Because the people knew what was going on or cared enough to fight the guards just so some guy gets paid his due.
    I'm sorry but you dont have your entire kingdom rebuilt and pay no attention to who has done it.
    Also I dont think a man who single-handedly rebuilt a kingdom should be labeled as just "some guy".

This response of yours only made look SW Humans like a bunch of asswipes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure XT-002 Deconstructor is the saddest boss.

"I think I broke it!"
    I'm HOT for HOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Also I find the saddest boss to be Lei Shen.
    He gets resurrected just to find his castle under siege, and all he can do is charge some magnetic poles in a place without exits, as if they told me "Now stay here while we fight, have fun with your toys, grandpa".
    Then you get to him and he acts tough because he still has no idea about what goes on. In fact, as you attack him, he grows more and more desperate.
    Thanks for making an already awesome boss even better. I'll go with this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Blizzard needs to start making new plotlines with new villians. Stealing from past lore for the sake of name dropping nostalgia is a crutch that has driven the story into the fucking ground.
    Problem there is when they do make new characters and plotlines, they get tons of backlash along the lines of "What about X character?" or "Why are we wasting our time here, bring back the Legion!", etc.

Though with characters like Med'an, that stupid Thrall's wedding plot, and the fact that a lot of these plot hooks (Zul and Hakkar, Neptulon's capture, etc) go absolutely nowhere, sometimes that backlash is justified. Sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be weird to have any sympathy for a mogu, but I really feel bad for Feng the accursed.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

good ole Brox would be saddest, so far in game to me its Arthas.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Wouldn't be any problem at all.
    Killing Nazgrim mostly made me and mah GF make silly comments when meeting him elsewhere ("watch that mouth, Nazgrim, or I'll be particularly cruel to you this week").
    Killing some piss-poorly contrived ancestor of the Saurfangs will be like killing Lei Shen - completely indifferent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be honest, I wouldn't care one way or the other if he was a boss. Broxigar never really mattered to me, and his last stand was as terribly-written as the rest of that rag Knaak grunted out in the outhouse.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    If blizzard is making be fight Brox i quit, i want Varian ffs not an Orc.