Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    God id love to see a shrink work on people like you...I find it fascinating the people that don't play a game anymore because they complain its too easy too boring etc yet they stalk forums and websites on the game ad much as current players that do still enjoy it. The worst group though are the chronic complainers that still play it anyway. Seriously you people have issues....big time.
    I'll bite.

I didn't complain that it was "too easy too boring etc" anywhere in my post, I didn't even criticize anything about your precious game, and you feel the need to attack me?

I quit once before because I stopped enjoying it, then I came back after a couple years, then I quit last year for the same reason, is that wrong? According to you, I guess it is. 10 years straight or you've got problems, right? Apparently even visiting this site is wrong if you don't play WoW.

Did I mention that WoW should actually have more RPG aspects? Especially the Dialog wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Did I mention that WoW should actually have more RPG aspects? Especially the Dialog wheel.
    Doesn't make much sense for "fetch me ten bear arses" questgivers.

If you want more RPG elements then you should start from something actually feasible goals like proper names for characters.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Doesn't make much sense for "fetch me ten bear arses" questgivers.

If you want more RPG elements then you should start from something actually feasible goals like proper names for characters.
    I already do that, I main on a RP server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I'm interested in World of Warcraft. I like the game hobby.

to get me excited about the game again. I have a point of view that I want to share.

rogue class is terrible game design. I think the class should be remade from scratch. offering an overture to longtime fans, newcomers and the developers. The developers need to clean the slate on how they feel about rogues and scrap the original. though it should be done like how they thought about death knights - they got excited and general good feeling about making the deathknight. I think the base of the performance should be slight less than the normal power of other classes. that way its friendly to new comers. emphasis on rotational perfection to equal the power of other class'. all three specs should be about juggling rotation priority, making it appear to be difficult to experienced rogues. a lot of quality of life improvements made and opening up possibility to use one-handed weapon usage for all the class specializations rotation; while still keeping the iconic dagger intact.

I think that forgetting the stereotype judgment and a redesign would attract moneys back to blizzard. I sure want to have the recommendation I suggested, because I want to resubscribe and go back to this hobby again. while I played my character I was never seen valuable. I would like to be integrated somehow so that people would send me whispers to get invitations to go unlock content.

thanks for reading.
    Last edited by invaluable-busines-advice; 2014-08-24 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    If the lore, art style and everything else including the characters were back to how they were in the RTS. It'd also require Blizzard not to be an underling to Acitivision/Bobby "I'm a **** give me all of your money" Kotick. Blizzard North would have to miraculously come back and all the old devs that left because they didn't like the direction the company was going. Less people like Dave Kosak (I literally hate everything that smug so and so has ever bastardized, him and his "dwarf" can gtfo) and more people like Tigole.

So yeah.. The impossible.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2014-08-24 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    - 1 difficulty of raiding and proper LFM tool for PUGS
    - much better pvp balance
    - 1v1 arenas
    - random arenas
    - better pvp gear progression
    - rated bgs being taken as serious pvp engame content
    - better looking UI
    - extremely hard 5 man dungeons viable as endgame pve content (reward good quality pve gear)
    - pet & mount shop gone
    - no lvl boosting or similar p2w bs
    - blizzard being honest about changes they made in wow
    - cheaters banned for life

BTW rogues are FINE. stfuustpdfgt
    Last edited by mmoc639b4181bd; 2014-08-24 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    The game engine and mechanics are just way too outdated at this point. They would need to completely rewrite and redesign a lot of it. For example, professions are pointless "collect X,Y,Z, push button, wait for progress bar to finish", they really need to rethink how to make interesting and meaningful professions. The world is completely static, the same quest giver will stand in the same spot giving out the same quest 24/7. They should build a more dynamic world, where factions are driven by more intelligence. The leveling and questing mechanics is outdated and leads to tons of wasted content, I should be able to freely choose questlines and questing areas from anywhere in the world rather than being on a railroad and outleveling tons of content along the way. They need to add player generated content in some form, whether it's the new Everquest type building or something else. They also need to make all content relevant at all times, with different content for different difficulty levels, and stop trying to make everyone do the same thing at the same time. Instead just keep adding a variety of content to the world and let each player choose what aspect they want to do. This will probably also require greatly increasing server sizes since the players would be spread out over much more content.

Stop creating new continents in xpacs and instead focus on adding content to all the existing ones. In fact, stop with xpacs completely, even if it means increasing the monthly fee by a few dollars. Let me pick a continent and make it my "home". For example, let me stay in Northrend and advance my character with the content added there. Give each continent unique rewards so that where characters "come from" actually matters. Stop with the lore and trying to tell stories, 90% of Blizzard's writing is garbage quality anyway, and focus on creating an interesting, diverse World where I can choose my own way of advancing my character.

But really, above all, stop making everyone do the same stupid raid at the same time and give people real choices in the content and playstyles.
    Last edited by mmoca845e06c14; 2014-08-24 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I'll bite.

I didn't complain that it was "too easy too boring etc" anywhere in my post, I didn't even criticize anything about your precious game, and you feel the need to attack me?

I quit once before because I stopped enjoying it, then I came back after a couple years, then I quit last year for the same reason, is that wrong? According to you, I guess it is. 10 years straight or you've got problems, right? Apparently even visiting this site is wrong if you don't play WoW.
    It seems kind of weird that you would bother posting how much you don't care about WoW.
    Beta Club Brosquad

-Faction wide weekly quest ( and the faction that finishes it first gets to unlock a "secret" world boss for the week that drops some kind of mount or a crazy mog )
    -Optimized game engine ( so it doesnt run like garbage even on high end PC's )
    -More creative ways to present the IMMENSE lore ingame
    -No more cash shop
    -More game world immersion
    -Adding lore about whatever's under Tirisfal Glades/Whispering Forest
    -Resolving Azhara Story
    -Blizzard putting WAY more money into endgame competitive e-sports things (raiding , pvp... you name it)

that's what comes to my mind right now...

EDIT: And also let's face it....no matter how much Blizz play around with the graphics updating them etc the engine is just gonna show its age and its inevitable that Blizz is gonna have to do something in the likes of a WoW 2 ( For example the last expansion for the current WoW could be the fight with Sargeras but he somehow menages to teleport himself in his full shape so he practicly wipes out 90% of the population of Azeroth and we the players (the survivors) are forced to teleport to another planet with the help of the last remaining mages here.....after this happens current WoW gets shut down and blizz comes out with WoW 2...the first few expansions could be on the whole new world while players are gettting nostalgic about old Azeroth...and the 3rd expansion will be something of the likes of we the players retaking our old homeworld of Azeroth in a new EPIC engine which allows it to be LEGENDARY.)

just a rant lel
    Last edited by Boreuz; 2014-08-24 at 11:02 PM.

No order:

-D3 Transmog,
    -Fire Mumper/Kalgan/Celestalon/Bashiok and Zerayhm
    -patch in Karabor/Blade Spire and Farahlon
    -no more 9m-1 1/2 year raid tiers
    -game back to 39.99
    -No more store mounts for awhile, though the next one should be a flying 2 seater
    -no more poorly announced changes via twitter
    -Demon Hunter class
    -Ogre (Warr, Hunter, Lock, Mage, Shaman, DK,DH, Monk) for Horde and Furbolgs (Druid, Warr, Hunter, Shaman, Priest, Monk, DH, DK, Monk, Mage, Druid) for Alliance, Ethereals (Warr, Priest, Lock, Mage, Monk, DH) for Neutral/Both
    -Raiding 10/LGR 10H no LFR, 20/LFR 20H no LFR, 25 Mythic + 1 optional boss per raid and at least 1 hardmode boss per raid, no flex
    -Worgen and Goblin Monk, if Forsaken can be fucking Zen, so can they
    -New Race/Class combos - Draenei Druid, Nelf Paladin and Shamans, Orc Paladins, Gnome hunter etc etc etc
    -All xpacs have at leadt 5-7 new dungeons, one remade classic, and a final raid dungeon (like WoE/End Time and the ICC ones)
    - Balance IoQ and AV
    -Add Azshara Crater, Gurubashi Arena, Darkmoon Arena as Arena maps
    -Redo/update all holidays starting with XMAS and Halloween
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2014-08-25 at 02:26 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

1. Full racial architectural themes for Garrisons - in a heartbeat. To make an all Blood elf buildings, or all Worgen or all night elf or all draenei looking or all goblin or all Forsaken - would just be simply WOW.

2. They start doing conversations for quests - SWTOR style, where your character also talks, with close ups, bringing the lore to life.

3. They stop fucking the lore around and stop writing such skewed stories, yes i want to see night elves like they were in WC3, not the unrecognisable weak things they feel like now, i want to see prominence in dwarves, more stuff out there

4. return wow to a 4 faction - 2faction system. Why not run the game systems as 2-factions but write the story as 4 factions where factions pair up for batlegrounds and instances, guildbanks/raid purposes, but for world pvp, only they're with themselves and for story plots tooo. E.g. Night elves & alliance - ally for things like Bgs and you can group with each other for instances, guilds, cities etc, just like present, but an alliance player is not green to a night elf faction player, they're yellow neutral and can engage each other, they are however hostile to the other pair, the horde and forsaken faction.

This way, it is still a 2 ffaction game for game systems purposes, but a 4-faction set up for the story and world pvp. - would even allow some uniniqe battle ground ideas, where it's each faction for themself.

5. Mor e speech, it looks like talking is at premium - more speech from NPcs everything

6. Garrisons can be used as a war conquest game all over every zone, they could even design structured WC1-3 like games to conquer territories and reward factions who control terirtories by giving bonuses to adventurers in that area - adventueres can choose to phase out of a conquest garrison fight going on in their area or partake as an adventuerer to help whichever players are sending out troops against each other. Players can either 1 v 1 for battles, or players can join them in controlling their troops, there will be a lmit ofc based on the system if you want to multiplay the garrison, and you can join as a general who controls the troops, with your main character operating kind of like how the heroes in Wc1-3 operatd, or you can join as a guest particapnt, las an adventurer on the field as a soldier or a general fighting on the ground, help make up for some bad tactical decisions of the controllers, could be real fun

you will be able to shift territroies from contested to your fctionand they can stay there or that way for 24 hours before going back to contested, but can be fought for again in as little as 6 hrs if someone around wants to do so.

7. Sub-races and new races galore. Not just well known ones like Mag'har orcs, or dark iron dwarves, but also new ones like forsaken humans or night elf sub group of demon-hunter sect night elves, or night elves with Cenarion blood in them causing them to have leaves instead of hair and gnarled wooden claws for hands and antlers on their heads - etc, sub-races like OP said being regularly added, i'd be extactic if they could have like phased starter zones, so they start in the area they are from, but they don't have to, an alternative is that they start at the level of the area they in, so Taunka will start at level 71 and in Borean Tundra, soif you pick that sub=race, you start at that level or you phase Borean Tundra/Dragonblight for levels 1-6 or 1-12 before sending them to Thunderbluff or Mulgore to continue.

But sub-races shouldn't be the end of new races, like Op said, an expansion should give either 1 new race or 2, but also gvive about 4 new sub-races, with more sub-races coming in patches. I much prefer sub-races to just having more customisation options. BuT:

also want more customisation options to existing races, like more skin tones, more faces, more options like body hair slider for male toons, faces/bodies with adam's apples , able to vary eyebrows or eyecolours separtely, tattoos on appropriate races or tribal features added, more hair styles, more facial hair options

This stuff will get me super excited to have, it would be soo cool.

Larger expansion, faster content deployment and development.
    Maybe add more polys to cloaks and robes and actually make them look 3D, give them rips, tears, new shapes, this in specific would make gear alot more interesting.
    Start adding alot more limited time mount prizes and such, like one every raid tier, and make them more unique.

New interesting things.
    Mabye ground mounts that can jump really high? Like jumping spider mounts?

- Sub races would be great. I'd love to play a Frostborn Dwarf or a Taunka. Also.....I would totally roll a Taunka Warrior named Taunkatruck.

- Stop shoving the "Orcs & Humans" shit down my throat. I am quite sick of it. Stop making dumb story decisions just for the sake of keeping the Orcs & Humans front and center.

- Raids that are exclusive to either Horde or Alliance. I think it'd be cool to have an expansion where the Alliance are all about solving their own problems while the Horde are all about solving their own problems. Some Horde race/city is threatened by a Big Bad, so the Horde players have a raid to stop that Big Bad. Alliance side gets something similar. Gear could be mirror images with the same stats but different models (like the differences between faction-specific PvP gear). It'd be a lot of work on Blizzard's side, but I still think it'd be fun.

- Danath Trollbane's retaking of Stromgarde and Stromgarde made a proper Alliance kingdom. I've been wanting to see this for years. Would be an excellent start to Varian's "we need to contain Sylvanas" thing, since a major Alliance presence like Stromgarde in Arathi Highlands would be a huge threat to the Forsaken.

- Classic AV. If I weren't playing, this alone would make me come back to the game.

- Stop with the "no flying mounts allowed" bullshit.

- Remove some of the restrictions on transmogging. Only rule is that you have to be able to equip the gear you want to transmog. If you can equip it, you can transmog it. That simple. Want to be a dual-wielding fish warrior with a Chef hat? Go for it. Want to dual wield Thunderfury? Go for it.

- Enchant effect transmogs, ie the ability to take your current weapon enchant and "transmog" it to look like another enchant. I know this would probably just result in everyone running around with Mongoose, but I'm okay with that. At least we have options to pick other enchants. Cost would be that you have to provide a scroll of whatever enchant transmog you want to use.

- Quicker attention to things like class balance/tuning. No more of this shit where certain classes/specs are either dominating all others or useless for months at a time. Rets on Wrath launch are a good example. That shouldn't happen.

- More aggressive approach towards identifying and disabling/banning botters.

- Do something about the Every Man For Himself racial so people will stop bitching about it. Make it baseline and give Humans something else.

- More interesting choices when it comes to professions (talking things like how a blacksmith could be an armorsmith or weaponsmith and make different things based on which one).

- More frequent updates on the game world in general. Exodar should be flying now, it shouldn't have taken an entire expansion to fix the damage Deathwing did to Stormwind, etc.

I like the game as it is and am not complaining at all, but the above would certainly make it more fun for me.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-27 at 05:17 PM.

Have a mass scale/monumental BG or phased area - similar to what they're doing in the pre-patch event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep doing what they're doing will give me continued excitement. What can I say? I'm a simple guy.