Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Make flying the default movement.

Give away epics for free at the gates of Stormwind city.

Nerf all existing and upcoming raid bosses by 350% across the board.

Reduce button bloat even more and make the classes perform well with 3 buttons maximum.

Make lots and lots of pretty pets and mounts for the ingame store. Preferably at the cost of a raid tier.

Make a hint text in the loading screen: "The snowflake has melted!"

Warlords of Draenor.

The game is almost 10 years old, as in on PC. Each new expansion should be $9.99 brand new, and the monthly fee reduced to $4.99 a month. Sorry, no 10 year old game is worth $50 for DLC and $15 a month to keep playing, no matter how much content it has. I bought Mass Effect 3 for $5, it gives me more multiplayer fun than WoW ever did. This day and age, as a PC gamer, it's impossible to justify spending $50 for nothing but DLC, when I could use that $50 and buy at least 10 AAA games on sale. Even on consoles, in this past week, I've bought 3 massive games for $12, that will provide 100+ hours of gameplay, and more since they feature multiple characters to level up, different storylines, and endless multiplayer due to PvP.

It's 2014, not 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's called a subscription fee.
    I don't think they would ever have another 14month content gap if they changed to paying for each patch rather than for each month :S

Lowered cost: WoD is currently not worth $50 after player beta.
    Reinstate flying at max level.
    Stop selling flying mounts if your not going to let players fly at max level in current content.
    Come up with a better story than the time travel, alternate universe, pocket dimension crap we're getting now.
    Actually do what they promote and sell their pre-orders on.
    Release a product that is finished and not partial completions. (updated models come to mind - Sorry for those that got left out)
    If your going to promote WOW - How about "F"ing promote both sides in your cinematic. No matter how good they are, if you can't promote the groups saving the world then I can't be bothered to care about it.
    and then theirs the terrible time travel, alternate universe, pocket dimension story crap.... Oh wait, I did that one already.

Deleted
    I played WoW from 2005 and quit before Cataclysm came out which was in 2010. My online time was something like 1 year played before I finally quit.

The reason I quit was because I had gotten tired of the same old routine (grinding the same instance for 1 year in a row) and another expansion just made me go "augh, not this again" so I threw in the towel and this was somebody who had no life and didn't miss a single raid in 3 years with the same guild. I guess what I really lost was the love I had for WoW when I first started played the game back in Vanilla and all the way through the Burning Crusade expansion. WOTLK just didn't have any exciting or challenging content and what was "challenging" was the bosses would put a random debuff on one-three different players and you had to rely on them to not be retarded. Any hopes of actually coming back is long gone because my old raiding guild disbanded and that includes all the people I had been friends for years.

I honestly don't have an answer that would make me want to come back after I already put 5 years of my time and life into WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they're doing a good job on keeping me happy with WoW but as far as being "excited" goes, I've been playing for so long now that I'm at the point where I just look forward to new expansions. I'm not super hype about an expansion like "OMFG I CAN'T WAIT!" I'm more like "oh cool, this looks awesome!". Actually come to think about it, I don't think I was ever truly excited for an expansion and I've been playing since classic WoW in 2006. I mean I love the Warcraft universe but I guess I'm not THAT much of a fan to get super excited about new WoW expansions.

Hm, as far as what would get me excited about WoW, I really don't know. Only things I can think of are little things like more customization options to our characters like different voices, sub races (brown orcs, dark iron dwarves, leper gnomes), changing your height and muscle mass, and more facial features like warpaint, scars, and piercings. Also I'd like to see more physics in the game, I think that would be cool. They did it for those monk belts with those little tassles on it. Making the armor look like armor would be nice too like making the chest thicker like they did with the leg armor so it doesn't just look like spandex. I just ask Blizzard to keep putting in the hard work that they do and continue pumping out awesome expansions.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They also wouldn't have a playerbase. Nobody wants to pay for each content patch - Especially considering all the bitching they're getting for the sub fee and the $10 price increase of WoD. The horror!

If they charged for each content patch the same price they charged for the sub fee, WoD would be at... $15 x 14 months = $210 dollars. And that's just for SoO. The whole of MoP would be $390. In $15 increments, it's very managable. In a lump sum, it's a stupid ass price to pay.
    Your subscription fee guarantees you access to the servers and maintenance (bug fixes, server upkeep, etc.), it does not guarantee you new patch content.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    cos atm, for me in wow, it's past it, so much stuff i realy want, but not even a hope of having it, because it will take too long, what sort of things would you expect from having more people onboard?
    WoW is actually a fairly decent game.

It's got a nicely developed art style. Good music. Balanced, polished gameplay.

But if you want me to get truly excited about WoW again....

Blizzard needs to pay more attention to the story. It needs to develop both factions, and allow both to grow, develop, progress. It needs to worry less about balance where gameplay isn't affected. It needs to take the stories it has and run with them.

There needs to be wins and losses, drama and tragedy.

Because I can get good graphics and polished gameplay elsewhere. But it was the stories and characters of WoW that drew me to the game. To find out what happened to Illidan, to Arthas, to Sylvanas.

The game doesn't have that anymore. And Blizzards inability to craft a decent storyline is draining a lot of the fun and excitement from the game. For me and others...not everyone, but I think the story they have, they lack of consequences, the lack of impact, their unwillingness to progress the stories they have, their willingness to leave dangling plot hooks for years, their very forced characterisations....all this hurts the story and it makes WOW dull.

Fix the story. Give us characters we can care about.

1. sub-races - as ane xpansion feature and more added every patch
    It's wanted...I'm not sure how viable it woudl be.

2. A new pair of races each patch
    Not necssary per se, but I think WoD has shown that something along these lines is required.

3. Another revamp of the old world
    The world needs reevamped. And I'd love to do a major one - the one they should have done with Cataclysm, but incorporating the lessons learnt since.

1: Updated the graphics
    2: Make each zone larger - then merge several of them into one.
    3: Make the content denser, but leave room for future additions.
    4: Set the year 0 as Vanilla. Varian is missing, Rend rules Blackrock, the Draenei crash...
    5: Use the Vanilla stories, but update, improve and streamline them.
    6: Use phasing to show the changes in the world and to move between Xpacs.
    7: Restore the Worgen-Forsaken war.

8, Much faster expansions
    Faster expansions would be OK...but not really necessary. Blizzard simply needs to pave things better.

9. Updated old zones every patch - i.e. you take like 3 zones, and write a new story developement that continues the story, complete with progressive phasing, every patch focuses on 3 zones, so slowly but surely everywhere gets a story continuation - this is in addition to the developments of the expansion on the expansion continent.
    Yep

EJL

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.)Remove LFR
    2.)Give bonuses for getting a 5man group together and zoning in to the dungeon without the dungeon finder
    3.)Limit flying to short durations (think fatigue)
    4.)Make crafting more intricate - I'm so tired of patterns that just take 5 leather and nothing else; no thread, no feathers, no teeth, nothing interesting.
    5.)Bring back difficult 5man dungeons in the progression cycle and add new ones at least twice during an expac
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Pirate ship battles!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A PvE server for each previous expansion might get me interested, but probably not for more than a few months or so.
    I think my ability to properly invest time in playing an MMO has just faded however, and to be honest, few games hold my attention nowadays, perhaps I'm just growing old.

old god related expansion, no bullshit legendary cloak or ring that takes ages and is mandatory for endgame raiding, no cloak on alt = ur useless, advanced class mechanics,
    no useless screaming like garrosh/gromm does to cater to kids because they are badasses if they scream, balance between classes, no obvious pop culture references, 1 raid difficulty ( you can't kill 1st boss? Np L2P try again instead of lowering difficulty)

Sell an expansion that can actually be called an expansion instead of a patch?

1. New Classes - Playing new classes is always fun. I had a good time running through them all the first go around.
    2. Advance the Story - Move the story forward, not sideways in some alternate timeline. The Burning Legion is coming, we know it.

That's pretty much it for me. Models do nothing for me, revamped zones are ok the first time through. More story is always the best option for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be short:

Keep multiple tiers of content at once possible (like the times many still famed t4 content while t5 and t6 were for more geared ones, yet you could join t6 raid in less than half t5 gear) - that is - smaller ilvl interval between tiers.
    One 3 day cooldown Raid of average difficulty (ZA original)
    At least 10-12 awesome 5man Heroics with at least Cata level difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Raid & PvP content that is good, unique and fresh.
    2. Difficult 5man content, that is updated.
    3. More cinematic story telling with voice acting.
    Hi

Storyline is the #1 draw for me. I figured this out when Cata was released, and the pure engrossment I felt playing in BC and especially Wrath drained out of me. Even quit for a while because I couldn't give a crap about Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer. MoP was better by far story-wise than Cata but it just didn't advance the overall storyline nearly as much as I'd wanted. And WoD... time travel to fight AU versions of Grom and the other orcs? REALLY, Blizz?? Hire new writers NOW.

Bring back hit, expertise, dodge cap, etc. Come on! It has never been hard to work with secondary stats... do we really need to dumb the game down THIS much?

Do not withhold new content for months upon months at a time. I would think that would be a no-brainer but apparently not.

More character customization would be nice (like Wildhammer Dwarves as an option for Dwarves etc.) but it isn't as important to me as the other stuff.

1. Remove flying for current content (completely removed during wod, reintroduced in the next expansion for altleveling-convenience)
    2. Remove LFR or turn it into a full spectator mode. No one should be forced to run it to meet a gear req (already seems to happen in wod, at least they head in the right direction)
    3. Bring back attunements, but not the frustrating TBC kind. I loved it back then, but I realise that the system sucked for newcomers. Think of a lore-heavy quest introducing you to the raid and why you are there. Preferably baked into a dungeon like in Vanilla. Possibly account wide.
    4. Add extremely hard achievements in PVE, similar to Algalon or the Tribute runs. Remove them after the tier is outdated (basically an equivalent to the top arena brackets)
    5. More class quests. The Warlock Green Fire Q Line is amazing and a lot of people liked it. I'm happy that they don't disregard them completely (like they originally planned)
    6. The option to run an old raid like it was back then, at least to a degree. Similiar to the new Molten Core. Nothing super fancy that needs to be tuned to please everyone, just something fun you can do with your guild on offdays or when the current content gets stale. Addd some unique rewards or an increased droprate in general (think transmog / vanity run on crack)

Apart from that I think Wod does look not too bad already...

1. Flying at max level and stop screwing around with flying. Blizzard has been experimenting with no flying with current content since The Molten Front.

2. Wrath of the Lich King 2.0.

Big continent, gear acquisition, an end boss that taunts us the whole expansion, good story, zone like Wintergrasp, Vault of Archavon replacement, Tome of Cold weather flight I can send to my alts because it's stupid to suffer twice. Less grindy. Less dailies. Lots of dungeons. Good catch up mechanisms. Valor and justice badges that are worth something.

I can go on explaining why it would be beneficial for Blizzard to go back to their most successful expansion, instead of their shit mistakes they starting making with Halls of Reflection > into Cataclysm > into an expansion so ridiculous Blizzard had to spend more time convincing us it's not a joke than explaining about the expansion itself (MoP) > we will release it, even though it's not ready (WoD).
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-08-18 at 08:01 PM.