Difference between Orc and Troll warlock

Hello there warlocks out there,
    As stated in the title, I need to know if there's so much difference between Orcs and Trolls as a warlock. I know trolls are the king now, with higher burst output, but is the difference so big? I'm 583 troll warlock now, but actually I love orcs more, and was thinking of changing race, but had this concern. Orcs have increased pet damage and spell power buff on 2 mins cooldown, which is a bit compensating for the 20% haste buff.

I know in WoD Berserking will be nerfed, but so will Command.

I play Affliction mostly with some bosses on Destro, what are your thoughts guys?

Deleted
    Stay troll if you are Affliction, and if you care about min maxing.

The fact that you are here asking this question leads me to believe that you are not such a person, and personally I think you should swap to orc if it makes you happier.

Here is how I look at it... Yes the troll racial is amazing for aff locks but its on a 3 min cd. Orc racial is very strong also and is on a 2 min cd and it lines up with your otehr burst better. So basically as a troll you are only going to be doing insane dmg every 3 min where as a orc its every 2 (racial wise) I use to be a troll all I do is arena. I switched to orc like two months ago and I am not missing it. But really its all up to you. Both are great classes for pve/pvp so choose the one you like the best.

With all the nerfs Orc and Troll are getting and the change away from snapshotting, Goblin, Undead and Belf will all likely sim out better/the same as Orc and Troll do now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    With all the nerfs Orc and Troll are getting and the change away from snapshotting, Goblin, Undead and Belf will all likely sim out better/the same as Orc and Troll do now.
    Change away from snapshotting does not change the fact that you can line up Troll/Orc racials with class CDs such as Dark Soul as well as using them in Metamorphosis, which probably will make active racials more powerful than passive racials granted they give the same bonus on average.

Thanks a lot for your replies. I've decided to stay troll for the remainder of the xpac, then change race when WoD arrives. From the looks of it, which class do you expect to provide the higher benefit for locks?

Orc in WoD
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Orcs. because everything looks better on orcs, also you can take blood elves and wear pretty dresses

I imagine once the numbers come in racials will be within a hair of each other. So much so that besides a patchwerk fight I can't imagine anyone gaining a meaningful advantage overall in the longrun. My warlock will be an orc no doubt.

fuck both, go forsaken!

join the ranks, you know you want to
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    fuck both, go forsaken!

join the ranks, you know you want to

- Is in the Forsaken "ranks"
    - Has picture of Gul'dan for avatar

Deleted
    I'd encourage anyone to play whatever they like the most in regards to visual aspects and perhaps lore, as it's highly unlikely (not impossible however) that the choice of race will be the bottleneck of your performance. I would play an Orc any day if I could, stuck with Alliance races for now unfortunately!

Thanks for all your inputs, been really helpful. I'll be changing to Orc when WoD arrives.

Troll makes it look cool, mon!

troll's Regeneration racial is somewhat significant healing in my 585 gear (scales with haste so the value will vary for your character): 0.1578% of maximum HP per second (in combat).
    Last edited by Mokrengar; 2014-09-05 at 02:03 PM. Reason: clarified units from "HP/s" to "maximum HP per second"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokrengar View Post
    troll's Regeneration racial is somewhat significant healing in my 585 gear (scales with haste so the value will vary for your character): 0.1578% of maximum HP per second (in combat).
    This reminds the top comment in wowhead. Regeneration

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rohkemdote View Post
    Wow, that's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by rohkemdote View Post
    That's really stunning!