Page 1 of 3
LastLast

green fire warlock quest

Anyone able to help me out?
    I am using macros

But the first and the second felhunter phase ruin it all for me.

Anyone has any tips?

maybe macros you used?

I realy want the green fire but i just cant do this quest

wait till wod do it then

when the fel hunters come in, you should move your pit lord behind the portal outta their line of sight, and try to chaos bolt them down asap....you need to take them out without his help...or they'll eat the enslave

I actually "just" got this done last night.
    My stats: ilevel 498, 25k spell power, 45% mastery, ~485k health
    The key for me was a purification potion - recommended by folks on this forum - got rid of the curse of doom, so I didn't have to rush.
    Primary trick - keep yourself dispelled, and use your soul shatter when it is getting rough.
    Order:
    sacrifice imp for singe magic
    summon health stone
    set portal and gateway by LoS pillar.
    Battle starts ...
    set boss to focus target
    - dps boss with curse, immo, conflag x 2 - 6 incin, immo, conflag, 3 incin

boss - summons pit lord

- use howl of terror (to insta - fear pit lord and get an extra 20s of dps on boss)
    fear wears off, enslave pit lord and send him on boss. By now you should have 4 full embers, when the boss tries to cast his first doom curse, use conflag, pit lord stun + chaos bolt ... if he cast a dot on you, use your dispel, if he cast 2 use the pit lord breath.

boss - summons imps

move behind the pit lord and cast and keep up rain of fire, when the boss is finished summoning imps, use conflag twice, pit lord stun + breath (should take care of all imps because of stun hitting all of them and 2x dmg breath + rof) cast chaos bolt while boss is stunned.

Boss - casts chaos bolt

- use portal to LoS, check for dispels if needed, use health stone if needed, use pit lord heal if needed.
    When you come back out after the chaos bolt dodge, the boss is about to cast cataclysm, you will want to make sure you have any trinket / dps cool downs ready ... make sure you are dispelled ... use conflag twice, use dps cds, cast chaos bolt, and then half way thru the cast, use the pit lord stun (cataclysm will be about 75% finished casting) - this should let you get off 2 fully buffed chaos bolts for lovely damage.

boss - will try to dot you up a little more, keep dispelling, and use pit lord breath as needed, use the pit lord heal to top yourself off at this point. After maybe 10 or 15 seconds after the cataclysm, move the pit lord to the left of the portal, because the boss is about to summon felhounds.
    When he channels the felhound summon use your soul shatter (so boss attacks pit lord after he is done summoning the felhounds) - keep Rain of Fire on the portal so you get all the agro, and put Havoc on the first one, and target the second, then wait ... this is important ... wait for all 3 felhounds to group up on you, then start casting your chaos bolt on the 2nd, and then use the pitlord charge on the felhounds. The charge will stun all 3 hounds right before your chaos bolt hits - killing 2 of them instantly. You switch to the 3rd quickly, use conflag x 2 and felflame (trying to get damage in during the stun to take advantage of the dmg bonus) and finish it off with shadowburn to try to get some embers.

Now - if you have done this all correctly, the boss should be agro'd onto your pet, and you should have a little breathing room. You shouldn't have any dots on you (because you were doing what I told you and either dispelling yourself, or using the pit lord breath right?) and you have a little time to breath, make sure you refresh curse of elements and immolate now.

Boss - chaos bolt

- use your portal, and then recast it (it only has a 6m duration)
    again make sure you are dispelling yourself and keep casting incinerates on the boss

Boss - cataclysm

- use all your dps cooldowns again, 2 x conflag, start casting chaos bolt, and then use pitlord stun half way thru so you get 2 chaos bolts in during the stun duration (because of the spell haste from conflags)

Boss - summons doom guard

- while he is summoning the doom guard, use this moment to dismiss the pit lord and re-enslave, making sure that you dispel yourself or use the breath / heal as needed. At this time, you have options, you can either have the pitlord engage the doom guard when he comes out, or you can banish it. If the boss is pretty low and you think you can finish him in the next rotation or two, go ahead and banish, but I recommend sending the pit lord onto the doom guard, for a couple of whacks (and if the pit lord heals you, that's even better) and then back on the boss.

The boss will repeat the cycle of summoning imps, felhounds and doom guard, along with chaos bolts and cataclysms. If he gets to summong the 2nd doom guard, make sure you dismiss and re-enslave the pitlord again, and then use soul shatter while you send him back onto the 1st doom guard, waiting for the 2nd doom guard to show up before you use the pit lord heal, to get agro from the 2nd doom guard. As long as you keep dispelling yourself, using the pit lord stun like I have described and using soulshatter before the felhounds and dealing with them as described - you can do this!

When you get the boss to 20%, you need to look at a few things ... if you have almost no time left on your doom curse, use your potion, if it has been dicey, use a soulstone on yourself (just in case) as if you die, your freshly re-enslaved pit lord can and will finish the boss off for you, as after the 2nd doom guard, the boss only summons imps and they do close to nothing to the pit lord.

I only had a 6200 spell power weapon for this nonsense, and 45% mastery. It is a technical fight, but doable if you can stay focused and follow all the mechanics.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Quiett; 2014-08-19 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slagathor1995 View Post
    wait till wod do it then
    don't, you won't get title then..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    don't, you won't get title then..
    What title? Thought it's just a feat if you do it before WoD.

I did the quest yesterday: ilvl 521, 12 tries, 145k dps.

Most guides are way too complicated. With ilvl 520, which is obtainable in 1-2 weeks after hitting 90, you can easily kill him before the 2nd felhound phase.

Dispelling yourself, managing your Pitlord while dodging Chaos Bolts are the top priorities.

Deleted
    Just did this with my little brother's warlock, with around 500 ilvl and had never played this class before. There's a lot of thing that you have to get confortable with, but none of them is hard on its own. I did this as destro, that looks the easier because you can heal yourself for a good amount. Few tips I can give to you:
    - Do not panic, it's the main key here, everything is always coming in the same order and remember to keep in mind why you wiped last try
    - Spam the devour magic spell whenever it's available. Doing this + getting out of rains of fire will almost reduce incoming damage from the boss to 0.
    - I used 3 healing glyphs (siphon life, healthstone and connexion), do not hesitate to always have a hot on yourself if you can easily beat the enrage (at 510+ it shouldnt be a major problem).
    - Refresh your circle everytime you use it, wiping because you didn't is REALLY annoying
    - Bind your "move pet" button and place your pitlord really far when felhound are coming. Spend as much CD (off & def ones) as necessary if you're struggling on this phase, that's really the only hard part. Also try to bind charge, attack and the green breath of the pitlord, as fryya said managing it is really important.
    - When the doomguard comes in, get your Pitlord getting aggro on it, then get it back on the boss. It's way easier than bannishing/fearing it every so.
    - If you have a fel imp wave under 20%, you can just spam shadowburn on the boss he will die within 20sec max

I didnt use any macro, just re-binding pet controls (ctrl+Fx is not confortable) . Making few that can help targeting things (boss, doomgard and pitlord) might help I don't know. Good luck with your quest, don't give up it's a fun challenge
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-08-20 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    You get "(name) Of The Black Harvest" if you complete the quest before WoD.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Just did this with my little brother's warlock, with around 500 ilvl and had never played this class before...

tbh i think this is bs. "I never played wlock and i got this at 500ilvl"

yeah... no...

Here is what i did for the Fel Hunters: Banish the first one that comes out of the portal, Havoc the second one, and when the third one comes in shadowfury both of them, then pop Dark Soul and Chaos Bolt the third one. Finish them off, banish the first one again to remove the Banish effect, then nuke him down aswell. If done correctly it should give you no problems. I found this to be better than Mortal Coil healing as it gives a bit more control, which at lower itemlevels is what you should be aiming for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Place your pitlord in the pit ( the los corner )
    -Boss starts summoning Fel hunters > Cast Shadowfury on them followed by Inferno, this will keep them double stunned and should give you more than enough time to havoc and take them down in whatever fashion you like, if thats not enough you can even aoe fear them and then shadowfury again.
    Tip: Pop defensive cds when felhunters spawn, you're usually heavily dotted up by then and this will give you more time to focus on solely killing the felhunters.
    Tip 2: I've also noticed there seems to be a ..... ''Trick'' with soul stone. If you die with a soul stone on the boss does not reset, this means if you fail you can quickly rezz up ( clear of debufs ) and spam your /tar pit /cast enslave demon macro and roll back into the fight. ( We're warlocks if you're not abusing spells you're doing it wrong )
    Last edited by Oraj; 2014-08-22 at 03:56 AM.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slagathor1995 View Post
    wait till wod do it then
    But then you miss out on the uber cool title!

Icyveins.com has a video, written strat and all macros you need.
    I found it on google by typing in Green Fire Quest Help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    technically you are correct, it is just a Feat, as no other class in the game can achieve it. so in the interest of fairness, it cant award points. but as stated you do get a neat title for completing it before 6.0, usable only on warlocks created on your account. yes even other warlocks you create later (should you want to) can use the title, but none of your other classes can.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Tried this tonight as a 535 wlock. Wiped 50 times. Gave up after 7 hours.

Get to 560-ish, it's a faceroll then, only took 3 tries.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    when the fel hunters come in, you should move your pit lord behind the portal outta their line of sight, and try to chaos bolt them down asap....you need to take them out without his help...or they'll eat the enslave
    This tip is really good. Its what finally sealed my victory at ilvl 523 and 85k dps for the fight. Right when he goes to summon the fel hunters, move the pit lord behind the portal and soul shatter. The soul shatter must be done as he is going to summon them, not after they come out! The reason for the Soul shatter is so that after he summons them "K" focuses on ur pitlord standing in the corner vs u.

First fel hunter comes out, cast Havoc i think it is, on it, target the 2nd felhunter chaos bolt so it hits both felhunters with CD's it may just kill them. Shadowfury all three of them, and shadow burn the two weak ones if able and burn the other normally, get back on the boss. Take your time and don't panic. use your embers to heal urself if needed. and yes soul stone your self if you think you are close to getting it just in case.

OH, don't forget at some point to release and re enslave your pit lord. I prefere to do with right after a stun, yes its a DPS loss but its safer.

good luck!! i'm sure it took me over 100 tries! and its the hardest solo thing i've done in wow... and that goes back to getting benediction in vanilla!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I wonder, why, when I was completing this quest with my warlock alt, boss didn't spam chaos bolts at me? He was throwing them at enslaved pitlord mostly...
    Did it in ~500 ilvl, took a good 2,5+ hours of wipes to kill him.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this for my gf on her ilevel 514 destro lock a month ago, took me 5 hours. I had never played the class at 90 before this.

Just recently got my own warlock the fire as well, 520 ilevel, got it on the first go before the second fel hunter phase.

It's really all about timing and just managing the mechanics it throws at you, which aren't too bad once you figure them out via experience or guides.

Take a break for a couple of days then get back on it. It gets A LOT easier as you learn the fight.

Play style does not matter, you can win this fight as either a button masher, clicker or hybrid of both. Your best bet is to go with the play style that you are already used to.

One thing that helped me was to fear the Pit Lord when he spawned and then enslave once it wore off. This delays Kanrethad's entry into the fight by a little longer and you will get more initial dps time on the boss.

Deleted
    tbh i think this is bs. "I never played wlock and i got this at 500ilvl"

yeah... no...
    If he put in some solid hours of practise .. why not?

Concentration and execution are the center of this encounter. Doing it so many times straight is not advised.

I did my 12 tries over 2 evenings. 2 on the first one, was late, called it a night. 9 on the 2nd day afternoon, took a break for dinner and then did it on the first try after the break.
    Most of my wipes were due to lack of concentration: overlooked a choas bolt; portet to LoS the CB, but run out too early; used the stun badly so I could not rupt the Cataclysm; miss-clicked stun/heal; soul stoned, but forgot to recast the portal, etc

Some of the hints, while working for you, still seem overly complicated.

Felhound dispell is cone attack, so aggro them while they spawn and you don't have to move the pitlord far away, just bit behind the boss.
    With 520+ ilvls you don't have to reenslave and you can easily kill the boss before the 2nd felhound phase.

Set the boss as your focus target, so you can always see what he is casting.