Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    This chart has been linked already about 3576213489723 times in various MMOC threads and is based on official numbers released by Blizzard. 2010 is the year when they stopped announcing west and east numbers separately.

    You can shove it up your arse after taking a look.
    There's no need for aggression, grow up

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    This chart has been linked already about 3576213489723 times in various MMOC threads and is based on official numbers released by Blizzard. 2010 is the year when they stopped announcing west and east numbers separately.

    You can shove it up your arse after taking a look.
    That chart is not based on official numbers. They stopped giving a break down of regions around 2008, if memory serves, everything after that is pure guess work especially seeing as Blizzard did not release any sub figures for the majority of Wrath.

  3. #23
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    At its peak, WOW was 50-50 so 6 million east, 6 million west. Since Cata, almost ever time they lost significant numbers, they said it was mostly, or álmost entirely´ from the east. I wouldn´t be surprised it is it was like 5 - 2 right now. Earnings have barely fallen at all, and despite the sub losses, wow has greatly increased their team, not something you would do if you were actually losing a lot of revenue.

    When you listen to the conference calls, you never get the feeling that they are worried about the sub losses. I personally think Kotick, as well as many other CEOs are learning that the hassle of dealing with China, the low rates they pay, maybe are not worth it for some business models. Maybe after that huge legal battle with WOTLK and all the hassle that went with that, they just said ´screw it´.
    That is my logic as well.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    At its peak, WOW was 50-50 so 6 million east, 6 million west. Since Cata, almost ever time they lost significant numbers, they said it was mostly, or álmost entirely´ from the east. I wouldn´t be surprised it is it was like 5 - 2 right now. Earnings have barely fallen at all, and despite the sub losses, wow has greatly increased their team, not something you would do if you were actually losing a lot of revenue.

    When you listen to the conference calls, you never get the feeling that they are worried about the sub losses. I personally think Kotick, as well as many other CEOs are learning that the hassle of dealing with China, the low rates they pay, maybe are not worth it for some business models. Maybe after that huge legal battle with WOTLK and all the hassle that went with that, they just said ´screw it´.
    None of what you have written has much basis in fact. Blizzard have never said that the populations were equally split. Nor have the said outside of a few earnings calls that the loses are "almost entirely" from the east. Earnings have fallen dramatically despite your repeated claims to the contrary.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Blizzard have never said that the populations were equally split.
    Last time Blizzard published the numbers those were pretty close to equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Nor have the said outside of a few earnings calls that the loses are "almost entirely" from the east.
    And those few earnings calls is the source of numbers we have. In last three big drops the wording has been "mostly from east". That would also make sense because people play very different MMORPGs in west and east, and western games have never done well in east.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Earnings have fallen dramatically despite your repeated claims to the contrary.
    And yet Blizzard's profits are up in the quarterly reports. Something's not adding up... probably you.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Last time Blizzard published the numbers those were pretty close to equal.
    No they weren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    And those few earnings calls is the source of numbers we have. In last three big drops the wording has been "mostly from east". That would also make sense because people play very different MMORPGs in west and east, and western games have never done well in east.
    They have said in some earnings calls that the loses are mostly from the east in others they have said nothing this does not prove what you are saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    And yet Blizzard's profits are up in the quarterly reports. Something's not adding up... probably you.
    They are? Perhaps you could direct me to where this is reported?

  7. #27
    The Patient Reckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They are? Perhaps you could direct me to where this is reported?
    The Q2 results are here. And the Q1 results are here. If you want to browse others or the actual filings then go here.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Go dig the quarterly reports if you want. It was said along with sub numbers annoucement somewhere in WLK after the chinese realms got back up again.
    You make it sound so easy to find them, so do it yourself. You know how it works on the internet.
    Easy to claim things. Easy to claim proof exists. But when requests for proof to something claimed for a fact are evaded with typical excuses and unclear mumbling like yours, we all know it's usually a lie or there is a big twist to it.

    And what exactly is 'pretty much even'? If that are the real words. If it was really said. It could be 45:55 if they find that to be pretty much even, how would you know that it is 50:50? If it was 50:50 they would have certainly just said its even.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    This chart has been linked already about 3576213489723 times in various MMOC threads and is based on official numbers released by Blizzard. 2010 is the year when they stopped announcing west and east numbers separately.

    You can shove it up your arse after taking a look.
    This chart is 'pretty much' not based on official numbers like you claim it, but invented numbers from some guy on the internet with no background. Certainly you should have known this after all it has been debunked 3576213489723 times every time some linked them in MMOC threads. Maybe your should take a look at the things you try to shove up peoples 'arses' before making a fool of yourself.

    Now how comes you resist so much to provide the sources you have been asked for?

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Last time Blizzard published the numbers those were pretty close to equal.

    And those few earnings calls is the source of numbers we have. In last three big drops the wording has been "mostly from east". That would also make sense because people play very different MMORPGs in west and east, and western games have never done well in east.

    And yet Blizzard's profits are up in the quarterly reports. Something's not adding up... probably you.
    So you have been refering to the last distribution revealed by Blizzard? Meaning you try to obfuscate the official distribution of 45:55 and discrepancy of 1 Millon accounts before the peak with your paraphrasing to 'pretty much equal' to defend the claims about a 50:50 distribution at the peak against people who question these invented numbers because they know the official ones? Now that is very dishonest.

    Azrile claimed 'every time' in the beginning and that was denied by Pann because it is untrue. Now you say for 'the last three big drops' like as if that makes up for it.That is no argument. You guys are just cooking up and inventing facts to bend the numbers and the only thing going on until now is people catching on to it.

    He talks about WoWs earnings. You jump to Blizzards entire profits. The is no contradiction with his argument and the profits don't help yours. It is your intellectual dishonesty that prevents the number to add up in your arguments.
    Last edited by Conscience; 2014-08-17 at 09:21 AM.

  9. #29
    I'd guess 2-4 million. China and Korea don't pay for expacs. WoD has 2 million prepurchases, so assuming at least half of the western playerbase pre-purchased, that leaves 3 of the ~7 million figure unaccounted for.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You make it sound so easy to find them, so do it yourself. You know how it works on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Now how comes you resist so much to provide the sources you have been asked for?
    Because posting http://lmgtfy.com/ links is against the forum rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    And what exactly is 'pretty much even'? If that are the real words. If it was really said. It could be 45:55 if they find that to be pretty much even, how would you know that it is 50:50? If it was 50:50 they would have certainly just said its even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    So you are refering to the last distribution revealed by Blizzard now? So your are trying to obfuscate the official distribution of 45:55
    45:55 is still "pretty much equal" to all except the most anal-retentive nitpickers. I see your post proved you to be one at least half-dozen times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    This chart is 'pretty much' not based on official numbers like you claim it, but invented numbers from some guy on the internet with no background. Certainly you should have known this after all it has been debunked 3576213489723 times every time some linked them in MMOC threads.
    It's the best info there is to work with and the projected numbers seem realistic. And it has not been debunked 3576213489723 times either, what has been debunked is the wild claims that most sub losses would be from this or that region because Blizzard didn't release that info until MoP when they said most sub losses are from east.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You claimed 'all' in the beginning. Now it is 'the last three big drops'.
    Where exactly I said "all"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    He talks about WoWs earnings. Now you jump to Blizzards entire profits.
    Again it's the only number we have to work with. And it irrefutably contradicts any and all claims that the falling subs is hurting Blizzard financially.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Because posting http://lmgtfy.com/ links is against the forum rules.
    We can settle it at you have no proof and just inventing things then? Why not say so from the beginning and make suggestions where they are to find?

    Considering you already admitted 'pretty much equal' do not prove that it was the 50:50 distribution you defended like an obvious fact, no one needs proof for these quotes anymore anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    45:55 is still "pretty much equal" to all except the most anal-retentive nitpickers. I see your post proved you to be one at least half-dozen times.
    So why are you so nitpicky when someone says its not pretty much equal? Why are you so nitpicky when someone ask for a real source that makes a 50:50 out of the last official 45:55? Why are you still so nitpicky to attack everyone now that the questioning of the numbers and supposed quotes from Blizzard all proved to be valid and the numbers and quotes where in fact all incorrect or unproven inventions?

    I see where you are comming from.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    It's the best info there is to work with and the projected numbers seem realistic. And it has not been debunked 3576213489723 times either, what has been debunked is the wild claims that most sub losses would be from this or that region because Blizzard didn't release that info until MoP when they said most sub losses are from east.
    By best info and realistic you mean the best that fits your argument?
    Of course it has been debunked. The website you pulled the chart from it self says it is adding its own estimates. And everyone just like you was caught omitting that fact. You even admit yourself now that is is not official numbers and just the best you can get your hand on, after first lying and claiming it is all official numbers. How can you at the same time insist its not debunked?

    Even if it is the best you have how does that justify lying about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Where exactly I said "all"?
    I corrected that, meant Azrile not you saying 'every'. Does not change the fact you are overly defensive over people correcting his numbers and claims, you defended like a fact only to resort to personal attacks when they debunk your supportive 'arguments' as lies and inventions. It does not matter who's numbers you try to justify and defend with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Again it's the only number we have to work with. And it irrefutably contradicts any and all claims that the falling subs is hurting Blizzard financially.
    Just because it is the only numbers we have, does not mean you can change them as you please, invent numbes and fact and any your stupid arguments makes sense.

    First it does not irrefutably contradict what you just brought up. Blizzards profits are not only made of WoW earnings. But no one even has claimed that anyways here. The WoW sales where mentioned to contradict constant claims from Azrile that WoW sales have not dropped for long time. Fact is they did. No one talked about Blizzards overal performance and profitabiity. Read what you respond to and do not respond if you do not understand what you are talking about. You are moving from intellectual dishonest arguments to just pure nonsense now.
    Last edited by Conscience; 2014-08-17 at 10:13 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Really? Because i've been seeing server communities die and shrink so much that Blizzard has had to add CRZ and then eventually merge them.

    I'd say the west has lost a significant number of subs
    Well there is also players moving to more active realms.The low pop realms might have higher losses due to a players preference to quit over doing a realm transfer. Then there are those who do transfer to more active realms making it a bit of a double blow to those realms and those would likely be the more active players who are transferring. The kinds of things that keep realms feeling alive in part comes from active players searching for groups and being interactive in the real community in general. Raid population themselves are a small part of a realm so it doesnt take much losses to see a hit. When you also dont have to participate within the realm you are going to have less players interact with the realm. Even high population realms are not as busy as they once was or at least that is how my high pop feels even when there is a login queue.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-17 at 10:59 AM.

  13. #33
    It should have dropped significantly.

    WOW in both KR and TW is pretty much close to dead (9 servers, 8 servers remaining), and I think in CN they merged like half of their servers or something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •