15+ Year Old Account

Buying a new Laptop for my wife

Hey folks,ever since I started playing PC's years ago, I've only ever worried about the gaming aspect. My wife needs a new laptop, she does a lot of music recording and instruction, she's already got all the software, just bought it at the beginning of the year, but the laptop is old, and getting slow. Half the time the sound cuts out, mouse track pad goes in and out, etc. For a laptop that will fit these needs, any laptop should work right? My budget is around $700, but of course will gladly spend less if I can get something that will work well for her.

THanks for the input
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't sound like she needs too powerful of a laptop, depending on the CPU load the music recording software she uses. If her current laptop is handling it well enough then anything should probably do and $700 is likely more than enough of a budget because it doesn't sound like she needs a machine with a dedicated GPU.

I had a link lined up from Newegg but since I haven't posted much I'm not allowed to post links yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose Everdeen View Post
    It doesn't sound like she needs too powerful of a laptop, depending on the CPU load the music recording software she uses. If her current laptop is handling it well enough then anything should probably do and $700 is likely more than enough of a budget because it doesn't sound like she needs a machine with a dedicated GPU.

I had a link lined up from Newegg but since I haven't posted much I'm not allowed to post links yet.
    Thanks for the reply. No worries, I can find one since I dont' have to worry about a GPU then. Maybe an i5?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD