Easy spell power weapon?

So after well, maybe 50 attempts at the green fire quest ... getting that punk down to 8-12% life 3 times and under 30% almost every time ... I just need more spell power to make it go.

It seems like I could potentially make it go ... given my close calls, but I have to perform so flawlessly that even a tiny miscalculation or lag = death.

SO ... on to my question - where do I pick up a spell power weapon better than the purchasable one from timeless isles?
    I have been runnin the SoO LFR but without a drop recently. Any advice aside from queuing back up and saving the warforged seals for garrosh?
    Thanks!

the purchasable weapon from the vendor in timeless isle is already much better than what alot of people had when they did it, myself included (463 blue dagger from heroic dungeons)

if you think you need even more, run heroic cenarios everyday, lfr tot, and lfr SoO, also, try to get a pug for flex, or maybe a pug for normal/heroic tot from Oqeue

Deleted
    If you don't already use it, a Purification Potion can remove the curse that kills you. Use it just before the curse expires and you get enough time to finish the fight. After the 2nd Doomguard, he will only summon imps.

I will try the purification potion. That is nice.
    I have seen video of people doing the quest with gear similar to mine - but not exactly. Plus the videos are 11+ mos. old, and the encounter doesn't play out the way it does in their videos.

This is likely the most complicated fight I have ever seen on this game, made more so due to the solo aspect, but I feel like it's doable - I think my issue is staying on top of the dispels. If whatever the debuff is that occasionally stuns me for half a second were avoided ... I think it would be past done. I can't tell you how many times I have had the boss at ~ 10% life and had my spell casts chain interrupted by that bloody stun.

I am sitting at around 25k spell power and ~ 45% mastery. I think the Serious vid from 11+ mos. ago has him @ 22k spell power and ~ 75% mastery.

Soooo close. I can taste it. When I finally get it done tho, there will be no james bond pithy remarks ... only a /spit followed by promptly leaving the area in disgust... prolly the most annoying task I have ever experienced in this game, and I have been playing since beta.

Deleted
    That fight can be beaten with a lot less gear. The reason ist that it is really more about executing it correctly without making mistakes and staying on top of everything. More Gear basically just gives you a little more room on the adds but mostly just makes the fight shorter, which leaves less time for you to make a mistake and die. So basically you can beat him, it just requires you to stay focused longer, which makes it more frustrating.

That aside, you mentioned saving your warforged seals for garrosh. Why garrosh? Do you think about those bind on account weapons? 1) those can't be obtained via bonus loot 2) they don't dropt on lfr at all, minimum difficulty is flex. So you'd be better off saving them for sha, spoils and siegecrafter if you want to get a better weapon. If you don't have the purified bindins of immerseus trinket yet: Use one coin on immerseus instead of spoils (since you'd still be missing a decent offhand), since the increased stats and crit damage will benefit you for chaos bolting him hard while he is stunned.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2014-08-18 at 03:04 PM.

I didn't know that the BoA weapons wouldn't drop in lfr, thanks for that info.
    Once I get home I am going to look at my reforges to see if I can reforge or regem mastery anywhere.
    I appreciate the advice!

Deleted
    If you can manage to find a group, for example using the ingame group finder, you could also give it a shot and do the first wing on flex, using the warforged seals on immerseus and sha there. The requirements for the first flex wing are really low, it's easy and fast and the 540 items are a lot better than the 528 one from lfr.

Deleted

PvP Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Quiett View Post
    I didn't know that the BoA weapons wouldn't drop in lfr, thanks for that info.
    Once I get home I am going to look at my reforges to see if I can reforge or regem mastery anywhere.
    I appreciate the advice!
    Spam BGs plus Tol Barad & Wintergrasp every time they're on and within a week (or less if you don't have to spend time with a pesky job/school) you could have the 522 iLvl Honor point PvP weapon, which would be a considerable boost to spell power...

That would be a good plan, but yes - job takes time, 3 kids (one plays wow too) take it up. Plus, I am a little old school - been playing since the beginning and I don't like have people carry me in pvp. Seems like I would just be a big liability with no other lvl 90 pvp gear ... I have stayed away from it because I don't want to show up and be a walking honor cow.

If I can't get 'er done tonight with the advise already provided - I will look into the pvp thing. I love pvp, but I know that at times the games are won or lost due to the actions or inactions of one person, I don't want to be that one slacker ;P

PvP weapon like above, however don't do PvP for honor. It's actually quicker and far less frustrating (for people who don't normally do PvP) to spam dungeons (even as a DPS with higher queue times) and convert JP.

Also kill the 3 Krasarang rares - each rare once a day - for about 275 (?) honor each, or 825 honor a day.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-08-18 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks sir, that actually sounds doable, without shaming myself and losing the BG for my team at the same time ... win/win.

I may do that even if I do manage to get this thing done tonight. When in LFR I almost never do better than 4 or 5 on the damage lists. I can only do around 80-100k and the lists have leaders doing 3-600k dps in the first 2 or 3 spots, and then dropping down to 120-180k ... then me, then people under me doing 40-70k dps. The gap is insane. Unbelieveable what 20 or 30 ilevel do to the hard #s.

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Who has 2 thumbs and got the green fire quest done on attempt #3 after regemming for mastery and using a purification potion? THIS GUY!!

The potion was the difference - I used it with 45 seconds left on the curse and killed him with 6 mins left on the 2nd curse. My ilevel was 498, 25k spell power 45% mastery. 458k health

I really appreciate all the advise and pointers fellas - really! Nicely played!

Deleted
    I will try the purification potion. That is nice.

This is likely the most complicated fight I have ever seen on this game, made more so due to the solo aspect, but I feel like it's doable - I think my issue is staying on top of the dispels. If whatever the debuff is that occasionally stuns me for half a second were avoided ... I think it would be past done. I can't tell you how many times I have had the boss at ~ 10% life and had my spell casts chain interrupted by that bloody stun.
    The debuff that causes it is the explosion from Seed of Corruption, it's a good idea to put the fel flame breath on one of your spells so you have to pay less attention to them, also for a better dps weapon you might want to try getting the grievous one.

Edit: Also grats

What is the grievous one? Is that the pvp staff? If so, that is in the works ... already up over 2k honor from swapping justice.

Well when I hit 90 on a new toon I always go for the 7250 honor mark, at which point 522 weapons become unlocked. For one I hate RNG for critical items like weapons but also spending a couple days in battlegrounds will let you learn so much more about your class than LFR or even flex, assuming you have a competitive spark.

Garrosh doesn't have a wpn you can use as a lock that you can use a coin to roll on. So if you are saving coins for that or thinking that is your plan of attack it is time to rethink things. The best he can give you is an off hand which doesn't help your spell power needs. Heroic scenarios will give you a 516 weapon, honor a 522 or you can do LFR/flex sha and blackfuse for one of the 2 staves.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    PvP weapon like above, however don't do PvP for honor. It's actually quicker and far less frustrating (for people who don't normally do PvP) to spam dungeons (even as a DPS with higher queue times) and convert JP.
    Or, do IoT and Venture Bay PvP dailies. With guild honor bonus and banner, you can unlock the honor weapon in about 9 days.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the grievous one? Is that the pvp staff? If so, that is in the works ... already up over 2k honor from swapping justice.
    For warlocks? Dagger probably better. You can buy the honor offhand immediately, btw (no need to earn 7250 honor first to unlock it).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"