Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    When I hear Daily Mail I don't expect the news to be nonexistant or made up, but I know enough about newspapers to detect a lot of news'warping' and my warp-o-meter often detects an over 9000 signal when reading the dm. I may or may not have expressed this the wrong way earlier in the thread.
    Fair enough! I heard about the story from a friend, did a quick search through Google to verify it and then posted a link to the Daily Mail because that was the first that caught my eye. In the future I'll be sure to provide multiple links.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Perhaps, but that's no reason for the story not to be reported. Nor should people be subjected to an intimidating crowd of protesters when heading to a supermarket to purchase food. There's a time and a place for such things.
    The point of protests is to get people to notice - I would say they've achieved that. I'm a fan of the Occupy movement, so I guess I'm bias on the whole 'time and place'.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiyo View Post
    The point of protests is to get people to notice - I would say they've achieved that. I'm a fan of the Occupy movement, so I guess I'm bias on the whole 'time and place'.
    They could protest by simply boycotting Tesco. Demanding that Tesco ceases trade with another country over a foreign conflict is quite simply a very selfish thing to do.

This is the kind of shits that makes my blood boil and turns the volume up on my sociopathic thoughts towards blowing the entire country off the map.

Luckily after a bit clearer thoughts prevail. Though I can still here the occasional thought of "hang them to make an example"
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    They could protest by simply boycotting Tesco. Demanding that Tesco ceases trade with another country over a foreign conflict is quite simply a very selfish thing to do.
    It's not selfish, it is called protesting...

Tesco is a supermarket chain providing a service. If people don't like that service then they're free to avoid shopping there - but demanding that Tesco bends over backwards to take a side in a distant conflict is pretty selfish. I don't like that Subway stopped serving pork in a great many areas. So what did I do? I simply avoid buying anything from there.

Deleted
    Tesco is a supermarket chain providing a service. If people don't like that service then they're free to avoid shopping there - but demanding that Tesco bends over backwards to take a side in a distant conflict is pretty selfish. I don't like that Subway stopped serving pork in a great many areas. So what did I do? I simply avoid buying anything from there.
    If you wanted to protest against subway, you would be free too. I would have no problem with your right to do that. There is nothing selfish about demonstrating and you can demonstrate against whatever you want. Supermarkets and shops have been subject to protests before. Did you believe the Occupy movement's protest again Tesco was also selfish? Where they were protesting against use of job seeker claimants as full time workers?

Deleted
    Not too surprising. When Lebanon decided to take some Palestinian Refugee's, they repaid the favour by trying to overthrow the Government. Their is a good reason why several Arab nations do not allow Palestinians access to Citizenship.

No reason, they would not cause trouble, when moving to the West.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2014-08-17 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like the "news" from several days ago when Ukraine claimed to have destroyed a russian military convoy but the story never hit the media as it should and the russians were like "whatchu talkin about, Willis?"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As for cultural enrichment I'm all for it when it leads to integration and compromises. I'm firmly against it when it doesn't however.
    Yeah. Ask the Native Americans how cultural enrichment , integration and compromises worked out for them.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe more people should protest their relic of a religion and the actions done in its name.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    It doesn't surprise me one bit that this happens in the UK, a country that seems to turn into a Muslim state.

I find it both saddening and ironic that a country which was perhaps the most powerful nation a 100+ years ago has lost almost everything and is now handing over their own country to the people who they themselves once ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefa View Post
    Can't England deport the extremists ?!
    Is it true that most of them can't speak English?! If they can`t speak the language how the hell, are they going to contribute to the Country and maintain themselves ?!
    Most extremists are born here. Their parents or grandparents may have come from abroad but it's this new generation that are the extremists and since they are born here you can't deport them... To deport them another country would have to accept them and why would another country accept our trash ?

Why aren't these people protesting about ISIS ? Why aren't they protesting about Boko Harem ?
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-08-17 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a small group of idiots did something dumb and now we have people brandishing all muslims, what a complete shocker, people being intolerant towards muslims. It evidently wasn't the "chaos" the headline makes it out to be as a spokesman from Tesco even said the damage was minimal and that the store was closed for cleanup for only a few minutes. So in short, a bunch of people protesting went into a shop and knocked over a few bottles of coke and threw some things on the floor. Same as every protest attended by idiots. So what makes this particular one so worrysome?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It doesn't surprise me one bit that this happens in the UK, a country that seems to turn into a Muslim state.

I find it both saddening and ironic that a country which was perhaps the most powerful nation a 100+ years ago has lost almost everything and is now handing over their own country to the people who they themselves once ruled.
    What a load of bollocks. I wish people like yourself who type this would actually come here and see how far from the truth you are.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremists? If you find this extreme, never go to a football game.

Are we sure this wasn't just disgruntled Tesco employees on zero-hour contracts venting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Are we sure this wasn't just disgruntled Tesco employees on zero-hour contracts venting?
    Why bother yourself with questions when you can say that this is indicative of muslims being a problem and taking over the country. It's only a مسألة وق* until we all succumb to the مسلم threat and *بدأ *لحديث *ي squiggly letters. Oh god, **ه* *ولي، لأ*هم وصلو* لي! إ*ق*ذ *لأط**ل!

Save yourself!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Why bother yourself with questions when you can say that this is indicative of muslims being a problem and taking over the country.
    Shit, you're right. Better get the soundtrack ready

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Saying the words UK and Muslim State in the same sentence means no one will take anything you say seriously, just FYI.