Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My main is like my wife, my alts are mistresses. The alts are fun and interesting, they feel fresh and it feels different to play them but the main is the one I go back to at the end of the day.

Always wanted to see a monk class for years, so when they came out and my guild needed a tank my new calling became clear. I love the class and dont see myself changing til the end of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love enhance shaman, and have played one since beta over 4 accounts. Hacks and quitting has never deterred me. I also hate leveling, so alts are usually never over level 40. Only in MoP have I got 3 max characters, but I rarely play the other two.
    Currently Procrastinating

Started out as a hunter, but had alt fever from the very start. I think I had all 8 classes going at once in Vanilla, leveling each one in turn while they had rested experience, but my hunter was my main. While working on my 3rd level 60 character (rogue) I made friends with a guy I met while questing in the Hinterlands. With him, his girlfriend, and my cousin, we started doing 5 man dungeons (Scholomance, Stratholme). But with 2 hunters and 2 shamans, we were always looking for a tank. Since I had a level 60 warrior, I switched and started tanking. That's pretty much it, my Orc warrior has been my main ever since. Of course, I still have lots of alts (3 level 90 warriors for some reason and a number of others), but my Orc warrior will always be my main.

My paladin used to be my main, and then they added in holy power. I switched over to warlock at the end of Cataclysm, then recently switched servers and figuring out what I want to level.

If I had the extra money to throw away, I would server change my paladin and warlock. But my paladin will always be the one I feel most attached to. He was the first character I made after returning during just before the Ulduar patch. He got Iron Chef achievement during Wrath (when that meant all recipes but 1 or 2), he has the most exalted reputations (42), though only the tillers are exalted for Pandaria (and none are best friends). He was the one I had to do the first aid and fishing quests to be able to increase it past 225. He has all kinds of old recipes and gear that aren't attainable anymore (so does the warlock, who has about 1/2 of the real Dreadmist set). He was the first I ever got to max level (and was the first in Pandaria, and will be the first in Warlords despite not playing him anymore). He was the one that I got to send through ZG, ZA, and Onyxia before they were removed. Just so many things that keep me attached to my paladin despite not playing him anymore. But he is in a dead guild (thanks, Cataclysm) on a server I don't like anymore and don't have the money to transfer him.

I miss my draenei paladin, but I just don't like holy power. I would return to him asap if they removed it, and if I had the money to send him to Wyrmrest Accord. He also has my favorite transmog set of all my characters (and also one of the most annoying to obtain, which I still don't have the boots): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Amaroq/simple That helm took about 30 runs to get, and over 2 months of checking the AH for that belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a random choice of class and at level 10 I chose a talent which seemed to be useful at the time (reduces wrath cast time-since you used wrath alot before 20) from there I was balance and forever will stay balance.

Got bored with my Hunter that I started day one of vanilla. Switched to shaman in Wrath.

Deleted
    I feel like my paladin simply can't be replaced by any other class. She represents me so much.
    It's the first char I have learned how to heal on (and back in the day paladins were mostly ''tank healers'')
    but before i even went near holy i was a scrubby ret, a learning-how-to-tank tank and ...a born healer.
    but that's really not just it,
    she's my oldest char that I never abandoned, the char i feel most comfortable when playing.
    despite my love for priests, paladin will always be that special class.
    I guess it's was just a matter of ''let's try leveling a paladin, maybe i'll like it more than anything else''
    and I did. the spells, the light effects, the judgements..ah..
    I love this class
    i still love my few alts, but pally will just have a very special place within my heart.

My guild makes my main my main atm
    Last edited by Zakajz; 2014-08-17 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    fun. i was an enha sham until cata where i swapped for warrior. Never came back, maybe because war is almost always on good spot when enha shammy unfortunately not, perhaps both class are extremely fun. Beside that i love shammy's lore and spells but i can't stand the fact the enha sham is an underdog class.

Whatever I'm playing most at the time. Changes from one expansion to the next

Deleted
    What makes your main your main?
    It's the character I raid on.

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    Simple question, but how do you people stick to your main? What makes your main unique enough to stick with him or her?

I've always been jealous of people that managed to stick to one toon throughout the years. As an avid mainswitcher and altoholic I've never been able to do so myself.

Fire away people, I'd love to hear what makes your mains special. It might even convince me to stick to one char for a change
    The Death Knight has been my main since day 1 of Wrath of the Lich King. Prior to that I hopped around as well, played a warlock, a rogue, a warrior and a Paladin, but never really felt connected to the characters. All of them felt generic except for the Warlock, but I enjoyed melee more than casting from a gameplay standpoint. From the story/lore aspect, during Warcraft III I really began to cherish Arthas' story. I believe it describes perfectly that sometimes in pursuit of doing what is right you can end up doing what is wrong. That duality really kind of hit home for me. Not to mention the amazing opening story where you gain your free will and break off from the Lich King. I have alts, but the Death Knight is my main. I feel invested in the story and connected to its advancement.

A fuckton of exalted reps combined with the fact that its the only class I know how to play.

all my goofy little gadgets and QOL things like teleports and whatnot.

Interesting replies so far, keep 'm coming guys. I'm really liking what I'm reading so far

Deleted
    first wow char I created was a rogue in the middle of TBC, played him ever since then, mostly because I just love the class, the resorce system, and its gimmiks like CoS

Until all titles/reputations etc are trully account wide i wont reroll, even tho i have 11 90's.
    I play some alts from time to time, but always come back to my pally <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

15+ Year Old Account
    My main is my Priest, I consider it my main because its the funnest class I have played (at least to me) and it was my first character.

I have all my characters max level and no matter how hard I try I cant pick another class for my main. So...there it is .... Priest F T W!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it more than other classes and I can play it without any need for concentration. My Ui is just my target my frame and the party/raid. I play a resto druid but I'll switch to any of the other specs as needed by the guild.

I guess that helps a lot too. Having no need to play any of the other classes.