Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I hardly lose a pvp pet battle anymore. Try this team guys :)

I have a killer pet group that pretty much always wins in pvp pet battles:

- Blighthawk
    - Jademist dancer
    - Emperor crab (also works great with Toothy instead)

It's like every team I see runs a Valkyr or a deathadder team. It's just hilarious to beat these people EVERY time.
    I got the 500 pvp pet battle wins under a week of battling.

You should really try it out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Been well known for a little while that the Jademist Dancer with Emperor Crab and X has been putting in work in PvP Pet Battles. I'm so sick of playing against it every battle and I'm sure it's going to get even worse. >_>

"Pretty much always" is, of course, just your luck - it's a good setup (and has been known for quite some time, it even got a name: clonedance), sure, but it can lose pretty horribly. That's the beauty of pet battles, there is no clear winner, there are perhaps twenty setups which are stronger than others and new ones are appearing all the time.

That is why pet battles might be one of th best things wow has ever added.
    All teams have a counter it is the best balanced pvp this game has.
    Just as one team rises as the next "thing" it's counter soon comes along.
    That indeed is a pretty strong team there but it can and will be countered.
    A team like a spring rabbit, moth or crow and one of croc pets or spineclaw crab would give that team fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love trolling people with my Anubisath Idol. Those guys can wreck a team that isn't prepared for it.

I still need to find a decent pvp pet team that works for me. I haven't touched pvp pet battles in months, so now I can't win a game to save my life. ><

Deleted
    I love playing with my Triple Val'Kyr-Team. It sucks, but it's hilarious to see how many people ragequit on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I have a killer pet group that pretty much always wins in pvp pet battles:

- Blighthawk
    - Jademist dancer
    - Emperor crab (also works great with Toothy instead)

It's like every team I see runs a Valkyr or a deathadder team. It's just hilarious to beat these people EVERY time.
    I got the 500 pvp pet battle wins under a week of battling.

You should really try it out!
    I have yet to find a team as strong as the one I use, and have no issued with that team or any others for that matter. The team I use is:

Murkalot
    Blackfuse Bombling P/P
    Bonkers S/S

and yes breed is everything for this set up Here is a video of how dismantling it can be, especially when people have never seen it and have no clue how to deal with it:

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    That is why pet battles might be one of th best things wow has ever added.
    All teams have a counter it is the best balanced pvp this game has.
    Just as one team rises as the next "thing" it's counter soon comes along.
    That indeed is a pretty strong team there but it can and will be countered.
    A team like a spring rabbit, moth or crow and one of croc pets or spineclaw crab would give that team fits.
    That's just king of the mountain. Hard counters aren't a good example of balanced content.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    That's just king of the mountain. Hard counters aren't a good example of balanced content.
    What? What would be a good example of balanced content in pet battles in your opinion? All pets hitting for about the same numbers, with variation between direct damage, dot and aoe?

Hard counters are fine, there are soft counters and everything else as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clone-dancer teams are definitely very strong right now. You haven't stumbled across a great secret, and nothing is invincible but they are very good. I actually prefer Snarly as my 3rd with that team. The crocs are kind of squishy and I find the extra health makes a bigger difference over the increased speed of Toothy. Vengeful Porcupette is a great 3rd as well, but I like how you can buff the aquatic attacks of Snarly with the dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfro View Post
    I have yet to find a team as strong as the one I use, and have no issued with that team or any others for that matter. The team I use is:

Murkalot
    Blackfuse Bombling P/P
    Bonkers S/S

and yes breed is everything for this set up
    Breed isn't really everything - Murkalot is the glue that holds that team together. He's so good when you pair him with strong pets because RI is crazy OP.

Yup, it's a Clonedance setup (Cyclone, Rain Dance + 1 pet of your choice), people have been running it for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Breed isn't really everything - Murkalot is the glue that holds that team together. He's so good when you pair him with strong pets because RI is crazy OP.
    yup i was having 85-90% win rate with the classic adder/valk/bonkers team, and found that retarded, next pet that goes in has double damage and goes first because seriously who has a pet over 500 speed ready to counter the bombling?

after about 3-4 losses bluffing and faking i finally got revenge with bonkers getting a well timed dodge, he proceeded to wreck the enemy because 2 humanoids vs a val'kyr is horrible to play around, the instant bonkers dodges val'kyr and punish him.

but yeh until the add another pet in with that moveset murkalot is sadly pay 2 win, i'm hoping for one in WoD with around 700 pets ingame, it'd be a total money grabbing asshole move to leave murkalot the only pet able to RI.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it'd be a total money grabbing asshole move to leave murkalot the only pet able to RI.
    I'm not really following this comment. Yes, you can buy him from Ebay and some websites, but none of those are sponsered by Blizzard. Murkalot was a free gift to those who either went to Blizzcon, or watched it online. You paid for the event, not the pet. If they were money hungry with it then it would be available for purchase somewhere where Blizzard is receiving the cash on the back end. This is more of a "Be apart of as many Blizzard related events to win" if anything, which is fine by me. People who take the time out to go to these types of things should have something not everyone can have.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    The team I gave with spring rabbit, a moth or crow/raven and a croc pet is just a team that matches up well against that team in no way is this team a hard counter.
    A hard counter would only do well against one set team the team I gave could and does do well against multiple teams.
    It also good versus the valk/adder teams.
    Rip and blood in the water great versus the adder.
    Specially since most adder users don't know if already bleeding blood in the water hits thru blind and so does
    Nocturnal strike making a crow also good against adders.
    Spring rabbit being faster than adder is great versus a weakened one.
    And both the spring rabbit and crocs do great against valks.

I'm closing in on 5000 PvP pet battle wins (4827 T.T) and I've done the last 2000 or so with the following team:

Murkalot (shield rather than RI)
    Spineclaw Crab
    Death Adder Hatchling

It's certainly a flavor of the month kind of team, but it's been working out well for me so I can't complain. There are very few teams this group can't tackle, although admittedly you'd have to be terrible to lose against me with a Blighthawk/Jademist combo; sadly that means far too many players LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballfro View Post
    I'm not really following this comment. Yes, you can buy him from Ebay and some websites, but none of those are sponsered by Blizzard. Murkalot was a free gift to those who either went to Blizzcon, or watched it online. You paid for the event, not the pet. If they were money hungry with it then it would be available for purchase somewhere where Blizzard is receiving the cash on the back end. This is more of a "Be apart of as many Blizzard related events to win" if anything, which is fine by me. People who take the time out to go to these types of things should have something not everyone can have.
    I agree that those people should have something different that others can't have. And getting a pet others can't have fits that just fine. But because pet battles are part of the game now, I don't think there should be any 1 pet that has a specific ability - there should be others, even if they don't have the exact same sets of skills, just for balance purposes.

The only reason its not as big of a deal now is because there really aren't that many Murkalots out there, at least not that I've run into. Its still terrible for balance purposes though.

Deleted
    What if you don't have Murkalot?

Holy mother of necro...

I'm still running into teams with Graves, Undead fossil raptor and Bone serpent. Completely annoying. I mostly run Blossoming ancient , Son of Sethe and Chi-Chi. Running ironbark - photosynthesis and Sunlight / Absorb - TotA and Drain blood / Fire Quills - Tranquility and Ethereal. Most other teams struggle to kill my team unless it's the team i mentioned above. A Son of Sethe is something to be feared in Sunlight with 338 attack power and +25% extra healing on all 3 abilities.

Edit: Just noticed it's an old thread, woops.