Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Farm boss drop battle pets in old raids. Easy gold right there, and you can sell/de all the gear drops, as well as AH many of the mats.
    Zilog Z-80A, 1.77 MHz - 4k RAM – Cassette Storage
    12” Monochrome 64x16 text – OS: BASIC

I ran weekly pet farming circuits on several toons.

AQ40 > SSC/Kara/TK > Naxx = profit but the pets from BWL and MC sell for peanuts. Prices ranged from 500g to 5000g per pet and became my largest source of gold. Battle pets, people can't get enough of them!

Farming Pit of Saron for the Hilt isn't a bad way either but it's even more RNG dependent and you'll hit the max instances/hour but you also come out of it with tons of crafting materials.
    Last edited by Help ol Gil Out; 2014-09-11 at 03:06 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Farm boss drop battle pets in old raids. Easy gold right there, and you can sell/de all the gear drops, as well as AH many of the mats.
    Check your AH for pet prices first. Chances are, you will be surprised by how low the prices are.

I am not trying to be a naysayer, it's just that the above advice might totally not work. About the only pets that hold their prices are Anubisath Idol (AQ) and Coilfang whatever (SSC, and more specifically, Vashj).
    Last edited by rda; 2014-09-11 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not trying to be a naysayer, it's just that the above advice might totally not work. About the only pets that hold their prices are Anubisath Idol (AQ) and Coilfang whatever (SSC, and more specifically, Vashj).
    There's a bit of a price swing in the pet market and I often noticed that pets from TK to be on the lower-end of the spectrum in general due mount farming and, hey, when in Rome why not visit Lootreaver and Solarian. I can usually sell their respective pets for 800 - 1000g and that's not a bad amount of gold to make for a few minutes of work.

Naxx and Karazhan are about on par with prices of 800 - 1200g. The exception being the Netherspace Abyssal which fetched me a little under 5000g on the last one I put up. I think Chess is still somewhat of a barrier which makes the Abyssal sell for much more than the others.

You're right about SSC and AQ40 being the best though. In AQ40 you have the Anubisath Idol as well the Viscidus Globule which both sell for 2000 - 3000g (or more for the Idol) whereas most pets in SSC will range from 1500 - 4000g.

The only reason I would suggest farming MC or BWL is if you're going there for another reason, either for transmog or to build Sulfuras. Those pets only sell for 50 - 400g.

These all have to be taken with a grain of salt though. I'm on a fairly low-pop Horde server and prices will likely vary elsewhere. There are also times where I need to sit on those pets for a while in order to get them sold, especially if I have multiples since I used to do this with up to four characters a week. At one point, I had six Tainted Wavelings queued up for selling and took me a couple months to move them all for ~1500g each.

A lot of potential for taking an hour or less to do. You can also extend this to Magisters' Terrace for the Hatchling.
    Last edited by Help ol Gil Out; 2014-09-11 at 04:57 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.