Ret Heroic Garrosh 10 Man help

My guild finally made it to heroic Garrosh last night 10 man and we just hit the wall that is the first intermission. Current Ilevel is 584 everything is 4/4 upgraded. (Just plain heroic sha weapon, TTT, and EEOG). I am running 40% haste and then dumping everything else into mastery (85.5% buffed). I took Sanctified wrath because I am more comfortable using it then DP (I know, I'm a baddie). I also took Execution Sentence. My glyphs are blinding light, mass exorcism, and divine protection(More as a safety precaution for fixates since it was our first night on it, I probably don't need it).

So the way we are timing it is I go in and I am dpsing the front right adds. Avenging wrath is off cd but guardians has about 5-10 secs left. Pop Avenging wrath, I then throw Execution on the back left add, start hitting the front center add wait for embodied to get about as close to finishing as possible, use blinding light, pop guardian as it comes off cd. Hopefully by this time the center add is dead. Fist of justice the back left, start dpsing the back right, rebuke the embodied as it comes up and try to burn down that add and sometimes I can before the next cast, but I seem to run out of time to kill the back left and it gets some casts off, we die. I have been hesitant to use my strength pot here but I think I will have too. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how they solo'd their own pack of adds in this phase because our healer comp (druid and disc priest) seems to be forcing us to try to get 3 in a single group.

I am open to any suggestions going to DP, switching from 40% haste/mastery to 50% haste/crit and everything in between I really just want to get this down.

I do 25s and obviously 10s are different intermission P1, but are you literally the only player on this entire front/right group? I'd say just tell a healer to step it up and solo heal and/or have the tank do the same (if you're not kiting w/BrM).

BTW, you want DP unglyphed; the fixate damage is magic actually, not physical, so you're gimping yourself there.

I do 25mans too but i actually did 10man a few weeks ago on a vacation week, we one tank and 2 healed it which is what you're doing too i guess. It sounds like your heart phase one strat is really off, none of us solod any groups JUST by ourselves. I think we had 3 on front right/left and mid and then we all wolf packed the 2 groups in the back ASAP - we made it with garry at like 22. You shouldn't even think about specing DP, SW is the way to go 100% on progressing and even farm really, the adds will die you just need more help. Make sure your healers and interrupting too, both of ours were. Make youre youre aiming your legendary proc too, the cleave melts the adds with DS procs.

Also what the other guy said, glyph of DP is legit horrible for garrosh, way too much magic dmg.

i did 40% haste and all in matery i think i was like 78% mastery for my 10 man how ever we did do 1 tank 1 heal strat ran with glyph of blinding light TV and Sac with Clemency,SW, and ES like everyone else is saying glyph of dp isn't great for garrosh since he is alot of magic dmg for that fight

my guild is finally went 25 man so learning garrosh fight for that is fun!...only when we have a full raid /sigh

Deleted
    Been making a few kills on 25man, but This week we made 10man. We tried a few times with different tacs to deal with the trans. Anyway we ended up using our hero here, we were not even close to getting the second transition or having the dps in phase 3 (This is the tightest) u could just use pots at phase 3 or where u need it.
    We used 2 resto druids doing 0dmg and then had solo tank. Imo the only prob we had Was transition and then 2 wipes to spawning too many iron stars, but that's really the easy part if u have the other phase controlled. Having no tips for u, but gl.

Make sure you go into that phase with a 4p proc up and at least 3 HP. The only player that should be solo'ing a group is the tank, and he should be on the middle group. Split up your dps accordingly across the front two groups and have your healers be ready to help out with cap totem, leg sweep, etc. You shouldnt need wings/guardian and you absolutely shouldnt need bloodlust.

Dont glyph DP, glyph Blinding Light, use arcane torrent if you are the glorious paladin master race.

Experience: Many kills on 25 and 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

1) Theres no fucking way you should be attempting to solo a pack as ret. It's a batshit insane idea.

2) Don't glyph DP, the fixate is magical cooties anyway so you are better off not glyphing it.

It sounds like you should look at the dru and disc. Disc can halo 9 adds for 10% of their health if its placed right. Resto drus simply pop HoTW and hurricane. Our disc / resto do 2-4 mill per pull each. When margins are tight them contributing 5% of the damage each isn't to be sniffed at.

I spent several weeks working on garrosh heroic 10 before moving to a 25 guild, I used DP rather than SW because fixated adds in p1 were lasting too long plus DP worked better for transition 1. I was (mostly) soloing a group by myself, with some help to dps/interrupt the last add. I'd blinding light the first cast while cleaving off a single add, it was almost always dead before second cast, where i'd FoJ one and rebuke the last. The helper i had was a mage who was coming to mine after the middle group (i was back right group) with backup counterspell if I wasn't able to kill one add before the second cast. Aim to go into transition with (preferably) both DP and 4pc procs, pop wings and kill shit

Deleted
    Hey 10m Garrosh ret pala here.. We run two tank 1 heal set up not entirely sure why your running in to problems are you also two tanking this fight? I would recommend trying to 1 heal it personally either healer shouldnt have a problem with good cd usage during whirlings we use a resto shammie or druid.

Our intermission strat is as followed make sure everyone is pooling embers and holy power pre intermission have 4 pc up is bonus but not needed at all as is rng.

First two packs:
    We send our two tanks and plus 2 dps (rogue/mage or warlock usually). On the first two packs they don't agro both packs at once they kill left pack first then straight to right pack (Corodinate stuns) the front two packs should be dead very fast and with rng there will be an orb in middle for them to soak but not needed as they will have more than enough time to move to the front if they are fast enough.

Middle Pack
    I am assigned to the middle pack but all the DPS running to the back are killing middle on way through as well they die by the time blinding light fades usually and i very rarely need to stun another add but just incase I have war stomp, hand and rebuke. I then move to the lowest dps side at the back (2dps on either side) usually the Hunter Shaman side as warlocks completely melt there packs with good havoc usage. Personally I don't us guardian within the realm i pop avenging wrath when its up just before we go in to the intermission but gurdian is still another 45seconds off for me and thus is a waste as your guardian despawns when you exit the intermission no matter how longs left on it and you lose your strength stacks.

Back Packs
    we use warlock plus hunter on one side and Hunter plus shaman on the other cap totem binding shot and shadow fury for stuns we usually finish at around 20-21 stacks with plenty of time to pick up each orb.

You shouldn't really be having much trouble with intermission especially considering you totally out gear the encounter and DPS shouldn't be a problem I would suggest swapping maybe to a 2 tank 1 heal or 2 heal 1 tank strat though as you will want to be hitting p3 before 2nd intermission which you wont if you are 2 heal 2 tanking.

Glyphs: Blinding Light, Temp Verdict (Damage Reduction for Whirlings is good), and Mass Exo.

Talents: SW and ES, Dont go DP its a waste imo as the fight really is just a ST fight, the packs at the beginning should die within seconds im lucky if i get 2 DS's off before they are dead dependant on procs from t16, we stack for first desecrate move out for 2nd. We usually transition him before second desecrate though, then stack in middle to finish the 2nd pack of adds off, If your getting a second siege engineer then your dps is too low especially with 1 heal 1 tank strat. (We have warlock solo the siege engineer he also havoc's garrosh on his way for that extra dps.

Hope this helps and gl in the future
    Last edited by mmoc17786dff60; 2014-08-18 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzbar View Post
    I have been hesitant to use my strength pot here but I think I will have too. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how they solo'd their own pack of adds in this phase because our healer comp (druid and disc priest) seems to be forcing us to try to get 3 in a single group.
    I am a 25-man player so don't know how it's done in 10-man (though several people have already given an indication). However, this step is not something you should take. Your gear is literally 4 item levels off what is realistically the best possible. In other words your gear, and by extension your dps, is not going to get much better. You know you're going to need that pot later on so can't use it now. If you can't manage the task as of right now then there's something wrong with the strategy being employed; that's as obvious as it gets.

My guild finally made it to heroic Garrosh last night 10 man and we just hit the wall that is the first intermission. Current Ilevel is 584 everything is 4/4 upgraded. (Just plain heroic sha weapon, TTT, and EEOG). I am running 40% haste and then dumping everything else into mastery (85.5% buffed). I took Sanctified wrath because I am more comfortable using it then DP (I know, I'm a baddie). I also took Execution Sentence. My glyphs are blinding light, mass exorcism, and divine protection(More as a safety precaution for fixates since it was our first night on it, I probably don't need it).
    Get rid of Glyph of Exorcism because you don't need it beyond Phase 1. Let your other guildies worry about excessively AoEing adds while you cleave off of Garrosh.
    The adds melee you for Shadow Damage not Physical so Glyph of Divine Protection does nothing but weaken your defensive CDs.

So the way we are timing it is I go in and I am dpsing the front right adds. Avenging wrath is off cd but guardians has about 5-10 secs left. Pop Avenging wrath, I then throw Execution on the back left add, start hitting the front center add wait for embodied to get about as close to finishing as possible, use blinding light, pop guardian as it comes off cd. Hopefully by this time the center add is dead. Fist of justice the back left, start dpsing the back right, rebuke the embodied as it comes up and try to burn down that add and sometimes I can before the next cast, but I seem to run out of time to kill the back left and it gets some casts off, we die. I have been hesitant to use my strength pot here but I think I will have too. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how they solo'd their own pack of adds in this phase because our healer comp (druid and disc priest) seems to be forcing us to try to get 3 in a single group.
    I never soloed them, I had a balance druid with me worrying about one of the adds. He used Tauren stun and then I just had to use Arcane Torrent once and by then we killed 1-2 of them. One Solar Beam later and add no. 3 was down. Maybe try getting an extra person to help you. You should be using your pre-pot for the Phase 1 burn and then another to end phase 3 asap.

I am open to any suggestions going to DP, switching from 40% haste/mastery to 50% haste/crit and everything in between I really just want to get this down.
    DP won't help you here, personally, I'd just keep it on the safe side and ask the group to send an extra person your way. Honestly idk why you are trying to solo the adds anyway...
    Last edited by NickCageFanatic; 2014-08-20 at 02:45 PM.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

10+ Year Old Account
    dont focus so much on what add u are killing, cleave all u got, glyphed Blinding light is great for interupting those adds allso! Make sure to enter interrmission 1 with fresh inquisition and 5 holypower, allso if u manage to lure out a 4 set proc with less than 8 sec to intermission u win!

Edit: Oh, and allso only wings on the intermission 1 adds, then guardian + Exectuion scentence on the boss in intermission instantly as u can gert to him, then u get to benefit from ur full guardian duration, u will be able to pop wings again after the first mc when u get out for p2, and all ur cd's will line up perfectly for the last push to skip intermission 2! GL!
    Last edited by Haaz; 2014-08-22 at 03:09 AM.