Just wanting a super rough idea on the state of feral and guardian on beta atm

Hi! I'm disheartened by the state of WW on beta right now, and I was wondering if someone could kindly give me an overview on how bear, cat, and bearcat (;p) is shaping up.

From 2007 to MoP, a druid was pretty much the only character I played. In 5.0, playing her was nearly torture. I hated how slow she'd become. That, with the combination of old frustrations (damage ramp-up time, shred location requirements, etc.) made her lose to the fun of monking easily. I also hear that Guardian tanking was mind-numbingly easy. Frankly, after almost spending more time in SoO as a brewmaster than as a windwalker, and peeing myself over it, that part has some real appeal, ha!

Anyway, how are the cats and the bears? Bonus thank-yous if you've also played monk on the beta and can compare the DPS specs (I spot-tank, and am capable enough at it, but my heart is in the killing.) And with the changes in Moonkin, is it more fun than feral? I may still level her for funsies, and would like to know if she needs to try out lazer-turkey again.

Thank you for reading all this, and for any insights.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW is horrible due to low haste and the jab mechanic almost doubling in cost - to me its unplayable.

Brew master is pretty fun still (better than ww and not far from live) - leveled to 94 as bm so far.

Balance is amazing to level (with gear) due to changes to starfall, the eclipse bar in general, and sunfire when you eventually make it to solar.

Bear is reasonable, and quite OP at the moment, although I haven't played it much, and haven't played feral at all.

As of todays 'balancing' patch, balance was way out in front, today we got some nerfs and feral got some buffs so they should be closer now. Baring another large waves of nerfs balance is looking really good for atleast the first tier (and we usually scale well) and feral will be just a little behind.

With snap shotting of dots being removed you could argue both specs are less engaging than before, and 'mistakes' wont be punished as much. Good players closing the gap on great players due to the difficulty of both specs being dumbed down some what, if you want to shine in wod, numbers wont be the way to do it, it'll be learning the fights well, executing them better, and reducing damage taken to help the healers.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Bear is reasonable, and quite OP at the moment, although I haven't played it much, and haven't played feral at all.
    OP? I guess you missed the last 2 weeks of nerfs we got to rage generation and physical mitigation.

Thanks so much, Xtramuscle! Frankly, I don't mind emphasizing fight execution over things like DoT Snapshotting, myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    OP? I guess you missed the last 2 weeks of nerfs we got to rage generation and physical mitigation.
    Still Ursa Major either needs a rework or an outright nerf. Its very very strong even now.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Lol our dmg reduction is crap, we are rage starved, and you're worried about our health being a little too high? Not sure if this is a serious post or a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Still Ursa Major either needs a rework or an outright nerf. Its very very strong even now.
    Ursa Major is working intended, its why they cut our passive damage reduction and nerfed our rage generation, they want us to be HUGE mana sponges with a self heal.

Anyone with infoz on kitty-play?

Deleted
    I'm on the same boat right now, switched from Paladin to Monk in Pandaria due to boring gameplay of prot, and really enjoyed it playing brewmaster with WW offspec.
    But on the same time, i love the lore and looks of druids, have an undergeared lvl90 druid ready to go, but found bear to be to boring and cat to have too much ramp up time.
    With the option to glyph savage roar for questing and pvp, and at the same time the now fixed WW mastery of tigereye brew in addition to both tiger palm AND rsk selfbuffs (hate that stuff, see ramp up), druid is looking VERY appealing.

Plus i'd have stealth... and new cat form to play with.

Now it only takes a fun tanking "rotation" and i'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Lol our dmg reduction is crap, we are rage starved, and you're worried about our health being a little too high? Not sure if this is a serious post or a troll.
    None of which matters, at all.

Stop spreading information which means absolutely nothing relative to what is happening in beta.

FB buffed by 7%, Rip nerfed by 35% ouch.

The necro is real. So is arguing about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    None of which matters, at all.

Stop spreading information which means absolutely nothing relative to what is happening in beta.
    I'm sorry, how does it mean nothing? Just because some people are content to roll over and take whatever Blizz gives doesn't mean the rest of us don't remember a better time and see the problems at hand. Maybe some people want to see Bears become Monks and rely 100% on active mitigation to survive but I would much rather see a healthy balance between passive and active mitigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a feral thread over here (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WOD-Feral-PvE) and a Guardian thread here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pha-Patchnotes).

Not really a necro, but we do have other threads covering this topic. Closing.