Thread: Frost AoE?

Frost AoE?

Hi guys!

I've read lots of forums, but I'm still unsure of how to AoE on a frost mage,

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on frost AoE?

Thanks!

Frozen Orb, freeze everything and hit with glyphed CoC

Yeah that's p much it

oh yeah cast some blizzard/arcane explosion if you want
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    If u ask for WoD frost AoE its basically the following rotation - cast Frost bomb (if speced into it) ot the fattest add or on the boss->Frozen orb into the melle->spam IL on the add with the Frost bomb on it (frost bomb is activated when the target is hit with FoF IL)->when orb duration is over and there is still mobs up cast CoC and then rain them with Blizzard (for every damage done by blizzard the remaining CD of Frozen orb is reduced by 0.5 sec)->I think blizzard can also proc FoF, so when you get 2xFoF dump them on the target with Frost bomb (assuming its still alive if its not that boss)->recast Blizzard->repeat till Frozen orb comes out of cooldown->rince and repeat.

If u ask for the current frost AoE on live i cant help there, because i dont play frost on live, but as far as i know its not that awesome, but rather strong cleave with Splitting Ice glyph and maybe glyphed CoC. Maybe what durrtygoodz wrote

Deleted
    If you're talking about WoD then don't forget prismatic crystal. As far as i've read Icy Nova and Comet Storm are pants.

So i think it'd be:

PC > Frostbomb crystal > Frozen orb into grouped adds > spam fingers of frost ice lance on crystal, icy jet crystal and frostbolt for more ice lance on crystal > Cone of cold> Blizzard till frozen orb off cd ?

He's not asking for WoD, otherwise, it'd have a WoD tag in the title (or somewhere in his OP) or he would have asked in the WoD sticky.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

just nether tempest everything. blizzard if it's a big pack. glyphed coc is a waste imo. mandatory glyphs are water ele, splitting ice and icy veins. (586 frost mage 14/14H)

Deleted
    Glyphed icy veins, Glyphed ice lance, pop frozen orb and then spam ice lance. Oh all the beautiful carnage. Not the best aoe since it requires the use of cd's. But when you can the aoe is amazing.