Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well thank god this wasn't a Jewish man marrying a converting Muslim woman, all of Islam would of demanded her death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    And this thread went exactly where I thought it would go...
    You mean that you thought people would pick you up on spouting nonsense, but carried on anyway?

I maintain my position and, frankly, I don't care if the usual players are angry about it. I meant what I said or I wouldn't have said it. Media manipulation is a thing and, like it or not, it's a stratagem that gets used in cases like this to make the whole of one group look bad while making the whole of another look put upon when that's not the reality.

But since we're talking about reality and the Middle East I'm fairly certain no one really wants to talk about that so keep right on hating the Jews and ranting how everything it their fault. I'm sure it'll work out just how you expect.
    That you actually believe that people would go to the trouble of planning a wedding just to rile up Israelis shows you are deluded, and that your position is one of a disregard for sanity.

Have you actually ever been to the Middle East?

And this thread went exactly where I thought it would go with exactly the same players.

I maintain my position and, frankly, I don't care if the usual players are angry about it. I meant what I said or I wouldn't have said it. Media manipulation is a thing and, like it or not, it's a stratagem that gets used in cases like this to make the whole of one group look bad while making the whole of another look put upon when that's not the reality.
    So, what is the reality? In what world is an anti-miscegenation rally not racist and bigoted? Did the people holding the wedding also hire the racists? What conspiracy theory can you concoct to explain away their behavior? "Holding an ostentatious wedding" isn't offensive or objectionable behavior.

But since we're talking about reality and the Middle East I'm fairly certain no one really wants to talk about that so keep right on hating the Jews and ranting how everything it their fault. I'm sure it'll work out just how you expect.
    Not a single person in this thread has said anything of the kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This is some pretty ridiculous apologism. Just because you think the wedding is too large, they must be trolling for racists - and somehow they're at fault when racists show up, and not, you know, the racists?
    It's not that it's too large. It's that it's incredibly large. It's that it's being held in a very public location. It's that these people are complete unknowns.

Yeah racists suck and all. But baiting them doesn't make you any better.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Man it is really paranoid to think this was some kind of set up or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this thread went exactly where I thought it would go with exactly the same players.
    this website has become one giant anti-Israel circle jerk,

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I have been. Multiple times. I cannot figure out why these people justify such a public wedding? Why the need for 800 people? They don't seem important in any way at all.
    muslim weddings they usually invite shit ton of people, its not like the weddings in the western world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    muslim weddings they usually invite shit ton of people, its not like the weddings in the western world.
    Weird. I just don't see the appeal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. I just don't see the appeal.
    Different cultures are different! I imagine cultures where the extended family are very close to eachother would have such large wedings because you invite eeryone in your family and then some.

Deleted
    I can't speak for people in Israel, but someone i used to raid with from Turkey had almost 500 people at a cousins wedding, it's more like a giant family get together from both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Different cultures are different! I imagine cultures where the extended family are very close to eachother would have such large wedings because you invite eeryone in your family and then some.
    Even if I added up my really extended family I don't think I could surpass 100 people.

Just, be kind.

Yeah racists suck and all. But baiting them doesn't make you any better.
    Uh, yes, actually it does. Holding proud, public displays like this does in fact mean you're better than racist bigots. Glad I could clear that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I added up my really extended family I don't think I could surpass 100 people.
    Well we also have a lower birth rate per person Id imagine. However, my grandmother had 9 siblings. If I were close to all of those and their children, I could EASILY surpass 100 people, and that's just one half of my family.

So to say inviting 800 people for a wedding between 2 different religions is just to rile Israelis up is completely forgetting the cultural aspect of how the people in these regions have ther weddings.

It's not that it's too large. It's that it's incredibly large.
    It's not incredibly large. These kind of weddings happen everywhere in Middle East. Some Kurdish tribes on east of Turkey invite more than 5K guests to wedding.

I don't see how you could have 800 people worth of extended family.

Also, the very fact that this wedding was publicized to the point where all of these 'protestors' actually knew about it makes me think that at the very least, it wasn't completely unintended for this to happen.

A stunt by the media is not out of the question so stop acting like it is, and let's not forget that if this wedding was being held in Palestine it would probably have been bombed.

Worst case scenario, a few protestors are 'racist bigots' and Hamas is still 1000 times worse.

I've also noticed an avid usage of the term 'right wring' in the article from the OP. I mean, did they actually ask all these people what their political affiliation was? Or are they just assuming it and calling them right wing without any evidence to support it, because they just assume that anyone that they don't like must be right wing?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-08-18 at 01:29 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It usually includes friends, their family, neighbors, etc etc. Not really hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It usually includes friends, their family, neighbors, etc etc. Not really hard to understand.
    I can see the wedding invitations now:

"Do you have a pulse? Well, you're invited!"

Probably got air dropped from a helicopter or something.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Also, the very fact that this wedding was publicized to the point where all of these 'protestors' actually knew about it makes me think that at the very least, it wasn't completely unintended for this to happen.
    It's the right-wing racists who publicized the wedding invitation on their Facebook page and exhorted people to protest. So, what, did the couple slip the racist anti-intermarriage group their wedding invitation so they could get on the evening news? The couple filed an injunction against the group attempting to get the protest blocked. But I guess that was just all part of their conspiracy to get the protest to happen for... what purpose exactly?

A stunt by the media is not out of the question so stop acting like it is, and let's not forget that if this wedding was being held in Palestine it would probably have been bombed.

Worst case scenario, a few protestors are 'racist bigots' and Hamas is still 1000 times worse.
    All of the protestors are racist bigots. This thread has nothing to do with Hamas.

Sure, that accounts for the "already married" part.

But what's up with the 800 people? I find it hard to believe that between the two of them they can find 800 Israelis that they know well enough to want at their wedding. I mean their guest list rivals the numbers for Prince William's Royal wedding.
    How is 800 people unimaginable to you? Average weddings usually have like 400ish. Family and friends and friends of other friends it's pretty common.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I can see the wedding invitations now:

"Do you have a pulse? Well, you're invited!"

Probably got air dropped from a helicopter or something.
    Jesus christ some cultures are different than yours. No reason to be a prat about it.