Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    P.S. Wanted to add: extreme orthodox Jewish groups are perhaps just 1-2% of total Jewish Israeli population or even less.

To judge whole Israeli society because of their foolish actions would be exactly the same as blaming all Muslims in the world for inhuman acts of ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    You're making too much noise out of this.

The truth is, that certain small groups of ultra-radical orthodox Jews are alienated to everyone else, including most of Jewish Israeli population as well. They oppose service in IDF, for example, and criticize everything around, not just marriage with non-Jews. It's not new, and it's not just this kind of wedding that would make them furious.

Normal, non-orthodox Israelis don't take these people seriously even, we rather laugh at them, so you shouldn't do it either. They can make noise, they can protest or even do some funny and weird things like throwing sacks with shit on police officers, but that's it - 99.9% of them aren't even remotely capable of real violence.
    This small group recieved a great deal of funding from the Israeli Government. Not sure if that is common practice.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...jewish-wedding

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any other sources then those linked in OP, but are there also sources in Israeli media that support the wedding?
    http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/4487/2776756

Walla is the most popular news site in Hebrew. This article tells about how much unexpected support and how many gifts the couple received. You can also see Israeli holding sign with "Mazal Tov" wish in Hebrew on these pictures during the wedding support demonstration.

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=//2776274

In this article Israeli president Reuven Rivlin criticizes those opposing this wedding and calls such protests not acceptable.

In general, there are much more Israelis either supporting or being neutral about this wedding than vice versa. This guy is an Arab Israeli citizen, he's not from Gaza. We are not "in war" with our own Arab citizens, despite some haters trying hard to show a different picture.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-08-21 at 12:00 PM.

I am completely and utterly against those extremists and court order. Feeling a little ashamed in being connected to those fools. You should note though, that protestors also came to support the couple and that there was heavy security. The wedding wasnt ruined at all.
    Last edited by Barendon; 2014-08-21 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can also add that nearly entire large sub-ethnic Israeli Jewish group known as "Russian Israelis" (former citizens of USSR and post-Soviet countries) to which I also belong, is nearly fully secular and never supports religious extremism of either kind.

"Russian Israelis" (nearly 1.5 million people which is a huge part of Israeli society) also suffered from many similar acts of prejudice, coming from ultra-orthodox fanatics in the past. So the claims that it's Israeli Arabs who are constantly targeted by these few fanatics, is not even remotely true. Basically, these retrograde people are against everything modern and secular altogether and some of them oppose the very state of Israel.

There have been cases when few Orthodox rabbis went to Iran and supported Achimadinejad's inciting speeches against "Zionist regime". So, what would you expect from a bunch of weirdos?
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-08-21 at 12:18 PM.

Well, it's not like Muslims are excited about white christians/atetist marrying a muslim girl, sadly we've had some incidents where the girl and her boyfriend were both shot by her family in our country.

Not saying that hating on this marriage is ok whatsoever, but there's that thing about the pot calling the kettle black.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Wanted to add: extreme orthodox Jewish groups are perhaps just 1-2% of total Jewish Israeli population or even less.

To judge whole Israeli society because of their foolish actions would be exactly the same as blaming all Muslims in the world for inhuman acts of ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
    wholeheartedly agree, it's ironic seeing how muslims go nuts when they feel they're all judged on a few extremists actions, imagine if every muslim were judged on Saddams regime? ISIS actions? apparently Muslims have no problem judging every single jew on the actions of Israel, I'm baffled by this.

I'm just as amazed at how quiet our muslim minority are on social networks regarding to ISIS, who are killing more muslims than Israel are, yet they've got nothing but the whole "free palestine" rhetoric going on, their absolute ignorance towards the fact that Jews are not one individual and that a quick glance on their history probably would reveal why they react as they do towards any small amount of aggression.

Does that mean that I think it's ok they bomb civilians? ofcourse not, but it is not going to help if you judge Jews as ignorant as some judge Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well, it's not like Muslims are excited about white christians/atetist marrying a muslim girl, sadly we've had some incidents where the girl and her boyfriend were both shot by her family in our country.

Not saying that hating on this marriage is ok whatsoever, but there's that thing about the pot calling the kettle black.

- - - Updated - - -

wholeheartedly agree, it's ironic seeing how muslims go nuts when they feel they're all judged on a few extremists actions, imagine if every muslim were judged on Saddams regime? ISIS actions? apparently Muslims have no problem judging every single jew on the actions of Israel, I'm baffled by this.

I'm just as amazed at how quiet our muslim minority are on social networks regarding to ISIS, who are killing more muslims than Israel are, yet they've got nothing but the whole "free palestine" rhetoric going on, their absolute ignorance towards the fact that Jews are not one individual and that a quick glance on their history probably would reveal why they react as they do towards any small amount of aggression.

Does that mean that I think it's ok they bomb civilians? ofcourse not, but it is not going to help if you judge Jews as ignorant as some judge Muslims.
    Asks people not to generalize Jewish Israelis, generalize Muslim Israelis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Asks people not to generalize Jewish Israelis, generalize Muslim Israelis.
    Assumes that I'm both jewish and from Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assumes that I'm both jewish and from Israel.
    Where did I do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can also add that nearly entire large sub-ethnic Israeli Jewish group known as "Russian Israelis" (former citizens of USSR and post-Soviet countries) to which I also belong, is nearly fully secular and never supports religious extremism of either kind.

"Russian Israelis" (nearly 1.5 million people which is a huge part of Israeli society) also suffered from many similar acts of prejudice, coming from ultra-orthodox fanatics in the past. So the claims that it's Israeli Arabs who are constantly targeted by these few fanatics, is not even remotely true. Basically, these retrograde people are against everything modern and secular altogether and some of them oppose the very state of Israel.

There have been cases when few Orthodox rabbis went to Iran and supported Achimadinejad's inciting speeches against "Zionist regime". So, what would you expect from a bunch of weirdos?
    In the past? I'm not living in Israel since 2011, but i'm pretty sure that's still going on. Non-religious population, which is often reffered to as Morrocans, isn't very welcoming to Russian-Israelis as well in 7/10 cases.
    Last edited by Darkis; 2014-08-21 at 05:02 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is such a shame that news channels almost never bother to report the happier side of things. I bet that a lot of Jewish people as well as Muslims see this event as a sign that there is a possibility of coexisting in peace. It is saddening to just focus on the ugly side of humanity.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Deleted
    http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/4487/2776756

Walla is the most popular news site in Hebrew. This article tells about how much unexpected support and how many gifts the couple received. You can also see Israeli holding sign with "Mazal Tov" wish in Hebrew on these pictures during the wedding support demonstration.

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=//2776274

In this article Israeli president Reuven Rivlin criticizes those opposing this wedding and calls such protests not acceptable.

In general, there are much more Israelis either supporting or being neutral about this wedding than vice versa. This guy is an Arab Israeli citizen, he's not from Gaza. We are not "in war" with our own Arab citizens, despite some haters trying hard to show a different picture.
    Its nice to get some good news every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Emiyo View Post
    This small group recieved a great deal of funding from the Israeli Government. Not sure if that is common practice.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...jewish-wedding
    To be completely accurate, the Guardian is mischaracterizing the situation. What's actually going on is the Israeli government is funding a different racist organization, Hemla, which shares a lot of leadership with Lehava. The Haaretz investigation into Hemla is very pro-read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    To be completely accurate, the Guardian is mischaracterizing the situation. What's actually going on is the Israeli government is funding a different racist organization, Hemla, which shares a lot of leadership with Lehava. The Haaretz investigation into Hemla is very pro-read.
    Thank you for that, was a very interesting read. I can't believe the Government is funding it, knowingly aswell. Surely there are other organisations that aren't racist trying to help girls at risk? That report just reads like an organisation using the guise of charity to break up Jewish-Arab relationships. This stuck out to me most: "You can try to convince her, but it won't help - the moment she's touched a goy she's tied to him like a dog."

Where did I do that?
    Where did I generalize muslim israels? I'd have to be from Israel to do that right?

My point is, that it's quite ironic that Muslims are often demanding not to be generalized, while they usually generalize jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I generalize muslim israels? I'd have to be from Israel to do that right?

My point is, that it's quite ironic that Muslims are often demanding not to be generalized, while they usually generalize jews.
    Again with the generalizations...

Again with the generalizations...
    ...Again with a pointless post, gj messing the point tho, gl.

"jewish women for jewish men" because that's been working so well for the amish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Fanatics gonna fanatic I guess. Every nation on the earth has their own group of 'specials', in the US it's super fundamental christians, them good old boys who love teh jesus. Some of whom formed the famous love group that we know as the KKK, I do not need to mention their favorite hobbies and pastime activities. Naturally no one of any intelligence assumes that ALL americans share the beliefs and ideals of this one niche group.

In Israel the specials are these ultra orthodox, gender segregating, arab haters. While it's true they have some modicum of power and influence, most of the population does not take them seriously nor wants them to have any control over anything.