1. #1

    Help me understand blackfuse belts - so I don't screw up again

    Last night I was assigned belts in a PUG, the first belt was fine, but when the raid warning came up for belt 3, I jumped in and got ported out straight away - leading to a wipe. After recovery, tried again, failed again to the same thing. I didn't want to screw up the rest of the raid so I apologised and dropped group.

    So my question is: How long after the warning for Belt 3 do I jump on?

  2. #2
    If you aren't doing every single belt(Hunter/Moonkin or w/e else can) You go when your debuff falls. Should look what that thing says.

  3. #3
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,512
    Most likely you jumped in a few seconds too early.

  4. #4
    You can jump in after the sirens have sounded *and* the pattern recognition debuff has fallen off of you, before either and it'll kick you out.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

  5. #5
    Yeah you can only do every other belt. Unless your a hunter they can disengage off the belt and not get the debuff from what I read.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,747
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah you can only do every other belt. Unless your a hunter they can disengage off the belt and not get the debuff from what I read.
    They disengage on to the belt to avoid the debuff (You have to go up the rim of the pipe and disengage from there to the belt).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  7. #7
    just a tip wait till the lines start moving, like a sec or so before cruising into the belts either via the pipe or disengaging onto. then just wait till ur debuff falls off as well, a few sec wont matter in normal, in heroic its a diff story.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Last night I was assigned belts in a PUG, the first belt was fine, but when the raid warning came up for belt 3, I jumped in and got ported out straight away - leading to a wipe. After recovery, tried again, failed again to the same thing. I didn't want to screw up the rest of the raid so I apologised and dropped group.

    So my question is: How long after the warning for Belt 3 do I jump on?
    You can only enter the tube every 1 minute, you get a debuff called Pattern Recognition when you enter tube which will make the tube throw you out again until the debuff is off.
    Another mechanic you need to be aware of is that the belt pushes off every person on it just before it does a new belt.

    So if you go in early you will get thrown off and cant enter again due to debuff.

    Im guessing you do first belt. the next person does 2nd belt, and 3rd belt is yours. The dps requirement for belts on normal isnt particular high, so what you do is you make sure that the 2nd belt is clear first and it starts rolling again, so you can do belt 3.

    And rince and repeat until boss is dead.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Thete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Immingham
    Posts
    717
    As other have said, just wait for your debuff to fade. This should have happened once the siren has finished (done a lot of belts myself and never known this not to be the case). However, I don't see why it should cause a wipe if you get thrown out; just go right back in and it would be fine (you can only have had a second or so left on the debuff anyway). On many belts, you are waiting for a while anyway if you jump on at the siren.
    Retribution Paladin

    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    Thete#2661

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Paq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland!
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Last night I was assigned belts in a PUG, the first belt was fine, but when the raid warning came up for belt 3, I jumped in and got ported out straight away - leading to a wipe. After recovery, tried again, failed again to the same thing. I didn't want to screw up the rest of the raid so I apologised and dropped group.

    So my question is: How long after the warning for Belt 3 do I jump on?
    Any chance you were the hunter in my pug run? lol

  11. #11
    Be hunter, get a disengage glyph.

    You have 2 ways for jumping on the belt when you have the debuff, either jump in tube like the first time and disengage while the tube is expeling you, or escalate the edges of the nearest tube and disengage.
    Both ways are reliable and require little (escalate) to no (expel) practice.

    Always disengage from the belt, it's a waste of time to do anything else.

  12. #12
    Hi folks, firstly thanks for the replies. They've been illuminating.

    Just a couple of points for clarity - I was on my warlock. Is the timer for the debuff less than the length of time for a single belt wave? The reason I ask is that I had no debuff when I jumped in the pipe both times.

    I will try this on flex this reset - and wait for the belts to start moving again before jumping on.

    Thanks again.

  13. #13
    yes its about 10 seconds shorter. Meaning debuff comes off about 10 seconds before you have to go again.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Hi folks, firstly thanks for the replies. They've been illuminating.

    Just a couple of points for clarity - I was on my warlock. Is the timer for the debuff less than the length of time for a single belt wave? The reason I ask is that I had no debuff when I jumped in the pipe both times.

    I will try this on flex this reset - and wait for the belts to start moving again before jumping on.

    Thanks again.
    Warlock isn't really a good choice for belt - get hunters/druids/monks as they can do every single one. Warlocks are really good for mine control too, so even more reason not to put them on the belt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •