Does Macro Toolkit break tos?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/macro-toolkit

On curse client too, a ton of people use it that I know. but the reason im going to get it, is to increase the 255 character amount to 1000. Seems like it would break the TOS to me and im unsure to use it. But SO many people I know use it for 1 shot macro etc... So any idea if this breaks the TOS?

Deleted
    Since it's made within the constraints of the Lua engine - no, it's not breaking the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Since it's made within the constraints of the Lua engine - no, it's not breaking the ToS.
    Man thats insane.. some of the macros people have on this site more then 255 characters long is stupid. They make one button rotations... which are about 10k less dps then doing it yourself, but awesome for LFR or a one shot macro.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you can still make macros with more than 255 chars in game by chaining multiple macros with "/click buttonname". Everything else is just time saving, no in-combat benefit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    you can still make macros with more than 255 chars in game by chaining multiple macros with "/click buttonname". Everything else is just time saving, no in-combat benefit
    Technically you can't, since I'd assume these rotational macros use extremely long /castsequences (which wouldn't work with /click) - but still, as it's made within the Lua engine (I'm not sure how it actually works - I'm assuming you can use macrotext secureactionbuttons with more than 255 characters, or something along those lines), it's perfectly fine.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    every /castsequence is relatively short by itself (1 cast at the end, 0-5 nil clicks, maybe 50 characters per castsequence)

still if i had to play the game in such a lame way, i'd just go with an AHK script
    Last edited by S7orm; 2014-08-17 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    To be more specific: the way it works is that it creates a SecureAction item (button, IIRC) that executes a macro text when activated. Those are part of the lua API and the WoW API, and are entirely legit. They are limited to 1000 characters, because that is what the WoW developers decided was legit there.

It is also subject to all the same limitations as a normal macro: no changes during combat, requires a hardware event to trigger, can't do more than one GCD action, etc, etc.

The "macro" is then changed to, effectively, click on that secure button, which triggers the long running macro action. (The various helpers MT offers for, eg, turn on or off sound are implemented with slash commands, which are similar enough in their limitations and behaviour.)

So, no, this is entirely within the limits of the wow engine. (...and I honestly don't know why they didn't just ditch the 255 character limit for a 1000 character limit in macros ... but I guess because they are synced through the server, where the MT extended macros are not. Storage space limitations.)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    local macros aren't uploaded on the server while general macros are constantly synced, using 4 times more memory is going to add up a lot on their bandwidth usage