Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Considering I have over 600 unque pets and leveled up every one that is possible to level I don't want to level up 20 more cockroaches or 15 different rabbits 5 more levels again.
    I would rather get new pets, new pet battle tamers to fight and some sort of new CT to do than mindless leveling.

Also the gregarious grell can solo yulon and a fox pet with speed burst for team and howl with a spider with brittle webbing and spider burst move can take down xuen and the ox or a team of raptors with black claw and hunting party .

With some strategy the CT is easy
    This, 100%.

Adding 5 more levels would just invalidate a lot of previous work on pets, adding new trainers and new pets is a lot better and adding a lot more depth than just having us level all those pets another 5 levels.

I have around 100 level 25 pets (most of them leveled from level 1), and I certainly would much rather level up brand new ones than just keep at it with the existing ones.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    But for those who enjoy leveling, they get no content.
    Get new pets, level pets. Problem? I am sure there will be new trainers in WoD to use to level up these new pets.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes no sense. If you enjoy leveling pets, you can go level them right now, from level 1 to level 25. Adding 5 more levels would be flat out frustrating for those who were really dedicated in raising them... and I thought having 50 was hard work.

Deleted
    There will be many new pets in WoD that you can level to 25.

Curious what the legendary pet battle stones on the front page entail. I'm not going to jump the gun, but getting 600+ legendary stones gives me a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned in the other thread, they are probably the leveling stones even though they aren't named that way right now.

We may see epic stones at some point during WoD, that wouldn't surprise me, but not legendary.

I shudder at the thought of upgrading everything to epic and then legendary (hell, I've only got 517 pets right now and only 50% of them are rare), but it does seem likely that those upgrades will be available at some point in the future.

Which is funny because you seemed to survive just fine in the first 8 years of the game without pet battles even existing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys not hear yourselves talking? You're all very rude for no reason. Pack mentality is cute. Be ashamed.

As for pet leveling, I agree that I'd rather not have new levels for pets, and adding a fifth ability to all pets is probably not something Blizzard is looking forward to do, but saying that with new trainers and such there's no point for new levels is silly. Why would they bother to create expansions and raise the player level cap all the time then instead of just patching? You may argue that it's fun compared to pet leveling, but in the end they're both boring to most people, it's just a matter of degree. Yet, leveling can still be fun because you get to play a character that you may have shelved a few years back, which keeps things fresh. It's the same thing with pet battles, you'd get to use pets that you haven't in a long time, which makes for a fresh and somewhat interesting experience. I'm not saying either point of view is wrong, but in the end, if you don't want new pet levels then you don't want player levels either or you're not thinking this through.

As for the Celestial Tournament, give me a break. There's no strategy to it, it's just a matter of abusing certain overpowered combos. To even try these combos, though, you need to have a LOT of pets at 25, which means that you're usually going to just look at Wowhead and level the appropriate pets and not do any strategizing yourself. It's a dumb system that pet battles have in common with TCGs like Hearthstone. It also has the overwhelming luck factor to it once you've assembled your team.
    Last edited by Synbios; 2014-08-19 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    Do you guys not hear yourselves talking? You're all very rude for no reason. Pack mentality is cute. Be ashamed.

As for pet leveling, I agree that I'd rather not have new levels for pets, and adding a fifth ability to all pets is probably not something Blizzard is looking forward to do, but saying that with new trainers and such there's no point for new levels is silly. Why would they bother to create expansions and raise the player level cap all the time then instead of just patching? You may argue that it's fun compared to pet leveling, but in the end they're both boring to most people, it's just a matter of degree. Yet, leveling can still be fun because you get to play a character that you may have shelved a few years back, which keeps things fresh. It's the same thing with pet battles, you'd get to use pets that you haven't in a long time, which makes for a fresh and somewhat interesting experience. I'm not saying either point of view is wrong, but in the end, if you don't want new pet levels then you don't want player levels either or you're not thinking this through.

As for the Celestial Tournament, give me a break. There's no strategy to it, it's just a matter of abusing certain overpowered combos. To even try these combos, though, you need to have a LOT of pets at 25, which means that you're usually going to just look at Wowhead and level the appropriate pets and not do any strategizing yourself. It's a dumb system that pet battles have in common with TCGs like Hearthstone. It also has the overwhelming luck factor to it once you've assembled your team.
    I don't think adding 5 more levels is truly adding anything to pet battling.
    Leveling is just a stall tactic till one gets to the main dish end game material.
    New pet daily tamers, new pets with new/unique abilities and some sort of new CT is adding to the already there material.
    Yes, a bit of RNG is in the CT and all pve pet battling is that way to keep it sort of fresh.
    Otherwise it is just a scripted dance.
    I like the CT, I liked that it taught some one how to use different pets and abilities, even if they looked it up is that any different than looking up a rotation for dps, healing or tanking?
    It was a lot more of a challenge than the tamers and the 4 pet rewards were nice.

As for what else could they add?
    I for one would like breeding it be fun to try to get a different breed of a pet than what is available.
    Heck, I would like them steal more from Pokemon and be able to pass down moves to the breed pet so pets could learn different moves than the standard.
    Sure would make bats more useful if they had call of darkness for example.
    I would like epic and then legendary pets added too.
    But, I see the problems that could make pvp pet battling be hard to balance but would be fun to have those type of pets.

These are a bit of the few things I would like that would add to pet battling than just the standard level boost.
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2014-08-19 at 06:01 PM.

While I think they could've allotted an additional 5 levels for leveling up and battling, I can live with a max of 25 as long as the menagerie gives more accessible quests. I personally just wish they'd add more random pets to collect. So far I've mostly seen the same owls, squirrels, and bugs that are available on other continents.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason not to add at least 5 levels either.
    the reason is: 25 lvls are more than enough for each individual pet. actually its WAY more than necessary already. its a complete slog to lvl battle pets and is not exciting at all. the battle pets NEVER should have had a leveling system in the first place. they should have gone the other way with pets, in that time of year, zone, weather, time of day is what determines the strength of a battle pet. found a city rat in the sewers of dal? so what there are thousands, Rat = common. camped out on an island for a special lizard, during a special season? lizard = rare and potentially powerful.

thats how i was hoping it would be, for those that like collecting, they get to collect them in special unique ways. its already a time sink just finding some pets, why artificially add to it with a boring leveling grind for every single pet? why not shorten it at least to pet classes? use pets of a certain class to level the whole class simultaneously.

False. those that enjoy leveling DO actually get additional content in the way of NEW battles pets to find and level. you might not get to level pets that are 25 another 5 levels, but you could find new pets and level them to 25. not that i can understand why you enjoy leveling battle pets so much, but thats your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Shortly after WoD got announced there were some plans regarding pet battles. The biggest ideas were increasing pet quality to epic and pet breeding in the garrison building.

Both ideas seemed like horrible RNG grinds, so I'm really happy they got ditched.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    This isn't pokemon. If you want a game completely about pet battling you're playing the wrong game.

Deleted
    More then enough of a timewaste to level all the pets you need already.
    You can always release the ones you already have so you can go get new ones to level up, if thats what you are after.