View Poll Results: Are you happy with the current design for Demonic Servitude?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (and I am Affliction).

    6 3.59%
  • Yes (and I am Demonology).

    17 10.18%
  • Yes (and I am Destruction).

    10 5.99%
  • No (and I am Affliction).

    21 12.57%
  • No (and I am Demonology).

    58 34.73%
  • No (and I am Destruction).

    55 32.93%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    I'm starting to like dserv as a talent personally. 1. New beefed up demon to use as a main pet or 2. Shorter CD on the guardian's if you use dserv with goserv or 3. Leave em alone and go back to the 10 min CD guardian and use the standard options. Gives us a lot of flexibility and utility. As long as the numbers are tuned correctly I think this will be my default level 100 talent for Demo PVP unless 1 of the other 2 talents are just too bursty to pass up.
    Last edited by Lucidious; 2014-08-30 at 03:47 AM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Xag View Post
    Can I ask why you think this? Dont forget, MF is not desirable and IMO viable compared to KJC or AD at the moment but that hasnt stopped blizzard from keeping it the way it is.

    I sincerely hope they would make it viable because I would love to run around with my doomguard especially since CR sounds like for Destro it makes CB less special to cast. I like lining up my CBs with procs for massive damage and from what I am reading, CR makes CB feel almost like a filler because you cast it so much.

    So I am personally hoping Cata or DS are viable so I can keep my current play style for destro. I havent been lucky enough to play Beta so I could be wrong on some of this but its what I have read from other players.
    MF has its uses on live currently and it is a situational talent. The idea behind Dserv imo is just dull, it is a talent that turns Pet A into a slightly larger Pet that looks different and hits harder. Not only that but it is completely useless for any spec that uses Go-Sac at this point. I would have rather seen perm-doomguard/infernal and their upgraded forms be integrated into the Demonology spec rather than a silly talent.
    Last edited by Novx; 2014-08-30 at 08:41 PM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    MF has its uses on live currently and it also is a situational talent/
    I've yet to find them ever since it got changed to a cooldown.

  4. #84
    i like it simply because i have wanted a permanent infernal for a long time.

  5. #85
    Stood in the Fire Nerfarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a world where I bloom
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    MF has its uses on live currently and it also is a situational talent.
    Unfortunately I have to disagree. There is not a single fight it would be superior to any of the other two talents: if movement heavy fight then KJC it is, and otherwise or if you are confident with your abilities then AD will give you a significant dps boost. MF is simply useless on all specs, given the fact that it only increases the damage of ONE spell instead of all of them. Besides, Destro AoE is so strong it doesnt need help, Affli "AoE" doesnt benefit from it at all and demo would not take it anymore either given how powerful AD is. All in all it is like GoServ: useless, mongoloid, garbage talent that is just there for decoration.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't sacrifice them, so no I am not happy with it.
    For solo play, I enjoy sacrifice in demo. Dark apo + sacing a felguard gives you a charge, which is really fun and unique.

  7. #87
    Field Marshal Molagzhul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i like it simply because i have wanted a permanent infernal for a long time.
    I totally agree with u there heheehehe
    and what makes it better is GoSupremacy for the abyssal
    AND even better is flames of xoroth making it totally green

  8. #88
    I enjoy the idea of the talent personally. I also think peoples frustrations are justified on the flip-side of that coin. Perma Doomguard / Infernal are as timeless as having a Pitlord and Fel Fire when it comes to the Warlock class. At the end of the day I see this talent being a lot like Grimoire of Sup vs. Ser in respects to Demonology for example. Demonbolt and Cata will perform better when used optimally however Servitude will hold it's own and the DPS difference will be marginal or situational at best.

    Blizzard has my interest at least with the talent when it comes to fun.

  9. #89
    Straight up damage and utility increase to PvP locks. What's not to like. From a PvP point of view, I see it as talent that turns a 10 min useless cd into something that actually works in Arena.

  10. #90
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    1,000
    SOOOOO, how beefy is the infernal pet for soloing? Its considered a tank pet right? Would make my LK solos much easier atm with the hellfire aggro on ghouls lol. To make the fight easier i just use a imp and tank him and all the trash in the first phase with the juggernaught trinket equiped for the extra heals. Takes a few minutes longer to do but allows me to be lazy with the pet lol.

  11. #91
    I'm still on the "Pit Lord for demo" train.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish015 View Post
    I'm still on the "Pit Lord for demo" train.
    Don't worry, that will be our level 105 or 110 talent. Followed by Perma Pit Lord at 120. =)

  13. #93
    Can I just summon lord jarraxus please? I mean that trifling gnome did it back in wotlk and here we are at level 100 summoning the same demons. I'd love to see a jarraxus-esc demon call me trifling when I summon it only to be bound to my will even if I have to slap it around a bit first.
    Last edited by cauzt1cz; 2014-09-16 at 10:43 AM.

  14. #94
    Still no Service Infernal/Doomguards, still no moving the Servitude minions to the flip out summon menu for when the talent it selected, and still awfully tuned.

    Was this talent only ever meant as a placeholder or something? I mean it's clearly a trap for Demonology, and Sacrifice users of the other specs, cutting out a wide spectrum of potential audience from the outset. It's awfully tuned and objectively less good than the alternatives on offer outside of prolongued sustained AoE where the Infernal might beat out alternatives, or for incredibly intense movement where the pet damage would be desirable. Other than that it just doesn't seem to fit, and no real effort seems to have been put in to make it.

    The fact that it is evidently still not yet fully implemented after 6 months of testing, and 12 months since its announcement at Blizzcon is speaking volumes about Blizzard's own backing of the talent. It's hard not to take that as an extension of ignorance of the class itself given the continual raising of other issues like mobility and raid utility and silence those questions are met with.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Still no Service Infernal/Doomguards, still no moving the Servitude minions to the flip out summon menu for when the talent it selected, and still awfully tuned.

    Was this talent only ever meant as a placeholder or something? I mean it's clearly a trap for Demonology, and Sacrifice users of the other specs, cutting out a wide spectrum of potential audience from the outset. It's awfully tuned and objectively less good than the alternatives on offer outside of prolongued sustained AoE where the Infernal might beat out alternatives, or for incredibly intense movement where the pet damage would be desirable. Other than that it just doesn't seem to fit, and no real effort seems to have been put in to make it.

    The fact that it is evidently still not yet fully implemented after 6 months of testing, and 12 months since its announcement at Blizzcon is speaking volumes about Blizzard's own backing of the talent. It's hard not to take that as an extension of ignorance of the class itself given the continual raising of other issues like mobility and raid utility and silence those questions are met with.
    We still have a bit to go before it goes live and I see where you're going. I feel like an idiot using DemServ with my premade 100. It's just aweful. I just got the beta recently so if it's been this shitty for the last 6 months as you say, it's definitely a cause for concern in my eyes. Unless they fix it soon or pull a rabbit out of their hat right before live. It's just totally broken and makes the lvl 75 tier talents useless since GoSup doesn't even really help it much and GoServ is non existent with DemServ(disappointing...)
    Last edited by cauzt1cz; 2014-09-16 at 11:30 AM.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by cauzt1cz View Post
    We still have a bit to go before it goes live and I see where you're going. I feel like an idiot using DemServ with my premade 100. It's just aweful. I just got the beta recently so if it's been this shitty for the last 6 months as you say, it's definitely a cause for concern in my eyes. Unless they fix it soon or pull a rabbit out of their hat right before live. It's just totally broken and makes the lvl 75 tier talents useless since GoSup doesn't even really help it much and GoServ is non existent with DemServ(disappointing...)
    Conservative estimates at a release date for 6.0 put it like the end of this month. They have practically no time to tune/test/rebalance as is needed heavily.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Still no Service Infernal/Doomguards, still no moving the Servitude minions to the flip out summon menu for when the talent it selected, and still awfully tuned.
    I tweeted Celestalon about it for the 3rd time, still no reply.

    Let's be honest here, there is no reason to have delayed adding it this long. They clearly aren't planning to implement it at all, otherwise they'd have done it months ago.

  18. #98
    It would make no sense to not implement it at all. There are supremacy versions already so how do you get equal damage out of a doomguard as opposed to a terrorguard? That would be lame to be forced into supremacy for no real reason. Lazy game design imo.

  19. #99
    Banned Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,565
    awful talent

    the only thing that's cool about it is having an infernal as a pet

    but it's awful

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I tweeted Celestalon about it for the 3rd time, still no reply.

    Let's be honest here, there is no reason to have delayed adding it this long. They clearly aren't planning to implement it at all, otherwise they'd have done it months ago.
    Celestalon ‏@Celestalon Sep 2
    @126_Lan And Grimoire of Service does work with Doomguard and Infernal.


    It's meant to, it just doesn't and look at the date, it hasn't been fixed in subsequent builds either. This was something that was meant to happen a year ago, and still, a month from 6.0 going live, is not yet implemented; if it wasn't such a bad talent to start with, I'd be livid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •