Pet issues on Spoils HC

Hi Peeps!

Me pet keeps bugging out on Spoils, it will get stuck in or behind a box and is unable to attack. From some brief searching i think others are also experiencing the issue - anyone got any tips? I know i can dismiss but it happens often and is a real drain on dps.

Yesterday on Flex i tried swapping out Blink Strikes for Lynx Rush and i had no issues with the pet, how much DPS am i going to lose this way? Murder of Crows is an option but not ideal for BM or the Encounter.

Would appreciate your input, thx!

Im guessing this only happens at the start when you're killing the pandas? Since that's the only time it happens for me.

I usually avoid this by just delaying my start until the pandas have started running, it's also a little bit the tank's responsibility to get them away from the boxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I usually avoid this by just delaying my start until the pandas have started running, it's also a little bit the tank's responsibility to get them away from the boxes.
    this!

Our tank opens the box right at the entrance (where you jump down) and I disengage to the other misdirecting the second panda to the tank.

By this time, the first panda has been moved by the tank and I start attacking. This way my pet never gets stuck in any box.
    Also I have it on passive all the time and got used to commanding my pet manually for every new mob. This prevents assisted blink strikes to the new mobs. It causes some down time on the adds. But on this fight I really dont care, as I'm on spark-duty (not the ones from the urns) my downtime or for this matter my dps sucks anyway.

Im guessing this only happens at the start when you're killing the pandas? Since that's the only time it happens for me.

Will mention that to the tanks, just to confirm: You dont have issues other than at the start while using blink strikes? I really dont want to take Lynx Rush unless i absolutely have to.

Blink Strikes + sending in pet to mobs being tanked by any box.

If your pet gets stuck, just petpassive and it'll teleport next to you
    Retired hunter

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    If your pet gets stuck, just petpassive and it'll teleport next to you
    This doesn't always work for some reason.

It has never failed me
    Retired hunter

So I have to click pet passive specifically? Because calling my pet to follow me doesn't work.

just make a macro of /petpassive
    Retired hunter

An extra button I gotta press for only one fight in one situation? plz.

Okay..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    It has never failed me
    Well it certainly doesn't always work.

For example on siegecrafter belts it won't teleport to you if you disengage on and sometimes on spoils my pet gets stuck inside a box and i cant teleport it.

I think it's something to do with LoS and also whether or not the pet is in combat

For example if I disengage up before dismissing due to an error my pet will stand next to the pipe and it will only teleport after im past a certain point on the belt. It could also be the fact it's got LoS of the thing on the belt im telling it to attack.

On spoils it's probably a similar situation, my pet will get stuck in a box and will have no LoS with me or the target and it means I have to dismiss.

Ill give /petpassive a shot and if that doesnt work ill use Lynx Rush.

Also think it may have something to do with LoS cause i have had the issue mid fight but it happens rarely compared to the start with the Pandas.

Well it certainly doesn't always work.

For example on siegecrafter belts it won't teleport to you if you disengage on and sometimes on spoils my pet gets stuck inside a box and i cant teleport it.

I think it's something to do with LoS and also whether or not the pet is in combat

For example if I disengage up before dismissing due to an error my pet will stand next to the pipe and it will only teleport after im past a certain point on the belt. It could also be the fact it's got LoS of the thing on the belt im telling it to attack.

On spoils it's probably a similar situation, my pet will get stuck in a box and will have no LoS with me or the target and it means I have to dismiss.
    If your pet is attacking, or trying to attack something, then you pet passive it works fine. On siege, just send it to attack the boss before you disengage up and it works.
    Retired hunter

Real pros call the pet back while you're disengaging OFF the belt, so you have plenty of time to dismiss. :P

Anyways, for Spoils, I generally feel it's more on the tank to get the mobs clear of the boxes. If your pet is getting stuck in boxes, it means your tank is not only tanking them close to other boxes, but with their backs to the wall, which means his positioning sucks for melee too.

But /petpassive or even a Master's Call on yourself should do the trick if it does get stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Real pros call the pet back while you're disengaging OFF the belt, so you have plenty of time to dismiss. :P

Anyways, for Spoils, I generally feel it's more on the tank to get the mobs clear of the boxes. If your pet is getting stuck in boxes, it means your tank is not only tanking them close to other boxes, but with their backs to the wall, which means his positioning sucks for melee too.

But /petpassive or even a Master's Call on yourself should do the trick if it does get stuck.
    Real pro's just summon a new pet whilst disengaging off
    Retired hunter

Yeah, well, I only carry one spirit beast with me and apparently I'm the only hunter on our belts who knows how to mouseover heal with an ability. So I stick with the same pet.