Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, though they're no longer an issue since I've cut off contact with them completely. My father was a narcissist and an alcoholic and his parents were religious fanatics who claimed that my mother, sister and I deserved to be beaten because we didn't follow the Bible. Then there's various cousins, aunts and uncles who just generally don't seem to give a damn about anyone else unless it's convenient to them.

So my family now consists of my mother, sister, my partner and various close friends who I can trust and feel safe around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I'm the difficult one.
    This :c

Anyone have difficult family members?

Shouldn't it be "Anyone have straightforward family members?"

I think my dad is just too stubborn. It's his way is the right way, or there is no relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    In my situation the problem is she doesn't even know what I do during the day, and for a living. I'm not overweight and for the most part my income comes from investments. Does that make me lazy? I even run on the treadmill. It's just the arrogance and the fact that she's purposely trying to piss me off by saying something untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it a very controlled environment. Or is it more liberal?
    Liberal. Each to their own. We all have enormous respect for one another. We're all completely different (siblings). Parents have been together nearly 30 years, I admire them greatly. They raised us so well.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Liberal. Each to their own. We all have enormous respect for one another. We're all completely different (siblings). Parents have been together nearly 30 years, I admire them greatly. They raised us so well.
    This is what I want to build. Right now my wife, daughter and I have something similar. It's not perfect Brady bunch by no means, but it Is a healthy environment for us to grow. When you get used to that I guess it sucks having it taken away.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Anyone have difficult family members?

Shouldn't it be "Anyone have straightforward family members?"
    Hehe - I think most people have plenty of straightforward family members. But I guess in any family it is all about statistics, and the bigger the circle of people you have in your family, the greater becomes the probability of one or more of them falls into some or other category of "difficult".

Deleted
    This would be fun somewhat.

Picking random member of MMO-C and making hi psychologic profile based on his posts as well as background information. People give so much info about themselves on the net :P

Deleted
    Nah my family are fucking awesome. The only problem I have with about half of them is they are all a bit safe, boring and conventional.

Deleted
    My brother liked to burn things (a lot, even himself) and broke in to someone house one time (got caught when he felt bad and went to return the items)

My auntie had a husband who was a con man, he went through relationships convincing women to sell their houses and then kicked them out of his. He moved to america (we are from UK) and unbeknownst to him, and by crazy coincidence started dating my mums cousins boyfriends mum, and we warned her off him on time, a week or two before she sold her house!

Me, I was a 'thief' at like 10, stealing video games n shit off people. Just a wee shit but now the worst thing I do is smoke weed.

My second cousin is a FtM tranny which some people found hard to adjust to. Does not get along with a lot of my family due to their not liking his decisions regarding taking advantage of disability allowance when not needing it, his parents raised her (at the time) as a boy as the dad wanted a son, but did not take well to her being a lesbian too well

My mum had an awful temper, and would say really hurtful things. Every time I said something back to her as revenge I would cry when she was not looking as it made me feel so awful, no matter what she said she always meant so much to me that it never got to me, we have a good relationship now though.

Deleted
    Not family members but relatives. But I am just ignoring them. Cba to get involved with difficult people.

No family members, but got some difficult (or weird) relatives. Got an uncly who believes in some weird folklore about stones with healingpowers.. and some branch that can find underground waterstreams... and ley lines and shit

and a cousin with some kind of compulsunary disorder of lying.. its a little bit funny at first but gets annoying real fast since you can pretty much never have a conversation about anything without hearing some bogus about how a freind of his did this or that, or how something awesome improbable happend to him... (at one point when we were talking about wow he said he got invited to a onyxia pug and the entire nightslayer set dropped.... and he never gives in when confronted^^)

Deleted
    It's why people invented friends. You can choose them yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    This would be fun somewhat.

Picking random member of MMO-C and making hi psychologic profile based on his posts as well as background information. People give so much info about themselves on the net :P
    I thought about this a lot of times, the results would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I've never quite understood the attraction of having to like someone because they share the same DNA as you.
    If they don't like you, you you don't like them.. There is no need to try to make the relationship work.
    I agree, friends>family by a mile.

I personaly have a pretty normal family, there are still some people who ... aren't really to my liking. You still have to see them at family parties every now and then but I guess I can deal with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, my God, you have no idea.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
    Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
    Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
    Amen

Deleted
    Yeah, let's say it's difficult in the form my brother has ran at me with a knife once.

And my grandmother loathes me, which i return in equal measure

Both of my parents. Two reasons why neither of them have left yet... they don't want the other to get the house and it isn't practical on our income.

And it usually winds up with me and my (somewhat elderly) cousin in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I'm the difficult one.
    No, that's what they WANT you to believe. Don't follow the herd, my man.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is common to have family problems. I do not like ( no hatred ) my daughter in law because she is selfish and a master manipulator except when it comes to my wife and myself. And I think she does not like us because she sees we do not fall for her efforts to control the situation as she sees fit. But we tolerate her and try to be nice when around her because of our son and the two grandkids. Sometimes we need to put aside our dislike of someone because of others. It is called being unselfish. I also pray for her everyday. Not out of a conviction it is the right thing to do, but because I do care for her.