Re-directing a website

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help with this.

I'm in charge of updating/editing the website for our towns basketball association. I know nothing of website creation / domain stuff but I know enough how to edit the website (it's a Wix supported website).

Last year we secured our domain name for another 8 years (since there are other associations that would gladly grab up our abbreviated association name in town).

Lets say our website is "basketball.ca".

This year we also had a company (pointstreak) offer to run our website for us, so now our old website (basketball.ca) is still being used, but it isn't where all our new information is. The new website is "basketball.pointstreaksite.ca".

What I'm wondering is if when people go to our "basketball.ca" website, it gets redirected to "basketball.pointstreaksite.ca", so they don't have to type in the pointstreak site.

Let me know if anyone has questions

10+ Year Old Account
    update your DNS records so that basketball.ca points towards basketball.pointstreaksite.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    update your DNS records so that basketball.ca points towards basketball.pointstreaksite.ca
    I don't know what that means...

Not sure if this helps but...

Our domain name is from www.internic.ca

Our current website is being hosted by Wix.

Our new website is being hosted by Pointstreak.

I assume we can cancel our wix subscription and get the pointstreak one to redirect to our domain name?

10+ Year Old Account
    you need to log in to the domain account for internic.ca and set it to forward to the new hosting address