Thread: SoO mythic 20

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

SoO mythic 20

Hey everyone, now that we know the pre patch of WoD coming in mid Oct. Basically it will have the new talents, new raids structure, and new class changes to make it fit for the incoming expansion.

The question is...do you think SoO mythic difficulty (Heroic diffculty now) during pre WoD patch will be easier or harder than now? of course we will still be lvl 90 but a lot of changes will happen during this patch.

Personally I think it will be slightly harder than now because a lot of people (specially those who didn't play beta WoD) will not be as familiar with their class as now so they will probably play worse than they currently do in live which will affect the raid performance overall.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Blizzard has literally stated that Mythic SoO will be slightly easier than current heroic SoO to offset the new class mechanics etc - not much to discuss if you keep up with the blue posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Blizzard has literally stated that Mythic SoO will be slightly easier than current heroic SoO to offset the new class mechanics etc - not much to discuss if you keep up with the blue posts.
    I keep up with the blue posts and I remember that post even if technically SoO mythic will be indeed easier will it really be easier? because you know most of the players will be still practicing and getting used to their new class abilities and rotation and stuff like that (of course some classes didn't change much from MoP but yeah you get my point).

Every pre-expansion patch has always made the last raid tier easier. Usually it turns the raid zone into one big trash pull

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankage View Post
    Every pre-expansion patch has always made the last raid tier easier. Usually it turns the raid zone into one big trash pull
    I agree but I still think the new class changes will still affect some players performance nothing major but it will affect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This they know ppl Will have a Harder time so they make it Easier, ppl just have to remember that even tho it should be easier, u might wipe on farm content anyway. Bosses like thok will have alot of changes that might cause some wipe, but that should be 1 week of adjusting to that, Think Class changes Will be the biggest difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klit33 View Post
    This they know ppl Will have a Harder time so they make it Easier, ppl just have to remember that even tho it should be easier, u might wipe on farm content anyway. Bosses like thok will have alot of changes that might cause some wipe, but that should be 1 week of adjusting to that, Think Class changes Will be the biggest difference.
    Yup exactly it will take sometimes until everyone can perform as good as they do before the pre patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I keep up with the blue posts and I remember that post even if technically SoO mythic will be indeed easier will it really be easier? because you know most of the players will be still practicing and getting used to their new class abilities and rotation and stuff like that (of course some classes didn't change much from MoP but yeah you get my point).
    Don't remember a pre-expansion patch yet where we didn't become far more powerful with the next generation mechanics.

It is/was active on the beta and is much easier than current SoO:H, there's still a few tuning passes to be done on class balance but given how ahead of the curve will be removed and it's going to be 4 weeks until the content and gear becomes irrelevant you can bet top dollar that it'll be easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Case in point: Thok.

Blue posts have commented that Thok as it currently exists on live (5.4.8) can't be done in 6.0 because of the changes in healing. Thus that particular fight will be changed (most likely to be easier).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    How about Sigecrafter on Heroic/Mythic, how will tanks be able to nuke this down in time?

Hey everyone, now that we know the pre patch of WoD coming in mid Oct. Basically it will have the new talents, new raids structure, and new class changes to make it fit for the incoming expansion.

The question is...do you think SoO mythic difficulty (Heroic diffculty now) during pre WoD patch will be easier or harder than now? of course we will still be lvl 90 but a lot of changes will happen during this patch.

Personally I think it will be slightly harder than now because a lot of people (specially those who didn't play beta WoD) will not be as familiar with their class as now so they will probably play worse than they currently do in live which will affect the raid performance overall.

my guess, it will most probably some along with some kind of 10-20% nerf a la previous tiers this epxnasion nerf then new tier was coming out (like tot got 20 % nerf when soo went out)

Quote Originally Posted by Chigo View Post
    How about Sigecrafter on Heroic/Mythic, how will tanks be able to nuke this down in time?
    They get a buff on live. Increase said buff = still the same I'd imagine.

OT: The only problem I could see are fights with a lot of AoE healing, or like Thok. Which they've already said will be changed. So, all in all, it will definitely be easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my guess, it will most probably some along with some kind of 10-20% nerf a la previous tiers this epxnasion nerf then new tier was coming out (like tot got 20 % nerf when soo went out)
    Since hit/expertise is being replaced with stats directly contributing to dps (haste/mastery/crit/versatility/multistrike), can that also be counted as a nerf to SOO? From my understanding, if you were a caster dps and were hit capped, you'd now have that 15% hit reallocated to more useful secondary stats.
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2014-08-19 at 01:29 PM. Reason: wording and clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    36 kills, 0 drops.

Guy gets it on his first kill? Grrr...

Grats though!
    People need to start using quotes more, I'm confused. :<
    Quote Originally Posted by mezmer1411 View Post
    Since hit/expertise is being replaced with stats directly contributing to dps (haste/mastery/crit/versatility/multistrike), can that also be counted as a nerf to SOO? From my understanding, if you were a caster dps and were hit capped, you'd now have that 15% hit reallocated to more useful secondary stats.
    In terms of stats on your gear yeah, but I imagine SoO will be tuned with that in mind, seeing as they'll know our DPS via their sims and testing.

Deleted

it will be easier, there are no big class changes this expansion that makes rotation different ect so thats not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you're also forgetting that reforging is gone. So all the tweaks people have done are being reverted back to unreforged stats. Gear that has hit/exp will get those converted to other secondaries.

In general, you might find yourself with skewed stats because you aren't able to stack certain secondaries as high as previously.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

As most people in this thread have echo'ed its going to get easier. Remember Hit/Exp are gone off of all gear so then you are now you just have to focus pure stats. Just think and full LFR full of people THAT ARE ACTUALLY HIT CAPPED! My cup run-ith over

Deleted
    Btw, are we getting the new enchants as well in prepatch?

I've copied my holy paladin to beta and to my plesant surprise I have 3% more mastery than I had on live - even with reforging gone. Not much, but still helps.

Btw, are we getting the new enchants as well in prepatch?

I've copied my holy paladin to beta and to my plesant surprise I have 3% more mastery than I had on live - even with reforging gone. Not much, but still helps.
    That's likely because the Spirit on your gear pieces that will not have Spirit on them come 6.0+ will be changed to a different secondary stat. In this case, it was likely Mastery.