Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    ^ I'm guessing the same. And in the end it took them longer than expected, but they didn't want to bring back the broken one again blah blah.

I didn't think W2 was that bad.. I wouldn't mind if they opened up Super Adventure Box all the time, that way I could work on getting the rest of the green weapons

I still don't think it is gone forever though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I didn't think W2 was that bad.. I wouldn't mind if they opened up Super Adventure Box all the time, that way I could work on getting the rest of the green weapons

I still don't think it is gone forever though lol.
    Hope springs eternal, but I wouldn't bother keeping any characters at the entrance.

I totally missed out on SAB,... hope they bring it back sometime so i can jump around on it XD

All I can say is good riddance.

I know some people really enjoyed it, but I honestly thought it was a steaming pile of monkey turds that had no place in an MMO.

Although I don't see any reason why they couldn't just keep it in-game permanently for anyone that wanted to do it. People like me would just avoid it like the plague though. No harm done either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

I know some people really enjoyed it, but I honestly thought it was a steaming pile of monkey turds that had no place in an MMO.

Although I don't see any reason why they couldn't just keep it in-game permanently for anyone that wanted to do it. People like me would just avoid it like the plague though. No harm done either way.
    Yeah, arenanet wtf give us the same monotonous bs mmo's have been giving us since everquest pls!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Yeah, arenanet wtf give us the same monotonous bs mmo's have been giving us since everquest pls!
    Totally not what I meant, but take it however you want. I personally found SAB to be uber boring and not worth the time or energy. A little part of me was overjoyed to hear how SAB will potentially not be returning, even though I really don't mess with GW2 anymore. Call it a guilty pleasure, but I found the announcement satisfying to say the least :P. SAB annoyed me from the get-go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

It had every right to be in an MMO, it of course felt out of place in a fantasy RPG :P

zephyr is more into forum trolling than videogames

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-09-01 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    zephyr is more into forum trolling than videogames

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    I think his response was correct and properly structured.

(1) He stated his personal opinion that he doesn't like SAB, and (2) that he thinks it has no place in an MMO.
    He then went on to say that (3) ANet should've kept it in-game permanently for people who actually liked it, which is a very democratic and PC point of view.

The only part you could potentially argue with is (2), which is a topic open to discussion.

There was literally zero trolling here until you replied. *rollseyes*

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It had every right to be in an MMO, it of course felt out of place in a fantasy RPG :P
    I guess you are right to a degree. It's just that I personally found it to be out of place for some reason. I honestly can't quite put a finger on why I feel that way, just that I do.

What ashame, i didn't know this was in gw2. It's the kinda thing i like and would've got me to try it more, but alas - now it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    There was literally zero trolling here until you replied. *rollseyes*
    Posting simply to call another poster a troll is unproductive and contributes nothing to the thread. If you think someone is trolling, report them and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    What ashame, i didn't know this was in gw2. It's the kinda thing i like and would've got me to try it more, but alas - now it is gone.
    If there is one thing ANet seem good at, its restricting access to content permanently.

I think it's a pretty questionable move. I consider a lot of ArenaNet's design decisions are pretty bizarre though which is why I've never really managed to invest in Guild Wars 2 to the extent that I originally intended. It would have been brilliant if it had been added as a permanent feature rather than a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I think it's a pretty questionable move. I consider a lot of ArenaNet's design decisions are pretty bizarre though which is why I've never really managed to invest in Guild Wars 2 to the extent that I originally intended. It would have been brilliant if it had been added as a permanent feature rather than a temporary thing.
    You and me both. They had great ideas, but the execution since release has been seriously flawed. Many things they've done have made me go "WTF!?" Their "direction" with the game since about 3 months after release has slowly pushed me away. I pretty much don't play anymore. I keep the game client updated "just in case" (still waiting for Anet to come to their senses, but they seem to be permanently stuck in their Living Story haze/addiction). I'm just about ready to delete it off my computer and say to hell with it for good. Just like I did with WoW a few months after Cataclysm launched.

SWTOR is the only MMO that I still play with any kind of regularity/purpose and I still mainly just dink around on it with alts and group finder. I'm starting to think I've grown out of my "MMO phase". Although Destiny and The Division look like fun and I will be playing them both (although to be fair, those aren't true MMOs, they just have MMO aspects to them).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-09-03 at 09:18 AM.

This makes me incredibly angry. I loved SAB (though 2 made me rage so hard. Seriously I would never be able to record a livestream of me playing that on twitch, I'd be banned). But to me the things I loved most about GW2 have nothing to do with the damn living story they are so hung up on. I think Arenanet needs to get their priorities straight. There are three things I loved about GW2. SAB, Jump Puzzles and WvsW. The rest to me is rather boring and lame.