Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is this reportable

ok so I'm trying to level my warlock alt and anytime I set foot out of a capital city this same horde rogue camps me. ANY ZONE I go in I end up being camped by the same rogue so far I've been camped for hours in Red-ridge mountains, STV and badlands. Is this definition griefing or will the "LOL pvp server" excuse stick? Cause currently I can only play when this player is either logged out or I sit in SW and do nothing but instances.

Its a pvp server, so its all right
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a PvP server, it is not reportable as it is as intended.

Deleted
    If someone annoy you in a PVP server get a group of friends and make him pay with the same medicine. Let's see how he like not being able to play for hours.

Of course you can report it

Whether anything will be done...

If legitimately the same player has been camping you for hours; they could consider it griefing; but as most of the system is automated these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I cant kill him he sits stealthed and wont come out if ANY 90s are around or I switch to main. He just hides with subterfuge/shruikan. He has to be /whoing me to camp me in every area I am going. I'll finally get away and go to the opposite continent do a few quests and boom I'm being camped again. How is this just "Pvp server"

Same guy for hours preventing you from playing the game is griefing.

If he's continuously following you it may cross into harassment and be reportable.

Being able to know where you are all the time may be suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by dousedingasoline View Post
    I cant kill him he sits stealthed and wont come out if ANY 90s are around or I switch to main. He just hides with subterfuge/shruikan. He has to be /whoing me to camp me in every area I am going. I'll finally get away and go to the opposite continent do a few quests and boom I'm being camped again. How is this just "Pvp server"
    He shouldn't be able to /who you if you're on the opposite faction?

But yeah I believe there is a point where if it's continuous(Like for a couple of hours or something, I dunno) it is reportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Same guy for hours preventing you from playing the game is griefing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If he's continuously following you it may cross into harassment and be reportable.
    Not on PvP servers.

Deleted
    ok so I'm trying to level my warlock alt and anytime I set foot out of a capital city this same horde rogue camps me. ANY ZONE I go in I end up being camped by the same rogue so far I've been camped for hours in Red-ridge mountains, STV and badlands. Is this definition griefing or will the "LOL pvp server" excuse stick? Cause currently I can only play when this player is either logged out or I sit in SW and do nothing but instances.
    All part of PvP realm life, unless it's done verbally

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

PvP Realm Policies
    The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

• Corpse camping.
    • Killing players well below your level.

Ongoing Harassment
    The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply to PvP. PvP encounters are considered a facet of normal gameplay and can be resolved through combat or other ingame means. Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...realm-policies

This is griefing, bordering on harassment. Report him.

Not sure if something will be done though, as most people will be all "lol its a pvp server u cnt take the heat!!". My advice; transfer to a PvE server. Not worth staying on servers where every toxic person ever can just execute their shitty behaviour freely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He shouldn't be able to /who you if you're on the opposite faction?
    He has to be because he's killing me in completely different zones no way he is just getting lucky and finding my character in such a different location. Only time I'm currently safe to quest is like really early in the morning before this rogue wakes up. He isn't even killing other players just me.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like you should be playing on a pve server not pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    It is a PvP server, see above your post.

You can report it. That does sound like it goes above and beyond the normal 'lol pvp server'. But Blizzard will probably not do anything. He's probably multi-boxing and has you on his friends list (you won't see him on yours). Or maybe he's an ex-guildy or someone you pissed off and now he's just camping you.

Maybe you can make a Horde toon and whisper him.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    It is a PvP server, see above your post.
    I would say if he OP isn't leaving out any details this has gone to the extreme harassment side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Not on PvP servers.
    Yes. There is a limit where Blizzard no longer consider it "just pvp". If it's ongoing and relentless they will eventually do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Good luck with that on a PvP server.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Yes. There is a limit where Blizzard no longer consider it "just pvp". If it's ongoing and relentless they will eventually do something about it.

Which is a very high limit, and generally only if there is no way to solve the problem with pvp.

You could try reporting him on the grounds that he's following you to every zone for hours a day and therefore it's harassment. Nothing may come of it, but what do you have to lose?