Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Please stop spreading your corrupting influence to US <3
    Fixed it.
    We have "proms", but not something as static/boring/formal as in the US movies.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/r270/230188_896964144574_1673867416_n.jpg

Here you go!
    I see what you did, the token black in the bottom middle and the shaolin monk on the left to reach out to the asian market. I see your game. Not to mention a Sid Vicious/Annie Lennox cross with red hair at the top left!

I'd link mine but they're even worse, I went to a private school and whilst we had a few indians and asians we had 3 people you'd consider to be black. Out of 120. The ratio was not good, but it was a very white dominated area.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I see what you did, the token black in the bottom middle and the shaolin monk on the left to reach out to the asian market. I see your game. Not to mention a Sid Vicious/Annie Lennox cross with red hair at the top left!

I'd link mine but they're even worse, I went to a private school and whilst we had a few indians and asians we had 3 people you'd consider to be black. Out of 120. The ratio was not good, but it was a very white dominated area.
    Well we probably should have had more asian/latino people in that shot. Our school was only like 1-2% black, but it was like 20% latino and like 40% asian. It's not like we didn't hang out with asian people constantly, so I don't know why they aren't better represented in that photo.

The guy in the dress in the picture is one of three guys who came to the prom in dresses, from different social groups. The guy in the photo's girlfriend came in a tux.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Prom, not really. We do have (atleast when i was still in highschool) schoolparty´s. The school would rent out a club, and all the pupils went there for a 2 euro entrance fee.
    The club would provide all the services they normally would on a saturday night. Party would last from 20:30 to about 13;00. This would occur about 5 to 6 times a year. Theres also a christmas Gala. At all those parties 16 and up would get a wristband for alcohol, so minors coulnd get drinks. Didnt stop them from coming to us and pay double or triple the price to get it for em. Free drinks xD

Senior year we had a seniors only night. Clubbing first, and everyone slept in tents at the schools outdoor sports facility. I think about 5 new lifes were born that night, so they cancelled that last part for later senior nights.

Besides from that, there were a couple of kids with a buisiness mindset. They would rent the same places occasionally and ask a 5 buck entrance fee. But those were only available from age 16 and up due to no control on alcohol usage.

This would be awesome. U.S. proms are complete bullshit, got thrown out of both of them for showing up with my breath smelling of alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Well we probably should have had more asian/latino people in that shot. Our school was only like 1-2% black, but it was like 20% latino and like 40% asian. It's not like we didn't hang out with asian people constantly, so I don't know why they aren't better represented in that photo.

The guy in the dress in the picture is one of three guys who came to the prom in dresses, from different social groups. The guy in the photo's girlfriend came in a tux.
    Yeah we wouldn't have had anyone who'd do that sort of thing. Everyone just dressed normally even for those events. We had a non uniform day and this weird kid (he genuinely had some kind of problem) showed up in his traditional indian clothing. He got sent home from school or suggested that he should change (kek) I can't remember which as he wasn't in any of my classes.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

i had a great prom years ago, but i dont really see the point of it. for one night you spend tons of money to make it look like you have made something out of yourself, just to realize you haven't done jack the next morning.

its the same like any friday night, except you are paying $1000 for a suit and a rental car.

In Australia, some years ago - we had a Senior Formal, which is close to but pretty different to the 'prom' that I see in movies (no idea how that compares to reality).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah we wouldn't have had anyone who'd do that sort of thing. Everyone just dressed normally even for those events. We had a non uniform day and this weird kid (he genuinely had some kind of problem) showed up in his traditional indian clothing. He got sent home from school or suggested that he should change (kek) I can't remember which as he wasn't in any of my classes.
    Eh, our teachers at the prom just shook their heads, smiled, and said something like, "Kids these days..."

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not in Canada either. I don't even think we had school dances.
    They exist in Canada, just not to the same extent. I had elementary and high school proms.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a final year prom in my high school. And it was even called a prom.

This was in Scotland though... and was nothing like a US prom because it was all ceilidh dancing...

Deleted
    We have them in Denmark, aswell. I spent most of my time drunk hitting on a girl, getting her number and all. Only to realize the next day that she was ugly and I wasn't really attracted to her, and that drinking makes you do stupid things. Needless to say I still feel guilty about leading her on, but im a dude, so whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    We have them in Denmark, aswell. I spent most of my time drunk hitting on a girl, getting her number and all. Only to realize the next day that she was ugly and I wasn't really attracted to her, and that drinking makes you do stupid things. Needless to say I still feel guilty about leading her on, but im a dude, so whatever
    That happened to me only once. When I woke up next to her in the morning, she turned to me and said, "So where do you want to take this relationship," and I replied, "Ummmm, I don't know you."

10+ Year Old Account
    That one, Shannon... Man if you have stretch marks at what? 17? That's some bad fucking news right there.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

just out of curiosity proms are more common in private school or they do that even in public one?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    just out of curiosity proms are more common in private school or they do that even in public one?
    I would say it's more common in public schools than private or parochial schools.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    We had a Prom at my school, hell I went to 3 I think, finishing GCSE's, finishing A-Levels and then another one for something I can't remember.

Also what's wrong with that kids face, he seems so pointy.