Poll: Which future expansion theme do you like best?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Favorite Future Expansion Theme

What is your favorite future expansion theme? It could be a combination of the ones I listed, or something else entirely... but I tried to list the most common ones I've seen brought up in the past.

Personally I really like the idea of some sort of Azshara + Old Gods expansion, as speculated on when we thought "The Dark Below" would be the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really love pirate fantasies. so a pirate themed expansion would be really fun for me. much like i enjoyed MoP and its theme, a pirate expansion would be amazing. but there are aspects of "the dark below" speculation i would hope to omit from my idea of a pirate theme. i dont want naga, no do i want complete underwater zones either. Vash'jir was very pretty, for recreational scuba diving, but not for questing.

so a south seas islands could be fun if it was mostly islands, not mostly underwater as to where the action is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Anxiously awaiting the epic expansion... "World of Warcraft: Thrall's Adventures around Azeroth"
    Where Thrall will accompany us on a Raid in the Emeral Dream, one in Nazjatar, one in the South Sea Islands and then the final Raid will be helping the Horde take Stormwind... even for Alliance players.

Once that's over we can finally get back to some stories about the Horde!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I'd like to see an expansion that involved attempting to revive/rescue/redeem the planets already devastated by the burning legion.

Everything relating to the Legion, since it will be a remastered BC track.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara/Old Gods with South Seas included, or other planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see an Azshara expansion with her as the main villain and some legion/old god material. My second favorite is the underground spider kingdom idea that I read on this forum some time ago. Honestly at this point I'll take anything that isn't Orc themed, so damn sick of Orcs.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

7+ Year Old Account
    For the final time, there is no "other side of Azeroth". Azeroth is a globe. Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are roughly where Europe/Asia and North America are. The Maelstrom (roughly speaking) would be in the center of the Atlantic Ocean if it were on Earth. Kalimdor is on one "side" of Azeroth, Eastern Kingdoms is the other "side". This is VERY clear to see on the various globes you see in Titan facilities.

There are still places left to explore on Azeroth though. Naz'jatar which is in the ocean under or near the Maelstrom (actually underwater, not through the portal into Deepholm). Kul'Tiras is floating out there somewhere. There are a TON of unexplored islands (South Seas, etc).

Would definitley say Azshara/Old Gods, an undiscovered continent or South Sea islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    For the final time, there is no "other side of Azeroth". Azeroth is a globe. Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are roughly where Europe/Asia and North America are. The Maelstrom (roughly speaking) would be in the center of the Atlantic Ocean if it were on Earth. Kalimdor is on one "side" of Azeroth, Eastern Kingdoms is the other "side". This is VERY clear to see on the various globes you see in Titan facilities.
    If you look at some of these globes, there is quite a large ocean on the side of Azeroth opposite the Maelstrom. It is possible there could be another continent there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth's undergrounds, islands, and remaining Titan cities.

And other planets. Lots and lots of planets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Would definitley say Azshara/Old Gods, an undiscovered continent or South Sea islands.

If you look at some of these globes, there is quite a large ocean on the side of Azeroth opposite the Maelstrom. It is possible there could be another continent there.
    That would really be reaching, it would have to be another magically hidden continent like Pandaria. That would be Azeroth's equivalent of the Pacific ocean. Islands I could definitely see though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara/Old Gods has been really popular in the last few polls Blizzard.

HINT HINT DAWG

I wish Blizzard would realize what story lines are the most exciting and interesting. Burning Legion, Titans, Old Gods. Not Pandaren and Horde vs. Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Azshara/Old Gods has been really popular in the last few polls Blizzard.

HINT HINT DAWG
    I guess I must be in the minority, but I LOVED Vashj'ir, and I would love to see another zone like it. I want the Abyssal Maw raid, and Naz'jatar as a Vashj'ir type underwater zone. Just think, they could return to the idea of Abyssal Maw, have us rescue Neptulon (who the giant squid ran off with at the end of the 5-man), and have us face Aszhara as the end boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize what story lines are the most exciting and interesting. Burning Legion, Titans, Old Gods. Not Pandaren and Horde vs. Alliance.
    I agree there. And it's funny how Pandaria turned out to be very focused on the Old Gods after all (with the Sha being decaying Old God corpse more or less).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I guess I must be in the minority, but I LOVED Vashj'ir, and I would love to see another zone like it. I want the Abyssal Maw raid, and Naz'jatar as a Vashj'ir type underwater zone. Just think, they could return to the idea of Abyssal Maw, have us rescue Neptulon (who the giant squid ran off with at the end of the 5-man), and have us face Aszhara as the end boss.
    I wasn't being facetious, it's been doing well in recent poll threads like this. A lot of people want it, they just tend to be a little quieter than the Legion crowd. I loved Vashj'ir and think the Azshara/N'Zoth xpac should have been xpac 4 after Cata

I wish expansions didn't have to be a "hmm, which evil thing or place have we not been to yet, that would clearly make good expansion ideas."

South Seas? The biggest thing in the South Seas is Pandaria, so forget that.
    Emerald Dream? Basically just a green Azeroth without civilisations and buildings. It would get rather tiring very quickly.

I would like to think expansions are born out of a developed storyline, not for the sake of "now this baddie is dead, lets think of another to play the antagonist!"

Still, from what we know about the Grom fight having heavy Legion influences, it could be that we're in for a Legion expansion. Then again, if we were told the Garrosh fight had heavy Old God influences, I'm sure we'd say we were in for an Old God expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    This is also what I think. Would be awesome to continue in the tracks of the Burning Legion, corrupted and imprisoned members of pantheon in structures of titan origin.. Pandaria feels like a joke to me when I am thinking about the overall lore.

Ideally, something new entirely, so long as it doesn't break the established lore.

I'm still waiting for my War of the Ancients expansion. Old Azeroth, with regions lost during the Sundering, complete with life that was rendered extinct because of it.

Primary antagonists? Infinite Dragons. Let's do it.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara, Old Gods (N'Zoth), Emerald Dream & South Seas would be one Expansion together.

So I voted for all 4 of them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    This is also what I think. Would be awesome to continue in the tracks of the Burning Legion, corrupted and imprisoned members of pantheon in structures of titan origin.. Pandaria feels like a joke when I am thinking about the overall lore.
    I think they know well and good what's what here. But we need to mix things up. People, whether it's from not being very old yet or whatever, see these 2 year gaps I guess in a much longer period of time than the blink of an eye it can be to others. There needs to be some diversity in the themes or we will just burn out faster than usual I think, and the same goes for the creative development teams.

After Cataclysm, it was just burning the developers out creating more spikes and flames and lava. You can see in Pandaria what a total recharge of the creative batteries it was for them, stretching out their legs and creative muscles, blowing the dust out of the seams. You could see their imaginations were firing in a totally turbo charged way with all the tiny nuances and secrets and embellishments crammed into the world design and visuals. Easter Eggs abound! Pandaria is basically a giant continent of Nagrand or Scholozar Basin type zones. Usually one majestic and beautiful place is among the dark and gritty, but this was an entire continent of majestic and enchanted landscapes. And anyone who was familiar with the lore knew the mysterious island of Pandaria was rumored to be out there somewhere.

The entire use of the word "joke" as a basic for criticism in a discussion about WOW seems absurd to me. Every single race is a joke race, a 4th wall breaking spoof reflecting a serious world juxtaposed in a way Blizzard is very unique at handling, similar to the way you compare Warhammer's miniatures and sculpts and paintjobs to the artwork of Games Workshop's concept art. It's true there is a balance in that recipe you risk meddling with every time you adjust it, but I think people don't realize what they've been up to themselves all this time when they try to dismiss something as not serious enough for WOW.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-19 at 12:03 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW