Solo'ing normal 10 madness and rag

Do you have to do anything special for these 2? Or are they a straight spank and tank?

For normal 10 they are both fairly straightforward and do not require very much damage; on Rag you can use deterrence when the Sons of Flame come into the hammer to block any of the explosion damage although I don't remember the damage being lethal in normal unless all 7 or 8 sons hit; heroic 1 is ~600k; so 2 consecutively = lethal. Rag is sort of annoying to do with blink strikes as a BM hunter because the boss has a huge hitbox and your pet will teleport behind the boss to spots you cannot reach him to mend pet so AMoC is usually a better choice.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-08-18 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Madness is fairly straight forward. Kill things that come out, keep killing things that come out, boss dies, collect loot. Something to note- if you manage to kill multiple tentacles within a close time to each other (~5-10 seconds), you will keep the ability of one of the aspects for the rest of the fight. (I would dps one tentacle to 10%, swap to nearby one, dps it to 10%, then kill first, quickly kill second, have 3 buffs and only need to kill 2 more tentacles. repeat for quick fight)

Ragnaros is a bit more tricky. Of course, make sure your pet has aggro, keep it healed. Focus one of the sides during hammer. kite meteor. Make sure to keep some focus so you can quickly rez pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Madness isn't hard, it's getting to Madness which is a pain in the ass. Spine can be tricky without good pet micro. And I'm obviously having some mental block or something on Ultraxion because I have no fucking idea what I'm doing wrong on that fight. Luckily I know people willing to duo it with me, but yeah, I'm brain farting on Ultra and not really thinking it through.

Spine is actually easier (solo) as a hunter because your pet doesn't count for rolls so you just stand in the middle the whole time and move your pet as you please.

Im using my own lockout at madness so Im not worried about spine. Thank god.

For Rag will I have to rotate pets or is it possible to keep it up with just mend pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    Im using my own lockout at madness so Im not worried about spine. Thank god.

For Rag will I have to rotate pets or is it possible to keep it up with just mend pet?
    For 10 normal you can just keep the same pet out the whole time; just make sure you keep mending up and the pet should never die

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Madness isn't hard, it's getting to Madness which is a pain in the ass. Spine can be tricky without good pet micro. And I'm obviously having some mental block or something on Ultraxion because I have no fucking idea what I'm doing wrong on that fight. Luckily I know people willing to duo it with me, but yeah, I'm brain farting on Ultra and not really thinking it through.

Spine is actually easier (solo) as a hunter because your pet doesn't count for rolls so you just stand in the middle the whole time and move your pet as you please.
    I only did it once, but I think all you have to do is port out with fading light at .5 sec or something. If you get out too soon, boss resets as no one's left (or you die, cant remember), too late, well you die too. So fading light is pretty much the thing to watch for, only use your extra action at the very very last moment.

It's been a while so I can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I only did it once, but I think all you have to do is port out with fading light at .5 sec or something. If you get out too soon, boss resets as no one's left (or you die, cant remember), too late, well you die too. So fading light is pretty much the thing to watch for, only use your extra action at the very very last moment.

It's been a while so I can't be sure.
    Fading light does not go out if its just you and your pet so you do not have to worry about that.

My problem is always the damage that goes out. I can keep my pet up, but even with spirit bond I drop low pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My problem is always the damage that goes out. I can keep my pet up, but even with spirit bond I drop low pretty quickly.

This is really old; but goes over the timings and requirements that it took when I had a lot less gear; anyone 580+ could crush it doing it this way nowadays; with a lot of room for error.

I think I used the juggernaut trinket for ultraxion and went survival

Umm, there's a video that BM hunter zerg ultraxtron less than a minute solo. 580+ help speed things up :3

Last edited by Thirstblood; 2014-08-24 at 04:07 AM.

I guess I haven't tried this since 545ish ilvl now, maybe I should go in with my extra 40 ilvls and see how it goes.

Yeah most of my soloing happened at about 550 so a lot of things would be easier now. Spine heroic is still impossible right?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Yeah most of my soloing happened at about 550 so a lot of things would be easier now. Spine heroic is still impossible right?
    Debuff hits for a lot; even with a glyphed deterrence and comes out too frequently; so for now yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    Debuff hits for a lot; even with a glyphed deterrence and comes out too frequently; so for now yes.
    That's a shame, would've loved to solo 10 man heroic DS for giggles :/

I was able to solo him today but my pet kept going behind him then in front of him and would randomly go behind him again which made healing it a hassle. Is there a way to fix that or will I always have to go into Rag's melee range to heal it and then step back out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    I was able to solo him today but my pet kept going behind him then in front of him and would randomly go behind him again which made healing it a hassle. Is there a way to fix that or will I always have to go into Rag's melee range to heal it and then step back out?
    Don't use Blink Strikes; use AMoC instead; pet will almost always be in range to mend.