Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Parasites can't breed anywhere as long as you don't introduce them to the environment yourself. You can leave your contacts in your eyes for two years straight as long as you don't go wandering around in mud, weird areas of this planet, or intentionally put your face in stuff that's potentially dangerous.
    Of course the only problem with what you've written is that it's rubbish...

The parasite is commonly found in soil, dust, showers, and even swimming pools. When it makes contact with unclean lenses, it starts feeding on the bacteria on them, and if they happen to be on someone's eyes, the parasite burrows down to where it can start feeding on the cornea

So you don't need to do anything except have your eye's open and have dirty lenses (which you don't change) get your cornea eaten, did you read the story at all?

Deleted
    this doesnt happen if you are just a normal being and wash your contacts inbetween uses instead of going full retard and wear them for days on no end, it also becomes pretty uncomferteble if you wear them without pauses.

Deleted
    When will I learn to not google every single thing I don't know...

All of my nope. *boards Nope train to Nopecity

Deleted
    I've used contact lenses for 2 years, they where a pain, I started going back to glasses because they started to irritate after a week or so, while they where supposed to last for a month.

Anyway, with my eyes lazered, none of that nonsense for me anymore. 3000€ per eye and the second eye was free, good thing I only had 2 of my eyes done

However lazer surgury is not for everyone, horrible fact for the weak hearthed: you are awake during.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    This being said, I'm super lazy and I leave my contacts in my eyes for quite some time. That's why I bought these ultra luxury, super expensive, 24h keep it on even during the night - lenses.

I take them out whenever my eyes start to feel shitty. Then I wear like 2/3 days glasses, mostly over the weekend. Then I go back to my lenses.

/lol at people who think lenses are weird/dangerous/disgusting to deal with
    This. I got ones that you can wear 24/7 for a month straight, then you change them. That's what I've been doing, no problems at all, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any lens at all except the obvious increase in eyesight. Haven't had any problems so far, used them for a year.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewpewNL View Post
    Same thoughts, it's not possible to wear them even longer than 24 hours, believe me I tried. So it must be that she used long-term lenses and not cleaned them properly. Unlucky. I really don't believe she had them in for 6 months straight, your eyes simply dry out. So must be a media teaser to make you read...

Also, I use One-day contacts, bit more expensive, but if you write down the name of the brand and know your eye-data so to speak you can just order them online and that's WAY cheaper than keep buying at your local opticien.
    She actually let them in for 6 months. giving the amoeba a nice little feeding ground underneath the lenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a fuckin derp
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.