Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Players spent $225 each to raid SoO (15 months at $15 each). That's 1.46 billion dollars assuming 6.5m subs. SoO probably didn't even cost 1/100th of that. This is a subscription based game. If they are going to throw out "mini-expansions" they should be free. I already feel paying for expansions doesn't make sense but do they really expect people to pay $15/m and $50/year at the same time?

What's the point of our monthly fee if we have to spend $50 on 2 raid tiers?
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2014-08-19 at 05:25 PM.

Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one. On the plus side we'll get to go a few thousand years back in the past to yet another alternate Draenor and kill Grom's great great great great great great great great great grandfather. We'll be stopping him from inventing fire on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Players spent $225 each to raid SoO (15 months at $15 each). That's 1.46 billion dollars assuming 6.5m subs.
    You think 6.5 million people have done SoO?

Do you know there are some people who have never done LFR, and don't want to? On top of this they don't want to raid at all, and on top of this that they make up the majority of the wow population?

Crazy I know!

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Time to change my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

Good thing KJ isn't in this expansion, he needs to stay away until we finally kill him, and even then he shouldn't be the endboss of that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    You think 6.5 million people have done SoO?

Do you know there are some people who have never done LFR, and don't want to? On top of this they don't want to raid at all, and on top of this that they make up the majority of the wow population?

Crazy I know!
    It doesn't matter, you are missing the point. They still had 6.5m subs (or more) thorough all of SoO. That's still 1.46 billion dollars during a single 15 month long raid. There is no reason why that can't fund the expansion and then some. We shouldn't be charged for expansions to begin with, let alone $50 for a 2 tier expansion.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2014-08-19 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Remember the first 4 expansions had close to 20 full blown five man dungeons. Wonder how many WoD will have?
    Classic cannot be counted in the same sense as expansions, so we can scratch that off your list right away.

Burning Crusade had fifteen at launch, and one added later.

Wrath of the Lich King had twelve at launch, and four added later.

Cataclysm had seven at launch, and five added later.

Mists of Pandaria had nine at launch, and nothing added. However, lets not overlook that Mists had twenty-six scenarios, some of which were individual and some of which were added later, but that is still a large piece of content.

Your point doesn't seem to quite add up. That being said, Warlords' proposed seven (I think), should be fairly adequate when paired with scenarios. We may still get some added in yet, as I don't believe that we've heard definitively that there won't be additional dungeons.
    Last edited by Monkiy; 2014-08-19 at 05:51 PM.

Theres more to this game than just raiding.....

Did I read it right?
    1)The plan is for now to have +2 raids after the WoD first tier? I mean like MoP had ToT and SoO.
    2)Or just have starting raid + final raid and expansion is done?

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    No they didn't <.<
    You are right i double checked it

Vanilla had 20 Dungeons and 4 Raids

BC had 16 Dungeons and 8 Raids

Wrath had 16 Dungeons and 9 Raids

Cata had 12 Dungeons and 6 Raids

MOP had 9 Dungeons (3 of them were Vanilla dungeons) and 5 Raids

I did not realize MoP offered 50% of what Burning Crusade offered. It kind of makes sense considering content stopped being developed for MOP 50% through the expansion.

Good. I hope raiding dies.

Then they can spend some time putting in actual content which can be enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    At least the expansions will come out quicker?
    Which is sad because it is not going to be as enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    "Johan Trasch: So maybe only two Raid-Tiers and a new Expansion after one, one and a half year?
    Tom Chilton: Yep, In theorie. In practice this could look different"
    For once, I'm actively hoping it doesn't work out.

If there's one thing that's clearly just trying to grab the $40 and say "screw you" to players, it's yearly expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    World of Wisconsin. We travel to the real world to fight the minions of the latest Old god, Kurdwheychez the unudderable. Introducing the long-awaited cow level.
    <WIP All Around>

Quote Originally Posted by newpower View Post
    So on top of all the things that are cutted/removed and on top of the price increase we gettin one less raid tier and they are not even sure that next x-pac will come faster its only on theory man i am gettin pissed right now
    They haven't cut anything. They aren't taking a raid tier out. They where talking about the time between the expansion if it got to the point of MoP they wouldn't add another and process the new expansion before so we don't eat 14 months of no content again.... Get the info before getting all QQ mode. calm your titties

Pay more, get less.

A yearly expansion is fine if it is half the price of today's expansions and contains at least as much as half a standard expansion. Otherwise bye bye, it'll become really to expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Good. I hope raiding dies.

Then they can spend some time putting in actual content which can be enjoyed.
    Yep, because raiding has never been actual content. Totally not a driving force for the game or anything, right? I do realize that the majority of players don't raid, but raids are still a very large part of the story and a cumulative point of skill for - wait for it - playing the game.

The Unexpansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    The Unexpansion.
    Not yet. This is still a good expansion.

But if they rush the next one out in a year, while we're still enjoying WoD, and it offers nothing new...

Yeah, Unexpansion will become a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    World of Wisconsin. We travel to the real world to fight the minions of the latest Old god, Kurdwheychez the unudderable. Introducing the long-awaited cow level.
    <WIP All Around>

3rd raid tier would cost a raid tier...

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    So because they're only doing two tiers this round means that obviously they are skipping the good middle-tier raid. The logic is infallible! You do know Ulduar was under construction before Wrath was even released, right? Part of why they remade Naxx and did several one-boss raids. They're not skipping anything if it wasn't planned in the first place. You're not going to lose your Ulduar 2.0 just because there is only two tiers. Maybe by limiting it to two tiers, they can actually focus on making them good rather than filler bullshit.
    You're joking, right?

Of course the middle raid is being skipped. It's certainly not the end raid.

An expansion tells stories. WoD is going to be one damn short and superficial story. The middle raids (SSC, Tempest Keep, Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder) have always told an interesting story so far, fitting into the theme of the expansion while going a bit off the beaten path, not focusing directly on the endboss. This has always been very nice. Now this is going to go away. Expansions will have much shorter and superficial stories now, and you'll have to pay more for that. Yeah, it's beyond BS. I guess Bobby Kotick needs a new island or two.