Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

what's blizz gonna say when everyone is beast master?

From the looks of things, mechanics changes are final. We are starting number tunes now. Every hunter forum on every website has mass topics on how bad survival and marksman are with not a single tweak in the right direction by blizz. I'm guessing after the complete first tier of wod raids they "might" own up to their mistakes. Then they will say "we didn't have enough people testing it in beta" Lmao. So what's your opinion. Do you think survival and marksman rotations will be fixed before live?

If we have BM at a competitive level with warlocks, rogues, and mages, I'll be extremely happy. For the entirety of last expansion during progression, we were in a rough spot on each spec. We'll want at least one spec to be competitive. For God's sake, just don't make us middle-of-the-pack again on all specs. Very frustrating.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for a number of classes who seem to think their mechanics are clunky, or awkward, or need some fixing up from where they are now.. and yet Blizzard appears to be stating 'We're mostly done, just numbers tuning now!' - So it may be back to parts of Wrath and all that where BM was powerful until they nerfed it. Just let's hope they leave a viable spec or two that aren't boring as sin to play.

Even if SV and MM are broken or completely not fun to play, if they tune them high enough, we'll play whatever provides the best results. Regardless of how they "feel".

...what does it matter? There will always be someone playing something else than FoTM. Always has been, always will be.

"oops"

10char

Pretty Sure there is a difference between FoTM and Playing One Spec an Entire Expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Do you think survival and marksman rotations will be fixed before live?
    Fixing implies they are broken. I would argue that they are not. You may dislike the feel of them (especially MM since it has no instant focus dump and the whole low haste issue), but that doesn't mean they are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Fixing implies they are broken. I would argue that they are not. You may dislike the feel of them (especially MM since it has no instant focus dump and the whole low haste issue), but that doesn't mean they are broken.
    Its not just me or my feelings about the specs. It seems to be the general consensus of every person on beta who has tried the specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not just me or my feelings about the specs. It seems to be the general consensus of every person on beta who has tried the specs.
    I would strongly suggest you bring your thoughts on SV and MM to this thread on the official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13734993491

Nothing will change unless well-formed feedback is given. "MM and SV are broken because they changed and BM isn't broken because it didn't change" seems to be the vibe I get from most individuals who say the specs are broken.

i dont give a fuck to pve. In pvp Surv+lone wolf or exotic ammunition are BEAST!

I've not tried Marks yet because I simply don't enjoy how they changed it after Firelands but the other two I have. They both feel fine to me.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Nothing will change unless well-formed feedback is given. "MM and SV are broken because they changed and BM isn't broken because it didn't change" seems to be the vibe I get from most individuals who say the specs are broken.

I havn't tried beta so I have no clue about anything. But this seems to be my thoughts as well. When I'm reading about survival, it sounds like something, I'd like to try. The whole idea of pooling explosive shots in the manner it is in beta, sounds fun to me.
    As for MM I'm not really liking the mastey, but thats cause I like to move (just because we can). Also, MM seems very limited in doing anything. There is absolutly no skillcap in AiS and SS only.

I would strongly suggest you bring your thoughts on SV and MM to this thread on the official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13734993491

Personally find Marks to be terrible from a design view due to it being stripped to 3 buttons and none of the talents adding any complexityor fun like they did for Arms who was similarly stripped but given neat talent options to "build your own gameplay."

Marks on the beta comes down to pretty brainless 1-1-2 spamming with Chimaera not used during CA/RF and the talents you have the option of picking up have zero gameplay interaction beyond being a bland fire and forget cooldown or a passive. I don't see anything fun about playing what comes down to being a Wotlk Arcane Mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Survivals gameplay is interesting, but the way numbers are atm no one wants to play it, bm is pretty much the same it was whole mop and like ppl said, mm is just plain boring.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've being playing my Hunter on beta and I'm happy how they are at the moment. Each spec seems different as we asked before. I'm quite sure the most of the people that complainning right now are the same that asked for spec authenticity. Each spec now feels good. BM is the same, Survival is dot + big burst in little time type and MM is the Big Crit Numbers type. For me it's good as it is now. And wanna know what is the best of this all? Noone will think: "Oh, I'm playing BM, but if my dps is not good and can change to Surv cause it's almost the same thing, almost the same rotation, so I'll have no problem." I'm loving playing MM, I don't care if we have to cast a lot, it's still the big crit type I like!

Honestly, I'm curious what type of change people were hoping Blizzard would make to the LnL mechanic. I mean, one of the biggest complaints about SV was the chain caused by the 4 set. The devs are trying to find a hybrid ground where you aren't just spamming the signature shot, while keeping the essence of LnL. Forcing a focus cost seems like a good stop gap. What else were people wanting to happen here? Because reverting to Live with 4 set bonus mechanics is hardly enough to please the majority of the community. I don't think anyone was really happy with the ES spam that SV became with 4 set. If SV and BM end up both being competitive with rogue/warlock/mages, then what's the major gripe here?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Honestly, I'm curious what type of change people were hoping Blizzard would make to the LnL mechanic. I mean, one of the biggest complaints about SV was the chain caused by the 4 set. The devs are trying to find a hybrid ground where you aren't just spamming the signature shot, while keeping the essence of LnL. Forcing a focus cost seems like a good stop gap. What else were people wanting to happen here? Because reverting to Live with 4 set bonus mechanics is hardly enough to please the majority of the community. I don't think anyone was really happy with the ES spam that SV became with 4 set. If SV and BM end up both being competitive with rogue/warlock/mages, then what's the major gripe here?
    The Focus cost and lack of cooldown reset force the gameplay to be really choppy. One or the other I would understand, but not both. It makes LnL feel jarring and not really natural. It also forces you to hover around 70 Focus at all times once you get even a remotely decent amount of Multistrike in order to bleed your charges quickly enough as they come in which takes Focusing Shot off the table as a talent.

edit: To clarify a bit, with around 30% MS, I'm finding myself pretty much swimming in procs. I'll get a proc, use it, then while Explosive is back on cooldown, will end up getting 3 more charges before Explosive is available again, then more while bleeding those extra Explosives. This means I'm constantly having to hover at a higher end of the Focus bar to ensure that I even can get the charges consumed quickly and for things to settle down for a few seconds before the cycle repeats again. It's frequently just as spammy as it is on the live game but requires you to do nothing but Cobra Shot for more of your time.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-19 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Oh there won't be many BM hunters. Have you learned nothing about Blizzard's tuning technique? When you have two specs that are terrible and one that does good, what you do is nerf the good spec to be as terrible as the others. Isn't it genius?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    Oh there won't be many BM hunters. Have you learned nothing about Blizzard's tuning technique? When you have two specs that are terrible and one that does good, what you do is nerf the good spec to be as terrible as the others. Isn't it genius?!
    haha, well that's what they do with talents.