Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like where I live. It is not nationalism so much as that I appreciate particular features of the geographical region. I would likely enjoy those same features just as much in another country, and I would likely be less happy in another area of the same country I reside it.

I am not sure where I would move if I had to. I would have to have agreeable weather, and it would preferably be a place where I wouldn't need to learn another language to function.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    America is a mixed bag, but I am thankful to be here. I think if I had to choose another place to live, Denmark would suit me just fine.

I would move to Vulcan.

Deleted
    I feel nothing for my country, nor any other country for that matter. Don't like the people in Sweden very much either. Most are big Ol' jelly haters.

I'd like to try my luck somewhere in Asia. They seem nice and polite enough.

Deleted
    I like where i live right now, but if given the chance i'd visit you nordic folk for a bit.

Australia. Probably the country closest to America.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

eh, America, I tolerate it. If I had a choice I'd fuck off to Canada or the Scandinavian countries.

I enjoy living in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, even if I do have many reservations regarding our politics/etc. If I had to move somewhere though, it'd probably be Norway; namely because it's a beautiful country, and thankfully not a politically correct dystopia if you travel/live beyond the confines of Oslo and other bigger cities in the south.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd move 35 miles north to Canada and life would pretty much be the same.

I like the nature of the state where I live (Washington), and people are generally nicer than anywhere else. We don't have many high crime ghettos around here, not many immigrants either (compared to other places). People are flooding in, though.

Can't say I like the U.S. as a whole.
    If I could to move, I'd pick some old, little European (German, Swiss, or may be Italian) town with antique architecture and narrow streets...
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

nah, Saudi England is shit. Would probably move to Canada if I could, the landscapes are beautiful in some areas.

Live in America I like it, I could be somewhere a lot worse. If I could move anywhere it would probably be Australia but it's so far away from everyone I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the US, but I like just about everything Sweden does. Too bad I only know a few words.

10+ Year Old Account
    USA - Love it. Especially my home of Tennessee.

If I had to move elsewhere...Australia, Canada or New Zealand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am from Slovakia and love it mainly for the women and family/friends still over there.
    I live in the UK, it's great and all but id much rather to move elsewhere such as Canada, Italy, Australia or possibly Greece.
    -K

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    America - No

Asia
    You cared enough to post.

This ties into one thing stupid people say too often, "If you don't like this country, then leave!". I don't hate the U.S. I hate our idiotic government. It takes a special kind of stupid to assume that if someone hates the stupid things our government does, then they must hate everything else about the country. I wonder if those people would have said the same thing to the people fighting for independence from British rule.

As for being forced to leave the country, I'm a true patriot. I won't walk away from my home. You'll have to kill me. It is the duty of any patriot to protect his country from its government. Death before dishonor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Growing tired of the US and all of it's problems. I want to move to canada if the possibility ever arises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzonked View Post
    I'm Australian, and as far as countries go (aside from the political side of things), I consider myself fairly lucky to be able to call this country my home, although I still get annoyed at WoW server maintainence being on tuesday nights starting 7pm, fairly whack internet and expensive flights to wherever you want to go that isn't in Asia.

If I had to move, it'd definitely be either England, Netherlands or Germany, europe appeals to me on every single level, and I can't wait to get over there.
    Australian here too. I love Melbourne,. lived here all my life. Travelled around aust, but not overseas. I'd move to England in a heartbeat if we didnt have family commitments here. DP is half English/aust, so can get dual citizenchip once we're married next year. I'd love to travel Europe, America etc that doesnt cost at least 2k each way per person thanks! I agree, it's cheaper to go to a trip to Thailand or Indonesia, than Queensland lol. DP has been to both Europe for 6 months, and been to Thailand, we chose Thailand for our honeymoon, it's cheaper We're trying to save for a house...thats a whole new kettle of fish! 400k for a house more than 1 hour drive from Melbourne CBD! Thats another reason why I'd move, house prices here is cray cray! Thanks negative gearing, Baby boomers & asian developers for fucking it up for us!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzonked View Post
    Oh yeah, can't forget Canada, i've met a lot of them and they are all incredibly nice, and i've heard it's the snowy version of Australia, with less racists and french people instead of aboriginals.
    We aren't all racist! Only the backwards hicks claiming that people are coming here illegal (lolol, pretty sure the first fleet was the first to come here illegal!).

I live in the US, and Id rather be in a coma.