Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Live in the US, wouldn't move to any other country on earth, if I was forced to move I'd probably pick Canada just because its right there and Canadians and Americans are virtually indistinguishable which means I could just say house and about differently, spell color colour and fit right in

The only real negative is the government, they do some pretty stupid shit from time to time but what are you gonna do?
    I'd never move to USA, purely for the fact that its health system is atrocious compared to AUS/UK/NZ etc. Sorry, but if I get cancer & I'm gonna die, I dont want to sell my house & declare bankruptcy to get chemo/radiation/ops to save my life. Medicare is a wonderful thing

10+ Year Old Account
    America would be a much nicer place without the extreme politicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Canada is Murica's polite little brother.

Murica's is the boisterous jock of the family.

England and France are our exhausted parents.
    Australia is like the love child from a rape victim (it's true if you know our history!) England is the rapist, Aboriginals were the rape victom. Now, here we are. Their culture is destroyed & oppressed & England pretended it didnt happen!. Dark huh!

The US is pretty busted in a lot of ways, but I still love it and would rather try and help improve the situation than just bail on it.

If I did have to leave for some reason, I think it'd be fun to try living in Japan. I like the food, the weather is perfect for me, and I'm decent enough at the language.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a long term expat, an American living in China for sliding on towards two decades. I was born in the 60s and as something of an outside observer I've found myself increasingly uncomfortable with a number of the things happening there. Is China "better"? Not exactly, but it is a different culture and a different set of conditions. As a rough analogy, when I walk into a steakhouse I expect to be able to order a good steak. When I walk into a Chinese restaurant I know that I'm not likely to be getting a good steak, but I may enjoy what they do offer. Here, I've had the sense of watching things get better; I read the news from the US and I have a sense of things getting worse.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I'm a long term expat, an American living in China for sliding on towards two decades. I was born in the 60s and as something of an outside observer I've found myself increasingly uncomfortable with a number of the things happening there. Is China "better"? Not exactly, but it is a different culture and a different set of conditions. As a rough analogy, when I walk into a steakhouse I expect to be able to order a good steak. When I walk into a Chinese restaurant I know that I'm not likely to be getting a good steak, but I may enjoy what they do offer. Here, I've had the sense of watching things get better; I read the news from the US and I have a sense of things getting worse.
    That's very interesting! Do you have a blog of some sort where you write about your experience?
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like my country, and love my city (most livable in the world). The country does have it's faults though, but I do know we have it pretty bloody good here. If I had to move it would be Canada (Vancouver), NZ (Queenstown or Wellington) or England (London). All are a little too cold for my taste, but I'd be able to deal with it.

America is pretty top notch. If I had to move I'd go back to New Zealand or, if I could somehow secure a job, Hong Kong.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was forced to leave South Africa I'd prefer to move to an English speaking region but I'm also comfortable with a Dutch speaking country.

First choice would be: Australia, New Zealand or London.
    Second choice would be: USA, Canada, the rest of the UK or Ireland.
    Third choice would be: Belgium or the Netherlands.

Deleted
    I .. like my country but I think it's on the decline but not about to sink just yet so I'd rather stay.

If I had to leave though, I guess I'd move to Australia or Scotland/Ireland

15+ Year Old Account
    Hate it, everything about it. Simply every single thing.

I'd move to USA, of course.

If it wasn't so damn cold Canada would be towards the top of the list. I speak Spanish well enough to live in a country that speaks it, but I don't see myself wanting to live in any that do. England maybe and just give up on seeing the sun anymore.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I absolutely love the US, but it does have its issues, for sure. I don't think I'd move, but I would LOVE to travel around the world.

It's alright, i would move to Malta if i had a choice seems lovely there.

I live in Australia currently and I can't wait to leave. Roll on March 2015 so I can get the hell out of here and never, ever, ever, ever come back.

If I could move someplace else I'd head to Wales, Switzerland or Canada. I've lived in Wales and Switzerland before so I know what to expect but I think that the Canadian way of life would suit me better. Some place in Alberta would be nice.

Australia is going to the dogs though, it's nothing like when I moved here in 2007.

Deleted
    Probably Norway, Canada or Australia...in general I always read almost only positive things about these 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephinism View Post
    I live in Australia currently and I can't wait to leave. Roll on March 2015 so I can get the hell out of here and never, ever, ever, ever come back.

If I could move someplace else I'd head to Wales, Switzerland or Canada. I've lived in Wales and Switzerland before so I know what to expect but I think that the Canadian way of life would suit me better. Some place in Alberta would be nice.

Australia is going to the dogs though, it's nothing like when I moved here in 2007.
    What's going in Australia if I may ask, I don't need a wall of text but something more then "it's going to the dogs" would be nice. ^^

Deleted
    I love living in the UK, I would not leave unless forced. I prefer living in Wales to England. Can I cheat and say if I had to move, I'd move over to England? :P

I have some complicated health issues; I would not get insurance in the USA and I would not be able to afford healthcare anywhere that does not have a nationalised system.

Deleted
    I'm venezuelan. I LOVE my country, it has the perfect weather, it is absolutely beautiful, we are FILLED with natural resources, we have oil, minerals, a huge coastline, most of our land is fertile, it has so much potential it really hurts to see the state it is in right now.
    I HATE the goverment and our culture of corruption. We could be so much more developed but people just don't care.

I'm now living in Spain. I'm still getting used to being here, I have a better quality of life here, but I miss my country a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    If I was forced to leave South Africa I'd prefer to move to an English speaking region but I'm also comfortable with a Dutch speaking country.

First choice would be: Australia, New Zealand or London.
    Second choice would be: USA, Canada, the rest of the UK or Ireland.
    Third choice would be: Belgium or the Netherlands.
    Belgium is doing fine for now, but if it doesn't change it will be complete shit in 50-100 years. Nothing for you to worry about depending on your age. :P

Deleted
    I'm from the UK, born scottish, bred english. Yeah I do love my country and there aren't many reasons I would choose to leave.

However, the country that I would most like to live in currently a side from my home, would have to be the netherlands as it is where my girlfriend lives, it is only a 40 minute flight from London where I live to Amsterdam so I can't really complain but with the waiting at the airport and train to and from, it takes roughly 6 hours for me to get to her so living closer would be amazing.