Thread: Prot in bg's?

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Prot in bg's?

Howdy! So once I get to level 90, I'm gonna do something I've never done before and focus on pvp whenever I'm not in a raid. My only question is, how does prot fair in (r)BG's? Do they have their use outside of flag carrying? Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are a few expansions too late. As a defensive specced class you receive a huge debuff when flag carrying. In all other aspects, you simply lack damage. All utility attacks, that were once prot only, are now available to all speccs (shockwave and stuff). If you plan to tank and play prot in the same gear, you will have so much hit and expertise, which will furthermore dimish your damage.

In short: Same utility, less to same survivability, significantly less damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

In WOD prot may be VERY viable in BGs, and RBG as GS... i'm i right??

The Beta players can help me plz ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    gladiators perhaps. prots will still suffer low damage and debuffs while flag carrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.