Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Garrisons: How much of a profession do crafting stations cover?

If I was to say, pick the leatherworking and blacksmithing station in my garrison, would they have access to all recipes available to a player chosing the same professions in WoD? If so, I'm thinking going for mining / herbalism etc for more mats would be the best choice. Do we know for certain how this will play out?

10+ Year Old Account
    No they don't have access to all but they do have access to some. For example, I have a Tailors Shop but don't have tailoring on my priest and have access to alimited number of 640 crafted recipes, embroidery and a way to get Hexcloth through Work Orders. The 640 items are locked behind having to have the Plot at level 3.
    Last edited by Allatar; 2014-09-05 at 10:42 AM.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If so, I'm thinking going for mining / herbalism etc for more mats would be the best choice. Do we know for certain how this will play out?
    For one thing you'll probably not do yourself a favor in going all farm professions, since you'll also be able to get those mats with less effort through other buildings in your Garrison, some of them even without using a plot.

Second, you'll be able to craft things for yourself if you chose a profession via Garrison buildings. You'll get to do work orders for basic mats, epics, upgrades to them, enchants. What I haven't seen so far are the more specific things, like i.e. bags for the tailor, or the nonsense toys engineering has to offer. You might not be able to get *everything* a profession has to offer, but as much as everything you'll need for gear crafting and enchants in the long run.

For certain, no. Not until release. Since the current implementation might still be a test, and Blizzard might not like how it plays out in a few weeks. Keep your eyes on the front page.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-09-05 at 10:49 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to keep my Herb/Alch as it is. Turns out Alchs get some badass flask recipes in WoD.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    I'm going to keep my Herb/Alch as it is. Turns out Alchs get some badass flask recipes in WoD.
    You even get to make this: http://beta.wowdb.com/items/112090-t...rphic-tincture
    Which I have dubbed the "Tumblr Tonic".
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

My herbalist/miner put a leatherworking building in her garrison, and so did my leatherworker.

The gatherer can craft some ilvl 550 (rare) items, and once the garrison is at level 3, can craft ilvl 640 epic gear, cloaks, and a 'burnished leather potion' that allows you to reroll the secondary properties on crafted items at ilvl 640 or above.

In addition to the above items, the leatherworker can craft 'burnished essence' that upgrades the ilvl of crafted leather/mail items from 640 to 655, and 'greater burnished essence' that can upgrade from 655-665. She can also craft 36-slot bags for mining, inscription, and leatherworking (remember, though, that we will get an entire bank tab to hold crafting reagents). Finally, she can craft a mount.

So Blizzard's overall intent seems to be to make basic craftables available to anyone who chooses that crafting building, and to make a few unique items available to those who actually have the craft.

All of this stuff also requires gathered materials and/or reagents from other crafts. So....arguably you could stick with a pure gathering character if you feel that any of the crafter-specific items that interest you will be available via guildies or friends and/or you feel comfortable getting them from the AH.

The caveat to all of the above is that crafts and garrisons are still incompletely implemented in beta and things are changing on a weekly basis. But I am thinking the overall model will stick, because changing that would mean a deep revamp of garrisons (not that I'd object to that =P).
    Last edited by Saravat; 2014-09-06 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    You even get to make this: http://beta.wowdb.com/items/112090-t...rphic-tincture
    Which I have dubbed the "Tumblr Tonic".
    lol that's awesome