Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuttly View Post
    Agreed. We already did progression on Garrosh, we don't want to do it again. We literally have no reason to help a stranger in this game. Why should they have to skip learning a boss because some of us already did it?

This isn't SAO kids.
    Because as a community that is what you do. All you defending the ilvl rule are the ones that is the problem. Its a gaming community, you want fast runs you do that with your guild. Our guild does flex and we take people that are 540 ilvl and we clear, because we explain the fights with people that are with us, we enjoy doing it, thats what being in a community is all about, not for the "fast run and omg epics!"

selfish twits. learn to slow down and enjoy the game a little, your not carrying them, they are filling a needed spot and if your so epic having a few 540s with you shouldn't matter!

Deleted
    Eh come on now guys. 570 ilvl is by far not exactly hard to get this days. What i mean is that my monk alt, paladin alt, hunter alt have 570 ilvl and they are full normal gear with 2-3 peices of warforged gear. With 4/4 upgrades, legendary cloak and few warforged items it is not hard to have 570 ilvl at all. It is almost an year since SoO launched so 70% of the people who want to farm garosh for looms have atleast that item level. The rest want to be boosted and such people tend to fail because they are new to the class, have low gear, not meeting the required dps for the fight, having low HP to cover the healers (or their personal fail) on whirlwinds and doing stupid things that cause them to die, thus making the fight harder and in 60-70% of the cases - wipe.
    I know this because i am the same. My main mage have hc clear, have a dk with 12/14hc, but still the first tries on garosh with my monk, paladin and hunter were pure fail due the reason i described above.
    Actualy after 1 year i would prefer to do garosh with group of 565+ ilvl, than with people who still wear timeless gear. Because after all Garosh encoutner is still no joke even on normal. Especialy for PuGs

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    selfish twits. learn to slow down and enjoy the game a little
    Did it ever occur to you that some people enjoy different things than you do ? I for one do not enjoy wiping, failing or explaining a boss that is on farm for what seems forever now.

Also doing Flex runs and taking in people with ilvl 540 and doing normal Garrosh are 2 very different things, because flex is tuned for sub 540 People - the endboss of this expac which ends at ilvl 590 (569 if you are fully normal geared with 4/4 upgrades and without the Leg. Cloak) is not
    Last edited by Instrument; 2014-09-03 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    So True and yet everyone and their brother on this forum seems to think this is a false statement.

every so often i get a whisper ingame "i am 20 ilvls below whatever you asked but I am skilled blabla" so what you may be skilled but you are not going to outskill this huge gap that 20 ilvl make in this expac - and I will still take the 580 random over your o so skilled 560 alt
    Funny thing is, my 565 toon can outdps a 580. You're just an elitist prick, plain and simple lol

Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    I for one do knot enjoy wiping, failing or explaining a boss that is on farm for what seems forever now.
    Then don't pug.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Funny thing is, my 565 toon can outdps a 580. You're just an elitist prick, plain and simple lol
    It can't, if it could you would be backing that statement up with logs instead of talking

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Then don't pug.
    The thread is about lifting expectations for a certain boss fight, which im perfectly fine with for the above stated reasons l2r

selfish twits. learn to slow down and enjoy the game a little, your not carrying them,
    i am enjoying my game a lot when i invite only 575 + people to my garosh runs - they enjoy it too - only ones not enjoying it are the ones that were refuse to carry therefore u are right we are not carrying them

they are filling a needed spot
    they are not if i set 575+ req spot is filled withing seconds - therefore no they are not filling anything

and if your so epic having a few 540s with you shouldn't matter!
    but it does matter - if it didnt matter nobody woudl set any req - since it does matter and it matters a lot the req are to weed out scrubs. and if in process it blocks few decent people - well its their lack of luck that i get spammed with 580+ begging me to let them in since i play on high pop server

Deleted
    Because as a community that is what you do. All you defending the ilvl rule are the ones that is the problem. Its a gaming community, you want fast runs you do that with your guild. Our guild does flex and we take people that are 540 ilvl and we clear, because we explain the fights with people that are with us, we enjoy doing it, thats what being in a community is all about, not for the "fast run and omg epics!"

selfish twits. learn to slow down and enjoy the game a little, your not carrying them, they are filling a needed spot and if your so epic having a few 540s with you shouldn't matter!
    You're calling us selfish? Despite what you've written?

"Why don't you enjoy the game at MY pace instead of yours. Why arent you taking ME with you?"

Hypocrite.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Then don't pug.
    why not? All you have to do is form it with 570+ people.

- - - Updated - - -

its not our job to carry baddies. Ask your guild for that.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    uhhh.........that's what LFR stands for. Its below easy mode. Simply ever wiping in that thing just makes me loose faith in humanity.
    Do you realize how dickish this makes you sound :x

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    That has nothing to do with what you quoted. My question was basically would you prefer to take a person who had only completed a single HC run and had an ilvl of 570 (probably from a bought boost) or someone with a lower ilvl but who had quite a few normal garrosh kills?
    I would still take the inexperienced 570 player over the experienced 550 player. Doing DPS in this game is so trivially easy that a 1 armed blind baby could do well. So I expect the 570 will still do more dps than the 550, regardless of experience.

Deleted
    I feel like I should remind everyone to continue to contribute to the high-quality discussion in this thread.