Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    oh look this thread again. >_>

new AND refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    Pretty much the same thing i, and most reasonable people, have been saying since wrath started handing out epics like candy on Halloween. But people are spoiled little s*its and want everything handed to them, which has led to the game becoming so easy and convenient that most people burn out on the content in a month or so and complain there's nothing left. Stuff like LFR, that gives the illusion of success without any of the effort, absolutely destroys a game like this, and it's borne of the idea that paying your entry fee entitles you to success. Last time i checked, buying halo didn't entitle you to see the game's ending on legendary difficulty, so why would it be any different in an mmo.
    Hmm, I thought it was TBC when they started handing epics like candy.

Without LFR there would be no raids as they are now, not just no heroic raids, but no ten plus boss raids full stop.
    Last edited by Pann; 2014-08-19 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I've known casual players who are butthurt and think they deserve the same epics as Heroic raiders because they pay the same fee...
    Ive known no-lifers who think they are casual because they dont raid that have said the same thing. I am for alternatives though that balance out the effort to reward ratio meaning more time investment for easier things. Right now however we got some high effort alternatives sitting bellow a low effort tourist mode and nothing to keep the no-lifers from complaining and no developer willing to say anything to those players who get bored and blame social teamplayers that tackle large group based content.
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyPete View Post
    Isn't it funny how "I hate LFR" people are the only ones who have ever heard anyone actually say this?
    Was said a lot in Cata as well as using sub numbers to justify an argument, but now that things like the subs are still going down apparently subs dont mater. Ah how players flip flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Agreed with the OP. Whenever people have said this it has driven me nuts.

I'm one of those people now who can't play that much, but you know what? I'm not bitching, because the people that can play more have earned it. I'm earning other things by working more now. :P
    I see it as more of a hardcore addictive mindset. Being unable to be happy with ones own progress and always comparing themselves to others while calling others elitist for doing it and then having to get everything done the moment it comes out then complain that there is nothing to do. Then there are the altohalics who get really cranky when Blizzard designs around the casuals to have enough to do with one or two characters and act like the game is going hardcore nevermind all the many hours they are already investing in the game even beyond most hardcore progression raid groups.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-19 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The unexciting answer is that it pays for your access to the game. The even less exciting answer is that all the money goes into a pot called "Blizzard Revenue" after which it gets parceled out along with revenue from other games, accessories, and services and pays for everything else that could be called an operating cost including development, health insurance for employees, taxes on their properties, rent for their offices around the planet, etc.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It simply allows you to access the game and then you can pick what you want to do...nothing else.

Claiming you deserve the same gear as someone putting in the effort for heroic/mythic without the work is like saying you deserve the same body as the people working out for 2 hours a day in the gym whilst you choose to just sit in the Jacuzzi because you pay the same membership fee.

Your subscription entitles you to hit that "enter world" button and nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Reposting what I said in the other thread:

Whatever we are paying for, it's definitely not content. It seems they are now going with 2 tiers per $50 expansion, making matters even worse.
    Completely agree with that. The idea that these content patches poised as 50$ expansions plus 15$ a month needs to stop for me to actually take this game seriously again.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then I guess they were all like..."Fuck it..we are set for life". Wouldn't we all wish we'd have an inspiration that leads to such a goldmine?

And they didn't just cash in and shut down all servers...they keep producing games. To which you will say "Because they are greedy". To which I will say "Don't buy their games" (and btw, the two guys who make the operating systems that your comp needs to even run WoW are multiple times more filthy rich. Welll....one of them is dead so that is a bit of a bummer.....)
    I'm not really sure what you are on about
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Congratulations guys, you've totally refuted that guy who thinks LFR should drop heroic gear. You know, that one guy. The guy who doesn't post here, never posted in this thread, and who nobody ever seems to see or hear from except for butthurt hardcores on the forum who swear he exists.

If you guys are really pining for a hardcore exclusive game you should go join the several dozen people still subscribed to Wildstar. You know, the one game that actually gambled on all your hardcore raider bullshit? The game that was supposed to be the Great White Hope of the obnoxious elitist community? The game nobody talks about anymore because it's a gigantic fucking failure?

But please, tell me more about how Blizzard are fools for not recognizing how much money they could make by cutting 90% of their customers out of most of the endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'm not really sure what you are on about
    Sarcasm.

People on this forum whine about the stupidest things thinking Blizzard execs just sit on a pile of cash doing nothing else. That's not the way Blizzard or any company stays alive for decades. The money is invested into getting more money down the line and only a tiny portion of it is ever paid out to shareholders.

Deleted
    People who believe that just because they pay for the game monthly, also means that they have the same right to get the same gear as the people who spend 100+ hours a week on it, are fucking retards. I cant imagine why someone feel that they deserve the same things when not working the same amount for it... They all have the right and oppertunity to get the gear... some just doesnt want to work for it ... Fuck those people, fuck LFR (awarding bad players) and fuck Blizzard for catering to these imbreds...

Quote Originally Posted by lehusted View Post
    People who believe that just because they pay for the game monthly, also means that they have the same right to get the same gear as the people who spend 100+ hours a week on it...
    ...literally don't exist.

How is this thread 5 pages? OP literally made a claim that nobody has ever made in the history of the game or anywhere on any forum and you've been arguing for 5 pages about it. This forum is a fucking trainwreck sometimes.

you pay for access to the game

its your own fucking fault if youre an idiot and dont play the game to its fullest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lehusted View Post
    People who believe that just because they pay for the game monthly, also means that they have the same right to get the same gear as the people who spend 100+ hours a week on it, are fucking retards.
    I constantly see people complaining about people who say this but I rarely ever see anyone actually saying this. It's a self-perpetuating mythology.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It pays for game access, server maintenance, customer support (lol), and this magic thing called profit. Theoretically it pays for content updates, but ultimately updates are to keep people "subbing".
    Stay salty my friends.

$15 a month does give anyone access to the same gear that heroic raiders have. The heroic raiders earn it by putting the work in. I get that some people can't clear heroic because of time constraints, but no one really has an excuse to not at least clear flex (and IMO the first 11 or so bosses of normal) if they want raid gear. With things like oQueue, not being able to find a group isn't a valid excuse anymore IMO.

If someone literally can't play for more than 10 minutes a day like the OPs example, then honestly they shouldn't waste their money on a game like WoW. It's a game that's meant to eat time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if all I get for my $15 is access to the server and no new content then I'll just unsub. Simple as that. I already unsubbed for a large part of mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I still hear this from time-to-time. "I pay the same 15 dollars a month that geared raiders pay. I should be able to get the same epics they do even though I'm a casual player who can only play for 10 minutes a day."
    -Said no one ever. Nice attempt to incite a forum flame war.

Deleted
    Even if you only play for an hour a day, you're still getting more than if you were to buy another game ( IE Bioshock infinite, around 20 hours to complete, 60 euro. WoW for 4 months = around 60 euro, at 1 hour a day thats around 120 hours for 60 euro )

For my $15/mo I want content that will allow me to get gear proportionate to what Effort I put in. If I want to raid lfr, I want lfr quality epics, if I do heroic, I want heroic epics. But my $15 is as good as anyone else's $15 and I want access to rewarding gear that fits MY playstyle choices.

You special snowflakes are getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Personally, Your 15$ a month is NOTHING more than to use BLIZZARD'S servers. It entitles you to nothing, if you want the heroic gear find the time to play and EARN it. If not' quit. That's my take on it. If you want a pay to win game go play another game then. If you want all the shiny epics and such for no work their are PLENTY of private servers out there.
    Sorry, but even at those old days, when Blizzard had 12M of subs, they admitted, that supporting servers only costed them a "one supercar a day", i.e. 300K of $. Use some math and you'll see, that it's only about 100m $ a year. And what is their yearly revenue? 1 billion of $? Yeah. So, only 1/10 of sub fee is spent on server support. And to where all the other money go? They should be spent on creating new content. But what that means? You are actually paying for future content via your sub fee! But there is a problem here. Best content in this game - is raiding content, and most of money and resources is spent on this content, while being 100% used only by tiny % of players. That actually means, that we paying for pleasure for some tiny % of elite players, who literally parasite on us. Is it fair? Have those elitist the right to say "pay for my content or quit - you're just slave here"? I guess not. If I'm paying for xpacks and sub fee, then content, provided to me, should worth it. No content - no money. As simple as that.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-08-20 at 05:20 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club