Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I still hear this from time-to-time. "I pay the same 15 dollars a month that geared raiders pay. I should be able to get the same epics they do even though I'm a casual player who can only play for 10 minutes a day."

    I have always been of the opinion that my 15 dollars was for access to the online world and nothing else. I don't have to raid. I don't have to pvp, or quest or level or even fish if I don't want to. I'm not entitled to anything in the game that I haven't earned through the established methods. If I had my way, you'd only be able to get pve epics and higher from actual raiding (which isn't LFR) and some professions. Dungeons, including heroics? Blues.

    That's my take.
    Although this topic has been talked about over and over and over and over, I really can't stand this argument. People who think LFR loot should equal heroic loot really need to find a new game. I only raid LFR because of RL time constraints, and wishing that the loot from LFR would be heroic is something that never crosses my mind.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I've known casual players who are butthurt and think they deserve the same epics as Heroic raiders because they pay the same fee...
    And the forums are full of Heroic raiders complaining and getting butthurt about casual players getting inferior gears doing inferior raids.

  3. #123
    Brewmaster Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    And the forums are full of Heroic raiders complaining and getting butthurt about casual players getting inferior gears doing inferior raids.
    On what planet? Heroic raiders would prefer people who don't raid don't get raid gear. It makes sense... heroic raiders want to distinguish themselves visually from those who are not. If you're not going to raid, why do you need raid gear? If you're reading this on the forums, I can tell you that these "heroic raiders" are most likely not what they say they are.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2014-08-20 at 12:06 PM.
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    Every time I'm told that I don't know what I'm talking about, I am all the more confident that I do.

  4. #124
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    On what planet? Heroic raiders would prefer people who don't raid don't get raid gear. It makes sense... heroic raiders want to distinguish themselves visually from those who are not. If you're not going to raid, why do you need raid gear? If you're reading this on the forums, I can tell you that these "heroic raiders" are most likely not what they say they are.
    Distinguish themselves.. LOL! There is no sense of community on a realm anymore, so no one really cares what you have or don't have. Your name (not speaking to you personally, but as a generality) is known to no one other than your friends and guild mates (unless you are an e-celeb). We are all numbers, ultimately. No one gives a rat's ass if you have a heroic axe from Garrosh for example, and you won't be envied. Man, I wish my gear was shaded the same color as yours with a little bit higher ilvl stats!

    It's different than when you walked around with a Thunderfury, or Glaives, or even a Shadowmourne. People wanted what you had because they saw you around all the time, in the city, in BGs, and so on. You just don't get that anymore, but having that narcissistic attitude is truly a gem.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Who said it? Blzzard? Sorry, but this is just another myth and stereotype, they created at those old times, when MMOs was something new and wonderful, so nobody knew, for what they are actually paying. But today most of developers providing access to their games and supporting them literally for free and if some game charges sub fee and paid xpacks, then it should provide much higher quality and quantity of content. So today you are paying for CONTENT, not for access. And players are different and prefer different types of content. And Blizzard is constantly cutting one kinds of content, while putting too much priority on others. And this is exact the same as giving priority to some players, while treating others as third grade customers. So why are we supposed to pay equal money, if developers give us different priorities, quality and quantity of content? I don't think it's fair to pay for raids, if I don't raid, while having my favorite content being cut more and more. Yeah?
    A wall of text that when going by the print means nothing at all because all you're entitled to with your monthly fee is access to servers, something Blizzard can terminate at their will, even without reason.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Written by professional forum trolls as a cheap satire aimed towards WLK style frost emblem farming for tier sets.
    If you say so.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    On what planet? Heroic raiders would prefer people who don't raid don't get raid gear. It makes sense... heroic raiders want to distinguish themselves visually from those who are not. If you're not going to raid, why do you need raid gear? If you're reading this on the forums, I can tell you that these "heroic raiders" are most likely not what they say they are.
    This one. People are doing LFR are getting LFR gear. People doing heroic raids are getting heroic raid gear.

    But some "raiders" don't want people doing LFR to get LFR gear. And some even want people not be able do LFR at all.

  7. #127
    You should really understand the situation with WOD. Imagine, that you have invested into building of three room house. Building company said to you, that you would have to pay a little bit more and wait a little bit longer, but at the end you would have a four room house, instead of three room! Of course you agreed, because you trusted this company. But when time comes, they just say to you "Sorry buddy, but we managed to build only two room house, cuz materials became too expensive recently". Ok, that happens. But this is not the end of story. Then you suddenly find out, that they actually used your money to build 2x two room houses instead of one four room and now trying to sell second house separately to grab some extra free money. Yeah. That's how situation with WOD looks like. They charged subs from us for extra 7 months, which made SOO twice more expensive in terms of fee/content ratio, increased price of xpack by 10$, but at the end we are getting the smallest xpack in Wow history, while they definitely used this delay to develop two xpacks simultaneously, but going to charge another 50$ for second one, which will give them 100$ per 2 years instead of 40$ from previous xpacks. And this is while gaining about 13$ (~90% of sub fee) for 7 months, i.e. 91$, for free just due to delay. Isn't it too much for quality and quantity of content they are providing? Don't you think, that they are trying to sell only 1/2 of content for the same price like in those example with investing into house? In real world this is called fraud and it's crime. But due to absence of any agreement between you and Bliizzard, thay actually can change their minds at any moment and turn all they said at Blizzcont into just empty sounds. No agreement - no responsibility. I really think, that game developing companies should not be allowed to sell preorders without making an agreement with players to give them guaranty, about what and when exactly they are going to get in xpack, they are going to buy. What you can do about it now? Refound your preorder and refuse to buy WOD until price will be lowered or, in ideal case, WOD will be offered completely for free, just because Blizzard already gained ~90$ of completely free money due to simply delaying xpack release. There is no other way to stop this slippery slope of milking more money only for the sake of milking even more money right here and right now.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-08-20 at 05:54 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios┬ęBashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    On what planet? Heroic raiders would prefer people who don't raid don't get raid gear. It makes sense... heroic raiders want to distinguish themselves visually from those who are not. If you're not going to raid, why do you need raid gear? If you're reading this on the forums, I can tell you that these "heroic raiders" are most likely not what they say they are.
    The people i knew who done heroic raids did not give two shits about what gear Random Guy #239696 had. They care about what gear they had and the progression they were making. They would wear a pink leotard and bunny ears in game if it gave them .00000000001% dps/Hps increase. I think you are projecting your own need for recognition onto others.... /Psychology 101
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  9. #129
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I still hear this from time-to-time. "I pay the same 15 dollars a month that geared raiders pay. I should be able to get the same epics they do even though I'm a casual player who can only play for 10 minutes a day."

    I have always been of the opinion that my 15 dollars was for access to the online world and nothing else. I don't have to raid. I don't have to pvp, or quest or level or even fish if I don't want to. I'm not entitled to anything in the game that I haven't earned through the established methods. If I had my way, you'd only be able to get pve epics and higher from actual raiding (which isn't LFR) and some professions. Dungeons, including heroics? Blues.

    That's my take.

    I have never seen one person say this. Can you provide a source please?

  10. #130
    "I pay the same money I should get the same content" I think this was actually a valid argument during TBC. It matters more now then ever now that WoW isn't the top PC game. While I never saw BT in BC it didn't bother me but I could understand why it bothered others.

    However Blizzard really shot themselves in the foot with the whole "raiding for every1" theme. In TBC casuals were actual quite happy with welfare epics as long as Blizzard continued to provide them, and there were tons of other things to do besides raid. They made it so accessible now though via LFR you almost seem pigeon holed into it.
    Also the new "raids for everyone" theme revealed a glaring weakness in Blizzard, how freakin long they take to come out with content. At launch of BC we had Kara, TK, SSC, Hyjal, Gruul's Layer and Magtheridon. 6 raids at launch, keep in mind though only Kara was ascetically pleasing, despite how great the encounters were in TK and SSC it was always criticized for being a pink/blue hall way with trash.

    However these 6 raids gave Blizzard all the time in the world to come out with BT, ZG and Sunwell because most people haven't even started Hyjal yet. They simply had to nerf content at a more consistent rate similar to the ICC buff to get a larger portion of the population through that content once they were ready to come out with more content. With everyone on the same raid tier everyone gets burned out at the same time. I dont think the sub drop off was as steep for the end of TBC because so many people were still trying to see the raiding content with that 30% nef they implemented at the end.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If you say so.
    Never seen one actually casual player saying so, only trolls.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Never seen one actually casual player saying so, only trolls.
    How are you defining them between casual and troll? No-lifers who think they are casual because they dont raid that think they speak on behalf of time limited players, former raiders who think they represent all who do LFR despite being a minority of the LFR population, or just someone who says something that you dont agree with?

    Players have said it and players have defended it, troll or not. To a point I think such arguments are really just players grasping at straws over being angry at other players doing more and being more happy in the game than them. The earlier arguments of to see the content have largely been shown to be BS to cover just wanting character progression and something to do. Why cant players be more honest and constructive with their wants and needs. It is like they feel it is selfish and mask things in order to appeal to a larger audience. The issue with players using the casual label as an excuse or crutch is not all casuals are alike and the majority really isnt a majority when you start looking at all the different play styles and interests in gameplay. There are those who love only dailies while those who only love dungeons. There are even those who will level characters over and over again, while others do things like play the AH. Just because everyone levels doesnt mean they enjoy leveling, but hey if someone levels that must make them apart of the majority and surely everyone must think alike and want the same thing or at least that is how some sound.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    How are you defining them between casual and troll?
    Players have said it and players have defended it, troll or not.
    Posting history. A troll is a troll, and trolls' comments are worthless.

    Actually sane people understand the fact that with four different levels of raiding there's also four different levels of loot.

  14. #134
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    853
    People always think of silly reasons or claim some sort of right or entitlement to get what is out of their reach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •