Poll: How much would you pay for "yearly expansions?"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    $24.99 is what I would pay for yearly expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The problem of course being that you posted a development chart when he's talking about the consumer side. You're essentially arguing over different topics.
    I beg to differ. Yes it is a development chart but the effects of it are very, very rarely absorbed by the developer. The impact is felt by the consumer regardless of how transparent the whole situation is to them.

In this case in particular I believe it would fast with a 50/50 split across the cost and quality.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    I beg to differ. Yes it is a development chart but the effects of it are very, very rarely absorbed by the developer. The impact is felt by the consumer regardless of how transparent the whole situation is to them
    I'm saying that you posted that chart in response to a completely different topic, intentionally misleading the conversation into another territory so you could be 'right'. It likely wasn't intentional, but after the exchange that's what it amounted to.
    BAD WOLF

I'm saying that you posted that chart in response to a completely different topic, intentionally misleading the conversation into another territory so you could be 'right'. It likely wasn't intentional, but after the exchange that's what it amounted to.
    No. Not at all. The guy came to the conclusion that:

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Half the content half the time to make it = half the price.
    Which is crap. Hence the chart. Anyhoo, yes its a deviation on the topic but its also page 6-7 of the thread, and the poll is the meat and potatoes of it all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    No. Not at all. The guy came to the conclusion that:

Which is crap.
    That actually has no relevance to what you posted. His point is logical. If they provide half the content in half the time, the price should also be half. Does your employer pay you for a 40 hour week when you work 20 hours and produce 50% of what you normally do? Come on now, be serious. He wasn't talking about development costs, of which we have no bearing on since we don't work for Blizzard, at all.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    25.99 or 29.99 seems appropriate. But what I would really love would be a lower sub fee; something like 7.99/8.99, so that paying 2 sub fees for 2 different games could be an option for me.

I haven't played WoW for over an year (played only untill early MoP) but I would have played a little if the sub were lower. Paying 12.99 for just a couple hours a week doesn't seem to be worth the money.
    Arukas

That actually has no relevance to what you posted. His point is logical. If they provide half the content in half the time, the price should also be half. Does your employer pay you for a 40 hour week when you work 20 hours and produce 50% of what you normally do? Come on now, be serious. He wasn't talking about development costs, of which we have no bearing on since we don't work for Blizzard, at all.
    You are looking at is from such a 2 dimensional point of view, and your analogy is awful. Thats not what I am saying at all. And I am being serious.

Its all related. Just because you got half the content in half the time, doesn't mean it didn't cost them twice as much to be able to do that! And this is Activation were talking about, Bobby sure as hell isn't going to do it out of the goodness of his heart, we will eat one of the 3 price, quality or time. Considering the whole issues is about time its going to be price or quality, which I stated would actually probably be a 50/50 split.

A prime example for you; Hearthstone and the Naxxramas 'raid' they are selling for $24.99. Now you be serious and tell me you think they are going to sell you a WoW expansion, yearly or not, for $20-30.

All this thread has taught me is people are either very naive or the majority won't buy a yearly expansion for more than $40. The latter of which we know is bull shit.

with a montly fee: 15-20€
    without a monthly fee: 35-40€
    CE editions in both cases 10-20€ more(depends on physical stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the features. $40.00-$50.00 would be worth it if there was enough content that it felt like we were getting a new game every time.
    A year's worth of material.