Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We are working on heroic Garrosh in our alt run. Every heroic kill so far has felt like an accomplishment.

Yes it would be freaking awesome to get down a boss no matter how late it is so long as its still current. I don't care what other guilds do. I only care about me and my raid group and what we down is an accomplishment to us and us only and we will be happy when we get a boss down in a raid while its current.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    bullshit, the effort that goes into world first races is insane, smashing your face against a boss you are mechanically perfecting but due to the sheer lack of gear hitting berserk timer and wiping over and over, i cannot see how just playing badly with 4/4 gear is more effort.
    Matter of opinion and perspective. What takes more effort, a project that you have to work a lot of overtime on for a week or two or continuing to come back and back to a project for hours and hours where you are hardly making any progress at all for 8 months? The former may take more skill because you're accomplishing the task at a quick rate and it may take more personal sacrifice to put the time into it, but effort? Dunno about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do it in ~510 gear, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It all in the eyes of the beholder, theres no problem with feeling proud about killing a heroic boss this late in the tier if you feel like it was an acomplishment.

SoO is basically like a previous tier now with such high Ilvls comparing to what it was tuned for.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    SoO is basically like a previous tier now with such high Ilvls comparing to what it was tuned for.
    This is how I feel as well. I'm surprised Blizz didn't remove the ahead of the curve achievements.

i still feel accomplished when i down heroic garrosh/siegecrafter. both fights are difficult and require good raid coordination/timing. the only difference was when our raid wasnt that gear'd we had a few dozen more wipes and the fights took like 30 sec-60 sec longer.

granted when i joined my raiding guild we were progressing on heroic spoils so it wasnt that far off 14/14 but even so, every kill feels like something great.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    bullshit, the effort that goes into world first races is insane, smashing your face against a boss you are mechanically perfecting but due to the sheer lack of gear hitting berserk timer and wiping over and over, i cannot see how just playing badly with 4/4 gear is more effort.
    Lol. Settle down. I'm only half serious. Was meant in a comical self-deprecating sense. "harder" in that its taken us drastically longer for no other reason than lack of skill. Obviously what they do is objectively harder from a skill point of view.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Personally no.
    I'm in a somewhat okay guild, a normal mode and some heroic content guild. During MSV/HoF/ToES and ToT, it was okay because we got what we got and then moved onto the next raid. Now after so many stupid kills of the bosses and wiping because the couple of subpar real life friends the guild has, when we do down a new heroic boss its just meh.
    I'm cool with my guild's place in realm rankings, but just this long no.. there is little to no sense of accomplishment anymore, the frustration after this long outweighs the accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

only like what +/-1100 guilds killed garosh hc so far even though tier is so long so yes it is and accomplisment and all those "chasing world1-100" can go rot in the corner nobody cares about what u are doin - people care for their own guilds maybe +/- 1-2 guilds on server ranking nothing more - maybe exept for checking out how race for world first nobody gives a f... about what is in in 10-1000 range exept their own guilds so dont try to diminish anyone else achievement by trying to tell yourself ur supperior human being cause u beat some pixels in pc game

im fairly certain if those who raid 6 hours /week and killing garry now would raid like all those who claim they raid 9 hours but in relaity put in 12-15 hours in begining of the tier and pretend its their raiders who "forced" on guild leadership to go that much but then on all sites they claim they still raid 9 hours they would finish tier much sooner too. there is abundance of guilds which raid 4-5 nights per week and then claim they raid only 2-3 night after they clear tier to boost their street rep.

Not really IMO. Did you feel accomplishment after killing Heroic Madness of Deathwing in August 2012? Heroic Garrosh with 588 ilvl is about as hard as Heroic Siegecrafter in 2013.

Deleted
    Heroic Garrosh kill rate is still < 5%.

So I would think so, is it the same as killing him week 2, completely under geared, ofc not, but I still think it is an achievement.

Only got 6 bosses on HC with my guild, every kill so far have felt like an accomplishment. It's subjective. Some people haven't learned from all the previous expansions and rush to clear ALL content as soon as possible, then go to forums and complain for 6-7 months because they got "nothing" to do. While other people took it at a slower pase, raided perhaps 5-6 hours/week, didn't get burned out and thus had fun the whole expansion.

Now, my guild took a summer break trough whole summer, so we gonna see if we can pick up raiding again now, and see if we can clear some more before WoD comes out. Psyched about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Sure, if you just put a new raid team together recently for whatever reason, and everyone's inexperienced and began with a low amount of gear. With SoO not getting nerfed into the ground, progressing through it now would still be just as much fun as progressing through it when it was first released.

Killing Lich King *on normal* around June back in ICC brought the most sense of accomplishment I ever got from any kill in this game, for comparison I've cleared all tiers with Cutting Edges in MoP. It's just it was my first end boss then <3

So yes, I'm sure the guilds getting those kills now feel good about it!

I think it all depends on the player and the guild. For some people, it is absolutely an accomplishment. For others, it is too late.

I know my old guild in DS, it was the first tier half of us raided at all. We killed HC Deathwing for the first time, with the zone nerf, in the last week of the expansion before Mists released. I am sure to some people, that would not be impressive at all.

For us, it felt like quite the accomplishment though, and I know I was as happy as someone who killed it a year before.