Shamans and the ability prune

What is the opinion of other shamans about the ability prune that happened in WoD? Or should I say the lack of ability prune for us. Tbh I was actually kinda looking forward to it when I heard about the ability prune, as we all know shamans require a LOT of buttons to play effectively. Yet on WoD I still easily have 40+ keybinds, just like on live.
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2014-08-19 at 08:21 PM.

Maybe make a list of what you lost/gained, if you haven't lost anything go complain
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

It would be an idea to replace ST and MT with Liquid Magma baseline.
    Also, if they made SET enh only, FET ele and EET resto, you'd avoid clashing of their cooldowns, and be able to redesign the different elementals to be more specific for their designated specs.

These two changes would lower the count of baseline abilities by two for enh, and one for ele/resto.

I dont know what else can be pruned. Most stuff turned passive already, or was removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

K I went and just directly compared my action bars on live with my bars on beta as resto.

On live I have:
    40 keybinds

On beta I have:
    40 keybinds unless I choose to take the passive lvl 100 talent, then 39.

What changed:
    Mana Tide gone - but I can replace that nicely with Stone Bulwark since I use the pvp T1 talent on live (no room for another keybind)
    Stormlash gone - but that keybind is replaced with the new lvl 100 talent (unless I choose the passive one)

Mind you I am already using 3 passive talents as is, and I'm still at 40 keybinds.

EDIT: Ya know, doing this and going through my abilities one by one, I'm finding it actually quite hard to figure out how they could even prune much more. I guess an argument could be made about chain lightning being avail for resto? I'd LOVE to see Totem throw become baseline tbh, as I feel it shoulda been like that from the get go (same with hunter traps)
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2014-08-19 at 08:11 PM.

I'm pretty disappointed so far with how little Shamans are changing in Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed so far with how little Shamans are changing in Warlords.
    I think thats a good thing. I enjoy Enh as it is. Even with some of the stupid things that we dont really need. Rather not see if reduced to a diablo class

I'll start the lynching: they should have removed Wolves. /runs

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    K I went and just directly compared my action bars on live with my bars on beta as resto.

On live I have:
    40 keybinds

On beta I have:
    40 keybinds unless I choose to take the passive lvl 100 talent, then 39.
    do you bound every single shaman spell or how do you reached 40 keybinds?

as ele I still use all keybinds in wod that I used in mop. with the remove of chainheal I also got a key I directly use for liquid magma^^

(Elemental) shaman got even more buttons to press than on live.

LB
    LvB
    ES
    FS
    Searing Totem
    EB (other talents are shit for reasons pointed out for 10 months)
    UF
    Liquid Magma (other talents are shit for reasons pointed out for 10 months)
    CL
    EQ

.. and more
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm glad that weapon imbues are gone, but I'm still annoyed that Lightning Shield is here and that Searing Totem didn't get the Healing Stream Totem treatment. The ever-so-useless Magma Totem is still here, and my most wanted change overall was revision of the talent tree, which is one of the worst among all of the classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    If you just love being that guy that purposely, or accidentally carries out the action of "letting them win", roll a shaman, and get a FREE vacation to the Ashran Graveyard with scenic tombstones and a magnificent sunset view of your faction hiding in the bubble as DKS, hunters and Treesus Christ roflstomp your base, and all you have to do is call this number!
    SHA-MAN-SUCK (742-626-7825)

IMO, Liquid Magma would combine both ST/MT AND slap the healing stream design on it. If they made it an unattackable totem, or a spell instead, it would feel viable for pvp as well. It would also allow a redesign of lvl100 talents. Atm LqM is too op in comparisson.

Then again, blizz doesn't want to get rid of dps-totem platform of having at least one totem around all the time, so...never happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    (Elemental) shaman got even more buttons to press than on live.

LB
    LvB
    ES
    FS
    Searing Totem
    EB (other talents are shit for reasons pointed out for 10 months)
    UF
    Liquid Magma (other talents are shit for reasons pointed out for 10 months)
    CL
    EQ

.. and more

Which is exactly the same as before (count liquid magma as magma totem).
    Maybe you did't use Earthquake and Unleash Flame that often, but it is still on your bar.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Which is exactly the same as before (count liquid magma as magma totem).
    Maybe you did't use Earthquake and Unleash Flame that often, but it is still on your bar.
    Which is exactly the same, except that you've 3 more buttons to press than before. Dunno, I think the majority put Rain of Frogs onto their bars instead of EQ. And UE was only viable with the 90 talent, which would automatically exclude EB. Point is, if you bind all useless shit in 5.4 then I can understand that the pruning worked for you. But people who used their space wisely (as in, people who didn't bind useless shit) got it worse in 6.0.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.