Is Mike Tyson still strong or has he become a normal guy?

He's not in his prime anymore, growing old, and has retired in peace. Even so, in his state now, do you think it would still hurt to ask to get hit by his fists?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    Not in his prime? That's an understatement, the guy has boxed for over a decade. I think any retired boxer can knock you out with a fist to the face yes.

I'm more looking forward to see Anderson Silva's comeback next year. Somehow I doubt he's going to even be able to check a kick. Place your bets on him to lose round 1.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2014-08-19 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you go try it?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    He is probably stronger than the average guy in his age. But I would guess he is not even close to be as strong as he used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how hungry he is for ear.

....I'll see myself out.

Deleted
    Strength declines much slower than most other physical attributes, also boxing isn't just about strength, there's a lot of skill to it, which I assume he retains, so yeah, don't ask him to punch you.

Deleted
    Haven't we had this thread before?

Edit: Yup. you are getting lazy OP.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-or-fabricated

Think about it.

This man, Mike Tyson, was SO good at punching people in the face that millions of people paid good money to watch him do it. In fact, even among those who are also paid to punch other large men in the face Mike Tyson was one of the greatest face-punchers to ever punch someone in the face.

Without knowing the actual facts, we can safely assume that in order to become large and strong enough to effectively punch people in the face so hard, as well as withstand numerous punches to the face by men of a similar size and strength, Mike Tyson would need to train relentlessly and eat a specialized diet to support his nigh-superhuman muscle mass.

Even though he does not punch people in the face on TV anymore, it can be safely assumed that he learned the benefits of maintaining proper diet and exercise from his face punching days. I haven't seen a recent pic of him, but if he isn't still huge I'll eat my hat. So yes, if Mike Tyson punched you in the face, even today, a gambling man might bet that your face would lose that face-punching match.

I'm not sure what you mean by "normal", but a normal guy by my definitions hitting you full force in the face will not be pretty.

On a similiar note, I came across this a while back, from a swedish morning show, Dolph still got the moves(at least to some extent). He used to be a European Karate Champion. ;P

The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    He's not in his prime anymore, no, he's also had issues with drink and substance abuse; But, he still retains a certain powerful body type, and that'd allow him to deliver some heavy blows.

Maybe not as fast as he was when younger, his footwork would also be slower, but he'd demolish most people easily in a one on one scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    He's not in his prime anymore, no, he's also had issues with drink and substance abuse;.
    If anything he was fucked up most of his later fights.

The man is a monster. Stong as fuck and the technique is what really does it. One of the most exciting boxers ever.

If anyone hasn't watched the documentry about him go and do it. Watching Mike Tyson cry is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Haven't we had this thread before?

Edit: Yup. you are getting lazy OP.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-or-fabricated
    Maybe someone accidently reset him to factory default and he's starting again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Not in his prime? That's an understatement, the guy has boxed for over a decade. I think any retired boxer can knock you out with a fist to the face yes.

I'm more looking forward to see Anderson Silva's comeback next year. Somehow I doubt he's going to even be able to check a kick. Place your bets on him to lose round 1.
    Kicks are checked with the knee or upper shin. Leg kicks, like what broke Silva's, are thrown using the bottom part of your shin that meets your ankle.
    Nick Diaz will get decimated by Silva, but Silva will be forced to retire after a couple more fights in the state that he is in. The legend is getting old. I'll more than gladly bet against you that Anderson will win in January.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    A bare knuckle punch from Iron Mike Tyson. FUCK NO!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Maybe someone accidently reset him to factory default and he's starting again.
    or he forgot to put a tick next to thread title in his little black book of topics.

No need to recreate and discuss the same thread again.

Closed.