Deleted

Only 2 Raid tiers story

Am i the only one whos disappointed about this, if only from a story view. Surely it won't give time to finish all the stories from the expansion.

Like if Wrath never had Ulduar, the Iron Army, thorim etc would never have been addressed. Cata missed all the tidehunter out but that probs been visited in later expansions.

Though never having played the expansion not sure of all the story-lines, but wouldn't people like to see raid exploring the colossus?

just my view

Maybe they plan to span the story over multiple expansions?
    Allowing them to actually focus more on side stories - imagine if Ulduar got as much story time as whole Lich King thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Maybe they plan to span the story over multiple expansions?
    Allowing them to actually focus more on side stories - imagine if Ulduar got as much story time as whole Lich King thing..
    That certainly seems to be what they are trying to do- what with the "WoD will lead in to the next expansion" statement.

It remains to be seen if we are exploring more of Draenor or heading back to Azeroth, though.

Two raid tiers could cover the story, if they mean two additional tiers, not counting release raids. MoP only had two tiers following the release, and every other content patch was mostly story. If they go for a content-raid-content-raid type of schedule, they could well finish up the stories like they did with Mists.

probably story will be spread across 3 expansions like in starcraft

Seeing as most of MoP's story was told through the initial questing, daily questing in 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 content as well as a multitude of solo and group scenarios, the raids didn't add very much to it at all. Sure ToT was an awesome raid compared to others but in terms of the main story it was utterly irrelevant. It was a side story, if anything the progress on Isle of Thunder itself contributed to the main story. So in the end, it wouldn't really take 3 tiers to tell a story, the question is how they tell it.

Still, I don't really think they'll go with 2 tiers. I mean think about it, and consider the original formulation that was used. IF it is possible to bring out xpac 6 fast enough after WoD then, and only then, they might want to skip a raid tier and deliver that expansion earlier. To be fair, after seeing how the (most recent) development of WoD went, I highly doubt they'll be able to pull this off. They'd literally have to start putting xpac 6 into Alpha state soon after Blizzcon this year to stand a chance. Considering all this I dare saying that they'll stick with 3 tiers for WoD in the end, if just to buy them some more time, Sunwell style. And that decision has to be made really really soon, or else they might not be able to plan out the progress of the story correctly, depending on the model they chose.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-08-20 at 11:20 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    That's actually good news if you think about it.

2 tiers of let's say 3 raid each sounds better than 4 raids in each tier.

- Makes power creep less of an issue.
    - More relevant content per tier.
    - No need to implement any catch up mechanics or raid tier skipping.

I'm actually fine with that.